Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Do you butter the bun of a burger or hotdog?

This was subject to debate on my team at work and opinions were divided

My opinion is you don't butter the bun, the ketchup/bbq sauce/burger sauce/mustard or whatever is enough of a lubricant
I put mayo on it

Merpedy

VIP Member
Would you let a dog roam free? People usually go for a walk with their dogs
In Eastern Europe it used to be (not sure if it’s still the same, though last time I went I did see some dogs alone) acceptable to let dogs go out on their own. No major issues with wild dog packs or anything either

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
This has to stop. It's not inclusive, it's a waste of money. It doesn't make gay people want to join the fire brigade/police/ambulance/whatever.
Absolutely pointless and virtue signalling. When I see a vehicle like this, it's doesn't make me think 'oh that's inclusive' it makes me think 'that's stupid'

They are emergency services and as such should behave like it. Police doing the macarena? No. You are there to police. Our emergency services should be entirely neutral about everything.

View attachment 1550898
I would have been blown away by this as a child. I loved rainbow-coloured things and when I was about six I occasionally saw a local bus that had a multi-coloured mural or pattern painted on the sides and I thought it was great.

Merpedy

VIP Member
This probably isn't a UO yet, but sales of milk alternatives have increased rapidly throughout the last couple of years (apparently 1 in 3 now drink them rather than dairy milk), so if the trend continues, us cow milk drinkers will be the unpopular ones. :D
That’s nice to hear. Milk is fairly easy to change in the diet because it doesn’t seem like this huge commitment as you’ll likely continue to use other products with normal milk in

Merpedy

VIP Member
There's also a lot of discussion about how halal meat is particularly cruel because the animals aren't always stunned - according to the RSCPA page 87% are stunned despite being halal so that's pretty good

Though with stunning potentially not being carried out properly I don't know whether that's as big of an issue

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
View attachment 1548008

Anyway, I’m bored of this topic now; believe in the big bang and prostrate in front of a cardboard cut out Richard Dawkins or believe God made the world in 7 days and Noah sailed round the world in a floating zoo - I’m really not arsed either way as long you’re (not you personally) not a dick.
Why are you confused about that? I’m saying they should be allowed to (ie freedom of expression), I just personally don’t want to hear it and wish that those who like to witter on about their beliefs and make things awkward, would sometimes pick up on the social cues and just stop doing it 🤣.

Em_

VIP Member
We’re not for a death but we should get one for Charles’ coronation
I thought you would for the Queen, so was quite surprised and disappointed to find out that you don’t. That should be next year, if he’s still alive and if what I’ve read is correct.

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
It was a few pages ago but I can't just scroll past this 'burger king is better than mcdonalds' nonsense. BK tastes like burnt sick.

Rxt156

VIP Member
I saw a Halloween shop advertised online!! Too soon and it’s definitely unnecessary anyway

Merpedy

VIP Member
Well looking at the trillions of photographs online of people old enough to make their own choice, it seems many of them have consented.
at no point did I consider that one of my friends would be using my pictures for his wank bank and I imagine the same goes for many people

I’m still of the opinion that this whole thing is a bit of a panic and the users saying that parents should be locking down their and their child’s social media are right

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
at no point did I consider that one of my friends would be using my pictures for his wank bank and I imagine the same goes for many people

I’m still of the opinion that this whole thing is a bit of a panic and the users saying that parents should be locking down their and their child’s social media are right
I’m not trying to change your opinion, I just shared mine. It’s cool to disagree 😂

Sharkfan

Letting your cat out definitely varies in how dangerous it is based on where you live and how outgoing your cat is. We live on a quiet road where a lot of our neighbours have cats so I think the risk of road accidents or people harming local cats isn’t too high. Plus my cat is quite timid and will only really roam around ours and our neighbour’s gardens so never goes near any roads.

Maid22

VIP Member
People also think their dog being little means they can get away with their dog being an annoying, yappy, aggressive little shit. If it wouldn’t be alright for a GS to come bounding over and snarling at other dogs, don’t let your chihuahua/jack russell/westie do the same.
The only dogs I've ever had are collies and jack russells, I'm a good dog owner, the ones I've had a problem with when out walking mine, labradors, boxers, spaniels and collies!!!