Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I actually believe that lockdown/isolation has a lot to do with this.
Along with tit parenting and social media
Oh come on, you really think it started in 2020?

The type of behaviour seen at the Reading Festival is reminiscent of Woodstock '99. In fact, it wouldn't even surprise me if the yobs at Reading were influenced by the recent Woodstock documentary.

Reactions: 11
New Year’s Eve is rubbish. Going out and getting pissed has never appealed to me for NYE (or at all really) I much prefer just sitting in with snacks and watching tv. Last year me and my boyfriend watched the big fat quiz of the year with a drink and had a shot everytime we got a question wrong. We regretted it the next day cos we got a lot wrong 😂 but it was the best New Years I’ve ever had
Used to like it when I was younger but now I cant be arsed, last time I celebrated it was around 2018? it just shocked me how violent and belligerently drunk everyone got. I had to call an ambulance twice that night because at the start of the night before the club at 9pm! I found one girl in a puddle of sick with no friends to help her, and then to finish off the night waiting on a taxi home, a man getting in a fight and whacking his head full force of a concrete step. Never again.

Reactions: 6
Regarding the Notting Hill carnival, there's usually a bit of nudity there (the exception not the rule) but few people will say it's unsuitable for children in the same way they say Pride festivals are, despite nudity being rare at those, too. Double standards.

Reactions: 3

The type of behaviour seen at the Reading Festival is reminiscent of Woodstock '99. In fact, it wouldn't even surprise me if the yobs at Reading were influenced by the recent Woodstock documentary.

No - I do believe it was loooooong before that. Possibly 90s/00s.
crappy parents/social media/ld seems to have bought even more crappy behaviour to the front

I think we need to stop blaming the lockdowns/pandemic for bad behaviour.

Reactions: 12
I feel like Notting Hill carnival needs more policing and more regulation due to the fact it does happen in a residential area, unlike other events which involve music and large crowds, because from what I’ve seen this year, there has defo been a rise in vandalism, but I don’t think it should be cancelled altogether.

Reactions: 4
New Year’s Eve is rubbish. Going out and getting pissed has never appealed to me for NYE (or at all really) I much prefer just sitting in with snacks and watching tv. Last year me and my boyfriend watched the big fat quiz of the year with a drink and had a shot everytime we got a question wrong. We regretted it the next day cos we got a lot wrong 😂 but it was the best New Years I’ve ever had
That actually sounds really fun 😀

Not that it’s okay but there’s always been trouble on the last night R&L. It’s just an unfortunate consequence of too much booze and not enough food or sleep (and obviously drug use) it sends people absolutely feral.

I do think there’s a lack of respect in a lot young people these days though and that is bad parenting. I used to buy a friends kids a small gift at Xmas/birthday and I never really got any proper thanks from the kids. But lack of respect also comes from a lack of communication.

Reactions: 5
I think we need to stop blaming the lockdowns/pandemic for bad behaviour.
Indeed. So much stuff gets blamed on the lockdowns when they didn't even last that long. Things were going downhill before then, it's just convenient to use lockdowns as the reason for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
See also: horoscopes/star signs etc

load of bollocks. Soon as somebody asks me my star sign I zone out and know I Cba with the rest of the convo
Or when someone says something along the lines of… “the moon is aligning with my zodiac star sign, it must be Mercury retrograde because I cannot control my emotions…” 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 8
See also: horoscopes/star signs etc

load of bollocks. Soon as somebody asks me my star sign I zone out and know I Cba with the rest of the convo
I pulled a face one time when a colleague was ranting about something and another woman I work with was like omg you must be x star sign 🙄 eh naw he’s just a rocket?

UO: I do not give one single duck about space or aliens or what might be out there - it’s boring beyond words. Brian Cox can duck off.

Reactions: 5
I hate my birthday. I’ve literally never had a good one 😂. This year I’m planning on treating myself by staying at a nice hotel and having some me time. Is that sad as duck 🤣
Not at all, given the choice I would do that for mine. I don’t like my birthday, I used to because I took the whole “treat yo self” thing seriously and really did things for myself that I just don’t have the time or disposable funds to do anymore.

Reactions: 1
I feel like Notting Hill carnival needs more policing and more regulation due to the fact it does happen in a residential area, unlike other events which involve music and large crowds, because from what I’ve seen this year, there has defo been a rise in vandalism, but I don’t think it should be cancelled altogether.
But that’s because they’ve shown you all the vandalism on the tv / online. There’s no large event without a few dickheads but they don’t show all that at events that are hosted for white people by white people.

I think things were going down the crapper even before the pandemic. The lockdowns have just made things worse

Reactions: 9
Basically we can’t have anything fun and we’re cancelling football also because dickheads turn up to that too

Reactions: 1
I hate my birthday. I’ve literally never had a good one 😂. This year I’m planning on treating myself by staying at a nice hotel and having some me time. Is that sad as duck 🤣
Maybe not this year but that's what I'm going to do as soon as I am able

I think Monica Geller in friends looks cute fat. And it made her a better dancer.

• Haha
But that’s because they’ve shown you all the vandalism on the tv / online. There’s no large event without a few dickheads but they don’t show all that at events that are hosted for white people by white people.

It has nothing to do with race and that’s the issue, anytime someone raises an issue of the safety of such an event, someone brings race into it

Also ‘White events’ of that number aren’t held in residential areas, that’s the issue. Yes there is dickheads at festivals and crime and whatnot but nottinghill carnival causes ALOT of damages.

Having a quick google apparently it attracts a million people!? Do you not think that’s insane number of people in residential areas partying/drinking/doing drugs!?

Reactions: 9
Actually I’ve been seeing on social media and the news about the vandalism at the reading and leeds festivals too, they were actually setting stuff on fire and throwing bottles of piss 🤮. I don’t even need to mention wireless either because I’m sure you’ve all seen the absolute carnage that went on there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.