Unpopular opinions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
most public places are dog friendly though and allow for dogs off lead. The post said they thought dogs should be kept on lead
Yeh no I agree with you, I’m not disagreeing with that at all.

the original unpopular opinion was that dogs shouldn’t be allowed off lead anywhere, at all, ever. A total ban. No off lead in dog parks, no dogs off lead in standard parks etc.

I was offering an alternative view that this would probably make a lot of bad dog behaviour worse and that dogs would suffer and need to be let off lead sometimes.
Oh for gods sake that was not the original unpopular opinion!! At no point did I say total ban or refer to dog parks or say ever at all.

This thread has motivated me to take my mutt up to the dog park at lunchtime as the sun’s out. She thanks you 🐕 all

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't really care about bi women/men but I would not date a bi man. The idea of my boyfriend taking or sucking dick gives me the ick 😳
Never did I think I'd see the day Jesus was talking about his boyfriend sucking dick, thank you Tattle :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This thread has motivated me to take my mutt up to the dog park at lunchtime as the sun’s out. She thanks you 🐕 all
I read this as muff and I’m not ok 😂😂

hey guys I’m still straight and female does that make me boring 😐
#nolabels

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I believe all dogs should be on lead in public places. If as a dog owner, you have ever uttered the words “he’s just saying hello” or “don’t worry he’s friendly” to a stranger. You are an utter menace.
100% this 🙏🙏🙏. And it’s not anti dog to say it

Reactions: 6
I read this as muff and I’m not ok 😂😂

hey guys I’m still straight and female does that make me boring 😐
#nolabels
You can't sit with us unless your at least a little bit Gay at the weekends. Failing that, do you identify as a dolphin on any given week?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thank you for the great tips! Really appreciate it ❤

Thank you for the tips as well! I grew up in a house that never really used spices and my mother was told by the midwife that it was dangerous to use salt to season when my siblings and I were young so I think that’s why I’m a bit unsure about certain things because I don’t know how they go together? Like on bake off when they come up with these wonderful flavour combos and I’m like ‘wait, you can use those together!?’
I can cook and I think the key to food that tastes good is seasoning properly - you know how everyone goes on about how much salt Jamie Oliver puts in stuff on his TV shows or how much butter chefs use - that's why their food tastes good. The other thing is patience - most things with a home made sauce are way better cooked low and slow for the sauce to reduce properly. But mostly its practice. Once you've followed a couple of recipes and you know what goes with what you can start knocking stuff together with what you've got in. Some of my best meals are made from stuff I've cobbled together when I forgot to go to the shop!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think I'm certain situations horse owners should be legally obliged to pick up their horse's tit, as dog owners are. tit in a field? Fine. tit on a road? Not overly arsed. tit on the footpath beside a road? Not ok, clean it up.

There's a riding stables near us. Several of the owners ride their horses on a couple of sections of footpath, and there is regularly piles of tit on the path. I've witnessed wheelchairs, pushchairs and small children on bikes and scooters having to move into the road to avoid it. Apparently it's OK though, because it's "just hay" 😒

There are plenty of other places to take a horse that don't involve them shitting where people are trying to go about their business.

I can cook and I think the key to food that tastes good is seasoning properly - you know how everyone goes on about how much salt Jamie Oliver puts in stuff on his TV shows or how much butter chefs use - that's why their food tastes good. The other thing is patience - most things with a home made sauce are way better cooked low and slow for the sauce to reduce properly. But mostly its practice. Once you've followed a couple of recipes and you know what goes with what you can start knocking stuff together with what you've got in. Some of my best meals are made from stuff I've cobbled together when I forgot to go to the shop!
It's funny how as humans we will discredit stuff like Jamie's because "too much salt or butter", then cook ourselves up some processed pasta, processed low calorie sauce and frozen garlic bread as long as there's some lettuce on the side. Loooooooooool.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Horses are awful and I don't like them. They smell and if advice is to believed, exist only to kick me in the head one day if I wander too close to their arse.

• Haha
I can't argue with this one - bisexual woman marrying a man although most of my previous relationships were with women, it does grate a bit when I KNOW someone that calls herself bisexual has never dated, kissed or slept with a woman and is talking like the authority on it!!
Winds me up too. I had a 7 year relationship with a woman and I don't even call myself bisexual because I've exclusively dated men since. And yet there's this array of dickheads on social media like, "Being in a heterosexual relationship doesn't make your queerness less valid". Because the "queer" people who need reassurance are definitely the ones in socially endorsed heterosexual relationships whose egos might be damaged if we presume they're straight and therefore boring.

• Heart
They can attach those tit buckets* to their rear ends like they do for parades.

*not horsey at all, stop me if I get too technical

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Indeed. And now we find ourselves in a situation where an entire generation of girls and women are identifying as transgender and getting their healthy breasts cut off by willing surgeons, especially in the US.

Some even prefer to get the nipples removed too.

The regret and lawsuits will be increasing in number over the next 5-10 years.
View attachment 855352
Oliver Quincy seems like a melt 🥴

Reactions: 1
I think I'm certain situations horse owners should be legally obliged to pick up their horse's tit, as dog owners are. tit in a field? Fine. tit on a road? Not overly arsed. tit on the footpath beside a road? Not ok, clean it up.

There's a riding stables near us. Several of the owners ride their horses on a couple of sections of footpath, and there is regularly piles of tit on the path. I've witnessed wheelchairs, pushchairs and small children on bikes and scooters having to move into the road to avoid it. Apparently it's OK though, because it's "just hay" 😒

There are plenty of other places to take a horse that don't involve them shitting where people are trying to go about their business.
This is a huge ick of mine. People thinking it's ok to leave (admittedly dog) tit in fields where people walk. They seem to think it will just magically dissapear because it's in the countryside. It won't, someone elses dogs (or indeed them, themselves) will trod in it and let me tell you, there are few things more disgusting than cleaning another dog's tit out of your dogs paws. If your dog is running over there, why do you think noone elses will be? It's just common courtesy, the space isn't just your dog's litter box. Plus I doubt you own the field and I highly doubt the owner wants it caked in dog tit.

Reactions: 7
Horses are awful and I don't like them. They smell and if advice is to believed, exist only to kick me in the head one day if I wander too close to their arse.
brb crying for u
they’re one of the most loving animals i know
once you get that connection with them it’s in your blood
i get why people don’t like them tho they can be scary

Reactions: 3
I think adding to the Bi conversation - (in my experience anyway), alot of women think they are Bi because they find women attractive. I think alot of this comes from the fact that most straight men would :sick: at the thought of finding another man attractive, so women think, well if I find women attractive, I must be Bi? I think women can far more easily appreciate other women's beauty than men can with other men. I find women absolutely beautiful and far more attractive than men, but the thought of anything sexual makes me want to yeet myself off a cliff. No hate to people who feel the opposite of course, just not for me personally.

Like I say, just my experience and maybe another unpopular opinion, but most 'Bi' women I know have actually never had a single encounter with women (or expressed any desire to) and just think they are gorgeous.
I absolutely agree with this. Thinking women are beautiful, sleeping with them are two very different things.

Another reason I don't call myself bisexual despite having dated women 😂.

Reactions: 4
Oh for gods sake that was not the original unpopular opinion!! At no point did I say total ban or refer to dog parks or say ever at all.
Sorry if I misunderstood but the opinion was “I believe all dogs should be on lead in public places.”

dog parks/parks etc are public places?

Kitkat chunkies are the best
In the midst of some serious chat about sexuality, dogs and whatever else you're bringing us the real important opinions. I agree. Not white chocolate ones tho. White chocolate belongs in the bin!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Oliver Quincy seems like a melt 🥴
Nah, just autistic and mentally ill and in need of support, not 🌈 validation 🌈

Why is it OK for a mentally ill autistic person to surgically mutilate their bodies, in the name of a non-binary identity? Why is it totally OK to cut breasts off, but amputating a nose or an arm is beyond the pale?

Reactions: 10
even the closure of day centres during the pandemic has had such an impact on disabled people and their families. Now some councils are seeing it as a way to cut costs;they’ve managed for this long, do they really need a centre etc etc. And not grasping that families as a whole need this service.
This 100% I work in a day centre for learning disabilities and our local council have tried to close it down before but public outcry saved it. They have done nothing but stall and delay reopening and the decline in users communication and mental health is so sad to see

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.