Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Uo (or possibly not) I don’t think they need to turn off all channels and programmes to broadcast it. The same feed is on bbc 1 and bbc 2. They’ve even turned off bbc 3 and replaced it with a black screen and a “serious news message” or something to that effect.
I expect that if normal scheduling returns it will often be interrupted by another news special of Charles travelling the country or whatever it is he is meant to do

Ensay

VIP Member
I’m in eastern England and ours are open 10-4 but you can go in and browse from 9.30 but the tills can’t serve you until 10
Haha yeah, the browsing time is a bit sneaky as then they can hit the ground running as soon as it’s 10am. Nothing in the rules to stop it, though.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I agree there is no need for it! And sure all the excess shite goes in the bin! I expect a hamster in the wicker basket at the very least! (Also Fellow Irish person “do be😂🙌🏻)
The “do be “ is also a thing on Tik Tok at the moment . That’s where my youngest sister got it from and started saying it.

HoGi

VIP Member
At least they’re open part of the day now, as a kid they were all shut and then when they first started to open they had to barrier off the alcohol section as we could buy bread etc but not booze
I remember the barrier in the alcohol aisle

As the child of two people with complicated relationships with alcohol trips to the supermarket were always fun! Had to spend a lot of time waiting for the barrier to be removed 🤣

mcfeez

VIP Member
Yeah in a lot of countries religion and culture are intertwined. It’s not so much like that in the UK. Either way, I wouldn’t make a judgement on anyone purely based on them wearing a crucifix, hijab, or Thor’s hammer.
I never mentioned making a judgement, only associated the wearing of religious items with being religious and identifying as such ie a part of one's personality.

Also N.Ireland, where I am from, is in the UK and you are incorrect - religion and culture go hand in hand here.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
ou could say that about anyone’s beliefs about anything though. No one needs to keep anything to themselves (unless it’s inciting violence obv) even if it’s annoying as fuck. If you don’t like or care about what someone’s saying, don’t listen or tell them to shut up
Oh I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be allowed to express their beliefs, I mean that religion is a divisive topic and for the sake of social cohesion, I personally think it would probably be better if people just didn’t talk about their beliefs tbh. Like if someone tries telling me that they genuinely believe that the world was made by a god in 7 days, I totally respect their right to believe that, I just think they’re a bit uneducated.

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Would you stop eating meat if you thought they had the same consciousness as people? Causeee I’m in that boat, I thank whichever animal I’m eating before each meal for giving up its life. Meat is an acquired taste for me but I eat it anyway because for me it keeps me healthy.

ETA I’m asking because the moo posts are depressing me sm
Just curious, how do you thank it if it’s dead?

Merpedy

VIP Member
So sure 'stand with Ukraine' like the fucking idiots you are, shut the fuck up enjoy your cold winter.
I'm confused because haven't people been saying that the rising costs aren't fully linked to the whole Ukraine-Russia war?

Merpedy

VIP Member
If that's aimed at least in part at a comment I made, the idiots I was referring to are lazy jobless competitive paupers from the Jack Monroe school of pleading poverty whilst actually being middle class. The sort who could get a proper job but won't, and claim benefits whilst also getting handouts from family.

Most working class people (and I include myself in that, having grown up in social housing) you know, the ones who actually work, are perfectly able to show some level of respect for the loss of our monarch.
It was more aimed at someone from my Facebook friend list

Mamacita

VIP Member
Animals aren’t humans. They don’t have any understanding of it being “their turn”

As I’ve said - people in the industry will treat the animals well - it serves them to because the end product has to be good.

have you ever visited a working farm or been to a slaughterhouse to watch the process of how animals are brought in and humanly killed? Have you ever spoken to anyone who works in the industry?

The protein content is comparable to eggs, milk is usually higher.
Milk per 100g is about 3-4g, eggs is over 10. I'd say milk is comparable source of protein to eg potatoes, i have no idea why it's being branded as high protein source.

In terms of being vegetarian, I do struggle with animal suffering and feel guilty about it, but having tried to eat a diet without meet I couldn't keep much down, it's just not feasible for me. Would be keen on some lab grown meat though

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Except we don't, it's less than 5%. Other parts of Europe are quite reliant but you "fact" isn't an unpopular opinion, its just incorrect
I thought maybe talking about other fuels as well, oil etc combined? but I still don't think it comes close to 60%?

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I don't really get why other people moan about what their Facebook friends post when it's so easy to defriend people, mute them or just delete Facebook completely and never view it again.
I look at it once a week and no more.