Unpopular opinions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who get Botox and fillers always look like tit. If you think yours is done well and doesn't show, yes it does and people are too nice to say something.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Unpopular opinion: women being critical of other women is not always automatically 'misogyny' or 'hating on other women'. Feminism is about equality of the sexes. It does not mean that women must not ever criticise each other. If anything, I think it's more sexist to say that women are not allowed to criticise each other and must stick together. Are men told the same?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
No idea why you're feeling personally attacked. I never said it was about *all* bisexual women, it is a very specific type.
Your "very specific type" applies to lots of bisexual people - which is what they are. You have no idea what goes on in peoples minds.

People who have work done on their faces look older, not younger, I think.
A lot of the women on Love Island this year seemed to have work done (massive lips especially) and I was so shocked they were all in their 20s.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Your "very specific type" applies to lots of bisexual people - which is what they are. You have no idea what goes on in peoples minds.
Again: this is not about what knowing what goes on in peoples minds. It is specifically about the vocal kind of person who makes a big thing out of being bisexual because they've kissed a woman once, if even that. Those women are co opting an identity. I'm not sure why you feel personally attacked by this or why you think we're saying it applies to all bisexual women but I have come across those types before, as have others here. Who are you to question the lived experience of others?!

Reactions: 3

A lot of the women on Love Island this year seemed to have work done (massive lips especially) and I was so shocked they were all in their 20s.
Yep, Botox and fillers are especially ageing on a younger person.

Reactions: 6
Again: this is not about what knowing what goes on in peoples minds. It is specifically about the vocal kind of person who makes a big thing out of being bisexual because they've kissed a woman once, if even that. Those women are co opting an identity. I'm not sure why you feel personally attacked by this or why you think we're saying it applies to all bisexual women but I have come across those types before, as have others here. Who are you to question the lived experience of others?!
Why can't someone kiss a woman once and be bi? Lots of people have an idea of their sexuality before they've kissed anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t give a duck who you shag aslong as it is consensual and age appropriate, I don’t care how you identify, I just definitely don’t want to bleeping hear about it.

NOONE but you and potential mates care what label you give yourself. Read it, then read it again. Other people thinking *some* people misuse stupid bleeping manmade labels, isn’t taking your joined the club badge away from you.

Calm yourself down, stop thinking your sexual preference is world breaking news and go and have a nice crumpet.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Why can't someone kiss a woman once and be bi? Lots of people have an idea of their sexuality before they've kissed anyone.
Well of course they could be but again, this is not aimed at people who might have limited experience- it is specifically about women who might have kissed a girl once a million years ago and still loudly proclaims to all and sundry that she's bisexual and co opts Pride and makes it all about her. That's a very specific type, this isn't about attacking all bi people or bi erasure or bi phobia or anything. If you think it's impossible that someone would embellish something to make themselves seem more interesting then I don't know what to tell you. It's human nature

• Sick
On the subject of faux-"misogyny": I really hate the idea that it is "sexist" not to like romance novels and "you only dislike them because they're popular with women." Or when people claim that the only real reason people disliked Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey was because women loved them. No, it's because they're horribly written and glorify abusive relationships. And then out comes the argument "people don't do this with media aimed at men!" They certainly do, look at how Ready Player One was widely mocked and criticised

Reactions: 11
we’re referring to a specific group of people who do things for attention. Being part of the lgbt community has been seen by some as a trend it’s almost popular to be bi, trans, gay, lesbian etc and so with all trends some people use it to their advantage to get attention. It’s fine you don’t agree. I think it’s getting repetitive and boring now but the long and short of it is no one is trying to upset anyone or attack anyone personally it’s merely an observation a few people have made based on people they’ve seen, we don’t need to know what goes on in someone’s mind to have an opinion on them we can only judge them on face value and everyone judges people whether that’s positivity or negatively is another issue. It’s an unpopular opinions thread after all!
4BB89856-89CE-414A-A81E-4DD7888D6250.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People who get Botox and fillers always look like tit. If you think yours is done well and doesn't show, yes it does and people are too nice to say something.
Completely disagree. Mine is done well and literally none of my friends noticed I had anything done until I pointed it out. I can see a difference but its subtle.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
there are gay and trans people around the world that live in fear of being killed, stoned to death in some cases, or sent to a literal concentration camp for a part of them that they can’t control but aye it’s just made up labels for people to be able to be different and special

• Haha
  • Heart
Completely disagree. Mine is done well and literally none of my friends noticed I had anything done until I pointed it out. I can see a difference but its subtle.
I always wonder if women who say fillers look awful have ever had them. They remind me of those memes where someone says “I only spend 10 minutes putting on my make-up” 👀 I get 2ml in my lips (two full syringes) when I can be bothered and after the swelling it is very subtle. That’s why I don’t get them often because it’s a lot of money for little change. I think they only look bad when they try to copy a lip shape they don’t have e.g. a prominent Cupid’s bow when there isn’t one 🥴, go to crap injectors and get 3ml+.

Last edited:
  • Haha
there a gay and trans people around the world that live in fear of being killed, stoned to death, or sent to a literal concentration camp for a part of them that they can’t control but aye it’s just made up labels for people to be able to be different and special 🙄
No one said it’s made up labels. No one. Everyone should feel comfortable to be whoever they are. The facts are not everyone is genuine.

Yes there are horrific things that happen to people around the world for many things that do not happen in places like the U.K, the U.K. is now very accepting of the lgbt community and in the past 5-10 years we’ve turned a massive corner and because it’s now so widely accepted SOME people have viewed it as a trend - businesses have even jumped on the *trend* labelling their sandwiches as pride sandwiches etc let’s not try and make this into something it isn’t

• Wow
After reading the story about the poor boy who lost his life after a dog attack yesterday I don’t believe “There is no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad owner”

I’m a dog owner and grown up with dogs all my life in both a family and working environment. I like to think I am a bloody good owner too HOWEVER he is still an animal and I will never, ever fully trust him. He’s on a lead when walked, we ask permission when out for a walk and he wants to sniff another dog. If we are not asked and people approach him I ask them not to. I’ve even had an earful off a chavvy woman after I asked her kid to stop trying to approach him as the kid was running around and being loud and he was getting scared. We walked off and she started giving us gob.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
No one said it’s made up labels. No one. Everyone should feel comfortable to be whoever they are. The facts are not everyone is genuine.

Yes there are horrific things that happen to people around the world for many things that do not happen in places like the U.K, the U.K. is now very accepting of the lgbt community and in the past 5-10 years we’ve turned a massive corner and because it’s now so widely accepted SOME people have viewed it as a trend - businesses have even jumped on the *trend* labelling their sandwiches as pride sandwiches etc let’s not try and make this into something it isn’t
With respect a poster above literally said

“ NOONE but you and potential mates care what label you give yourself. Read it, then read it again. Other people thinking *some* people misuse stupid bleeping manmade labels, isn’t taking your joined the club badge away from you.

Calm yourself down, stop thinking your sexual preference is world breaking news and go and have a nice crumpet.”

That’s what I was referring to

• Heart
Reactions: 2
With respect a poster above literally said

“ NOONE but you and potential mates care what label you give yourself. Read it, then read it again. Other people thinking *some* people misuse stupid bleeping manmade labels, isn’t taking your joined the club badge away from you.

Calm yourself down, stop thinking your sexual preference is world breaking news and go and have a nice crumpet.”

That’s what I was referring to.
Ok thanks for clarifying to me it wasn’t clear as you never quoted them so I assumed you were referring to my post as I mentioned gay and trans people.

Reactions: 2
Personally I haven't come across as many men who claim to be bisexual. Whereas I have met many women who have kissed a girl once and are now married to men but refer to themselves as bisexual.
I’ve met plenty of those. They hate being boring heteros and wish their bisexuality could be validated or acknowledged somehow. One even wished her husband would let her have a girlfriend on the side.

I have nothing against bi women who’ve chosen to settle down with men. I totally understand that it’s “easier” to choose a long term straight relationship than a lesbian one. The only thing I find weird is needing to cling to a bisexual identity when you’ve been with the same man for 20+ years.

Reactions: 9
I believe all dogs should be on lead in public places. If as a dog owner, you have ever uttered the words “he’s just saying hello” or “don’t worry he’s friendly” to a stranger. You are an utter menace.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.