Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not my problem really. I donate to the foodbank but don't have much myself. I still manage to buy high welfare meat/eggs/dairy.
If you value animal welfare so much why do you continue to use animal products?

Reactions: 23
I have pretty extreme, very unpopular opinions, that doesn't make me a troll. Can you honestly say you would leave your beloved pet to die over some random human? If you absolutely had to choose, that is. I love my cat more than a random human, so surely it's obvious what I would choose?!

Sorry, but it is. I saw a chicken in asda for 2.48, bleeping disgusting honestly. I bet a lot of people could afford higher welfare meat, but the problem is they don't want to because it would mean eating less of it and having to go without other luxuries.
What even is this weird hypothetical scenario you’ve made up though? You’d never be in a position where you had to make a choice between saving your pet vs a child sweatshop worker from a burning building, so why even say it?

Reactions: 10
Ok so it's not your problem but it's also none of your business what people are choosing to buy and put into their bodies.
It's an unpopular opinions thread so I was sharing mine. Doesn't mean I go around Tesco calling everyone a bleep if they buy the cheap meat, but I do judge.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It's not my problem really. I donate to the foodbank but don't have much myself. I still manage to buy high welfare meat/eggs/dairy.
The cognitive dissonance is real… you’re eating dead flesh from an animal who was slaughtered and died in agony. If you want to take the moral high ground, go vegan!!

Reactions: 21
My unpopular opinion tonight is

No one wants to see your kids first day of school photos, please stop putting them on all your social media platforms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I think people who buy all the posh stuff are snobby cunts

There was an article that said someone found an aldi item on the shelf with the Waitrose veg. Half of it comes from the same production line and either has a Waitrose sticker slapped on or an Aldi sticker 🤪 pay £££ if it makes ya feel better

Reactions: 15
What even is this weird hypothetical scenario you’ve made up though? You’d never be in a position where you had to make a choice between saving your pet vs a child sweatshop worker from a burning building, so why even say it?
I said save a random child vs my cat not a child from a sweatshop factory, but I can see what you were trying to do there.
If you value animal welfare so much why do you continue to use animal products?
Good question. I did stop eating meat for 6 months, but I was craving meat and found it difficult to get enough protein as I was also trying to lose weight. Ideally I wouldn't eat meat/dairy at all. I still feel guilty about it though.

Reactions: 3
Heyyy I’ve been over on the influencer threats I’ve never even known about these 😁 there’s defo some bra burners on here!
I like meat
I dislike kids outside of my family (I’m not a parent)
I also wouldn’t give my seat on a plane up for a family to sit together

Ooh that felt good!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have pretty extreme, very unpopular opinions, that doesn't make me a troll. Can you honestly say you would leave your beloved pet to die over some random human? If you absolutely had to choose, that is. I love my cat more than a random human, so surely it's obvious what I would choose?!

Sorry, but it is. I saw a chicken in asda for 2.48, bleeping disgusting honestly. I bet a lot of people could afford higher welfare meat, but the problem is they don't want to because it would mean eating less of it and having to go without other luxuries.
Luxuries?
What, like heating?

Reactions: 7
I said save a random child vs my cat not a child from a sweatshop factory, but I can see what you were trying to do there.

Good question. I did stop eating meat for 6 months, but I was craving meat and found it difficult to get enough protein as I was also trying to lose weight. Ideally I wouldn't eat meat/dairy at all. I still feel guilty about it though.
Ah so it’s fine for you to eat meat because of cravings and a need for protein but poor people should survive on a diet of bread and lentils? You’re tying yourself in knots here 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It's an unpopular opinions thread so I was sharing mine. Doesn't mean I go around Tesco calling everyone a bleep if they buy the cheap meat, but I do judge.
And other people on this thread are simply judging you for your ridiculous opinions so that’s all OK 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
And other people on this thread are simply judging you for your ridiculous opinions so that’s all OK 🤷‍♀️
Doesn't seem want to be judged for her choices but is judging others whilst being a massive hypocrite. 😬

Reactions: 4
Going back to the Christmas comments on the previous thread.

Homemade Christmas presents are tit. Give me nothing rather than your homemade flavoured vodka or tray of cookies. I'm not materialistic, you really don't need to spend any money on me, but please stop giving me homemade crap that I will bin. Nothing is more than fine, so much more than fine. 🎄 🎁

And while I am at it stop sending me a Christmas letter (essay) in the card. I don't care that Veronica won the egg and spoon race or that Jimmy can now ride a bike. Not interested.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.