Unpopular opinions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Featuring but not limited to…..

~ The Wokey Bi guy/brand that is Harry Styles LTD.
((if urban outfitters was a person))

~ gender. All of them. You decide which are real or fictional.

~ fat people. Don’t eat me I’m just typing what I see.

~ chocolate. no explanation, it just comes up, a lot. Like a lot 😋 (see also biscuits/takeaways)

~ fake illnesses, parking spaces, bums, mums and boobs,
the COP world leaders Christmas party featuring comedian and all round barrel of laughs Greta Thunberg.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Many people are too thick to do jury service. There should be an aptitude test as part of the selection process.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
My choice of vehicle to drive is a big gas guzzler, have had it 20 yrs, it's gone up in value Not like buying a new car and as soon as you drive it off forecourt it depreciates!!

Reactions: 11
This is a small list...

I quite like Harry Styles. Good for him for doing what he feels. Also, guy liner is hot. I was a goth in the 90's though so men in eyeliner is not new to me 😆

I don't mind pro-nouns in email lines, it can be quite helpful. I have no wish to misgender anyone. However I don't feel they are needed for people who obviously identify as a particular gender. I wouldn't put she/her in mine for example because it's obvious.

I have a child who is a boy, they briefly expressed they wanted to be a girl recently. Left to his own devices he hasn't mentioned it since other than wanting to grow his hair. We won't be pushing it and will let him talk to us. If he wants to become they, that's fine.

If you think trans, gender fluid and non binary are new things, I can tell you they aren't. It's just that people feel they can be more open about them now. Thank goodness.

Also pineapple, olives, gherkins on pizza all rock innit 😜

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
People shouldn't be allowed to drive big 4x4's when they live in cities and if they can't park them properly

Skinny jeans make 90% of people look tit

Reactions: 20
If driving on a motorway 'scares' you, then you're a danger to other road users and shouldn't be driving.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Also if you hog the right hand lane you should be disqualified from driving

Chocolate is nice but anything chocolate flavoured is vile - no to chocolate cake, milk, coffees, hot drinks <<<insert as applicable>>>

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Working from home was awful.
I like being back in the office I feel like when I come home I’m switched off from work.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Cancel culture isn't all bad - Hi Ellen de Generes! 👋

All covers of Bob Dylan songs are better than the original dirge

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If you think trans and gender fluid and non binary are new things, I can tell you they aren't. It's just that people feel they can be more open about them now. Thank goodness.

Also pineapple, olives, gherkins on pizza all rock innit 😜
Gender bending and gender nonconformity has been around for yonks, that's true. The medicalisation of kids, however, is a new phenomenon.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Many people are too thick to do jury service. There should be an aptitude test as part of the selection process.
I completely agree ! after sitting on a jury and the judge asking us to look at the screens in front of us to view CCTV of the incident we sat there looking at blank screens waiting for them to magically turn on like you see on telly only for him to pipe up and say ahem ! you all need to press the power button to turn them on 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Tuna 🤢 sandwiches, pasta anything. The smell, the texture, everything about it. Even just thinking about it turns my stomach.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Samantha was the worst character in SATC and I’m glad she’s not in the new series. Yes you heard me.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Me and oh went out on motorbike last week, popped into a pub for a pint, felt as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit, my money is as good anyone elses, and probably what we were wearing was more expensive than most in the pub, shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Reactions: 12
People that exploit and flaunt their seriously ill children on Instagram or any other social media platform are plain scum.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Gender bending and gender nonconformity has been around for yonks, that's true. The medicalisation of kids, however, is a new phenomenon.
I would say that is a fair comment.

I personally wouldn't medicate my child until the situation seriously required it. I suspect the majority that do go down the medication route do so because it's necessary for that young person's well being.
I don't think you can judge anyone in this situation. You just have to take it one step at a time and do what is best. I say this as a close friend of someone with a child who is non binary.

I'd also say we need to stop writing off young people's mental health concerns as woke or a fad and just listen.
It harms no-one to give a minute of their time to this. Why are other people's pronouns such a hate factor? Just be respectful.

Cheese doesn't belong on pizza.
How would you prefer it?

Gosh wording that in a friendly way was hard cos obviously what I meant was what the duck do you mean cheese doesn't belong on a pizza 🤯

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
There’s only one man in my life who I completely trust. Every other man I know has either let me down or given me a reason not to trust them in some way over the years.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Cross bred puppies, they make thousands, why? End of the day they are mongrels or Heinz 57, am a dog lover, but could never afford a pup now, my last dog I brought, border collie, 3 yrs ago was £200, lost my and his mate recently, but even think about getting another.too expensive:(

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.