Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw kids speeding on the pavement with an electric scooter, two of them on it, the other day. If they make it to adulthood with their skulls intact, I’d be amazed.
On Saturday, I was in Caffe Nero on the Haymarket, London, and a group of teenage boys rode down the middle of the road, riding on their back wheels only with the front ones tilted off the ground at a high angle. I really hope none of them came a cropper further down the road.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Proms were actually a thing in Ireland when I was growing up in the 80s (they were called 'debs' though). I was dreading the idea of one but thankfully they seemed to have fallen out of favour by the time I was leaving school. They're a thing again these days though.
I hated the debs. Going out with a load of people you hate and are stuck with indoors for years 😂

On Saturday, I was in Caffe Nero on the Haymarket, London, and a group of teenage boys rode down the middle of the road, riding on their back wheels only with the front ones tilted off the ground at a high angle. I really hope none of them came a cropper further down the road.
You are a far better person than I am. When I see idiots doing crap like this, I say a silent prayer that they do come a cropper.

But that's just me wishing for instant karma.

Reactions: 5
I’m also in the “don’t care” category when it comes to my birthday. It’s February, it’s depressing, everyone is skint and I hate a fuss being made over me.

You’re literally just counting down the years until the good lord takes you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Halloween is tit I hate it, I never understand why grown adults get all excited for it! I understand children getting buzzing, but not adults. It’s crap
I love Halloween. We spend a week going to as many scare events as we can getting frightened out of our wits. Gets the adrenaline going and it’s not as dangerous as sky diving !

Reactions: 7
People don’t respect each other and their spaces enough anymore which is why whenever there’s something like Reading festival you see lots of people acting horribly. I’ve seen clips of people throwing bottles of piss on each other and trashing each other’s tents. Tents are cheap and if I’d had to abandon it and other belongings because some prick threw their excrement on it I’d be pissed.
Some teens don’t even respect what their parents have provided for them. Since Thursday I’ve seen a fair few kids laughing because they completely failed their GCSEs. One boy’s gone viral on TikTok for a video he made laughing at his mum yelling at him. It’s insane how this is the next generation and this is the attitude some of them have to education.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I saw kids speeding on the pavement with an electric scooter, two of them on it, the other day. If they make it to adulthood with their skulls intact, I’d be amazed.
Omg less than ten minutes ago two boys nearly took me off my feet and left me on my face on electric scooters, they whacked into my arm though, I’ll show you if it leaves a mark. bleeping hell.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

People don’t respect each other and their spaces enough anymore which is why whenever there’s something like Reading festival you see lots of people acting horribly. I’ve seen clips of people throwing bottles of piss on each other and trashing each other’s tents. Tents are cheap and if I’d had to abandon it and other belongings because some prick threw their excrement on it I’d be pissed.
Some teens don’t even respect what their parents have provided for them. Since Thursday I’ve seen a fair few kids laughing because they completely failed their GCSEs. One boy’s gone viral on TikTok for a video he made laughing at his mum yelling at him. It’s insane how this is the next generation and this is the attitude some of them have to education.
I actually believe that lockdown/isolation has a lot to do with this.
Along with tit parenting and social media

Halloween is the biggest pile of wank. I get the kids going out trick or treating but will never understand fully grown adults, British ones mind who say tit like”it’s my favourite holiday” 1) it’s not a holiday 2)it was never a thing until we became like the Americans and it’s not even the end of august and the shops of full of crap that can only be used on
that day and piles and piles of special Halloween “candy”

In fact under the list of things that weren’t a thing but now are a thing because everything has to be a grabby consumerist orgy you can also put:

Gender reveal parties
Baby showers
Proms (bleeping proms? Why?)
Halloween has always been a thing. Google Samhain and you’ll find people have been knocking doors disguised as animals etc and asking for food or coins for centuries.

Reactions: 7
Halloween is the biggest pile of wank. I get the kids going out trick or treating but will never understand fully grown adults, British ones mind who say tit like”it’s my favourite holiday” 1) it’s not a holiday 2)it was never a thing until we became like the Americans and it’s not even the end of august and the shops of full of crap that can only be used on
that day and piles and piles of special Halloween “candy”

In fact under the list of things that weren’t a thing but now are a thing because everything has to be a grabby consumerist orgy you can also put:

Gender reveal parties
Baby showers
Proms (bleeping proms? Why?)
Halloween is an Irish holiday not an American one 😂

Reactions: 9
I have a January birthday so they’ve also been a bit tit. Either it’s been crap weather and not able to get anywhere nice or when I was little people using weather as an excuse not to come to my party. People use January as an excuse to “forget” it or I’ve no money/not drinking eating out this month (despite been seen on socials doing exactly that just with other people ☹) now I’m happy enough with a delivery pizza and a new book to read because I don’t need crappy friends making up excuses.
I have a January birthday too and it’s usually just the expectation that I won’t do anything cos it’s cold / people are skint / everyone’s depressed. It’s quite tit isn’t it cos then you’re expected to attend everybody else’s birthdays all year round 😅

Reactions: 8
I hate NYE. Every year for the last decade I’ve had dreadful mental health that peaks on NYE, because I’ve had a tit decade and all that feels shoved into the forefront of my brain because everyone is banging on about what they’ve achieved, where they’ve been and what they’re going to do next. And people never talk about happiness on its own, it’s all related to and about progression eg career, having kids, getting married, money, house buying etc. duck off with your humble brags that insinuate anyone can do anything as long as they work hard enough

The other 364 days I actually don’t mind that I don’t adhere to people’s ideas of success but NYE just makes me feel like a massive failure. And the TV schedule is tit. I just go to sleep at 10pm 🤣
I hate NYE too and always have since I was a child. It has a very depressive melancholy feel to it. My mum also hates, as did my best friend in high school. When we reconnected on FB some years later one if the first things she said to me was ‘I still hate New Years Eve‘. It’s definitely a thing.

Here's an account of the trouble at Reading.

New Year’s Eve is rubbish. Going out and getting pissed has never appealed to me for NYE (or at all really) I much prefer just sitting in with snacks and watching tv. Last year me and my boyfriend watched the big fat quiz of the year with a drink and had a shot everytime we got a question wrong. We regretted it the next day cos we got a lot wrong 😂 but it was the best New Years I’ve ever had

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ooo I love New Year’s Eve me, me and my boyfriend have always had the best nights out for New Years, lately we’ve had nights in and still has loads of fun, it’s always just been our thing.

Another unpopular opinion reading this thread is Notting hill carnival is great. Busy yes but a great celebration of culture. Great for local businesses. There’s way less trouble there now due to the police and it finishes early doesn’t go into the night anymore but it’s a lot of fun and a great day.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.