Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know a lot about K-pop but aren’t they specifically marketed towards pre teen early teen girls, one look at them they look so sterile, clean cut and pretty but not sexual or sexually attractive in the slightest. Disclaimer : I’m deffo not the target audience.
The female KPop idols are scarily thin. I've read there's a huge pressure on them to be teeny tiny. My daughter (10) loves Blackpink. Actually, I think the males are just as pressurised weight-wise, it's horrific what is considered "fat" ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I like Kpop but I hate the fandom side of it, so obsessive.

Here's an UO, if you're 30/40/50 etc you shouldn't be on Twitter in a 'fandom' engaging with or fighting with people who are years younger than you. Fair enough enjoying the celeb/band or whatever. I remember being a teen and liking the youtubers Dan and Phil, and one of the 'popular' fans' mum signed up and would get herself enmeshed in drama or establish herself as 'fandom mum'. I find it really weird and such a breeding ground for grooming etc! Never mind wasting time moaning because of what some fifteen year old did/said. I feel like hardcore fandom stuff is for preteens/teens not adults

Reactions: 13
In the same vein, a few years ago, lots of insta types /low level celeb/model/actress types were fond of saying “ I’m a citizen of the world” “world citizen” on their insta bios 🤮😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree fans shouldn't be arguing with children / teenagers but I also don't think that being over 30 or even over 25 etc means you should stop taking part in fan activities - any more than any other hobby. Can be generalised to: UO - we're living longer than ever, people should mind their own business and stop moralising about "35-40 is middle aged and by this age at the latest, preferably by 30, you should act like other people's idea of grown up even if it means doing things you don't want to do or stopping doing things you like"

We've had discussion about fat activism before but I think it's especially grating when people have this mentality even when they can physically see it isn't true. I know a woman who had diabetes during pregnancy so her doctor put her on a strict diet and she lost a lot of weight - she was considerably slimmer after giving birth than before she got pregnant (all with medical supervision, the baby was fine.) She commented "well it's just temporary, I 'won't keep this thinner body' (exact quote), my ~set point~ will take me back to being very obese." More than a year after she gave birth, she hasn't put the weight back on, why? She's still following the diet at doctor's request because having had diabetes during pregnancy puts her at higher risk of Type 2, and she's a lot more active now that she has a young child to run around after. Yet still believes that diet and physical activity have nothing to do with weight loss! Similarly there was a well known "fat activist" who constantly claimed it was physically impossible for her to lose weight, but then she lost weight after a change of medication and didn't put it back on

Whilst being a ‘full time mummy’ might not be a job to some, its definitely much harder than being a working mum.
Oof this hit me right in the nads. I work a 13 hour care-work shift 5x a week and go home to my baby who, guess what, needs care. I’d sooner care for my daughter all day every day than care for residents at work. But my daughter doesn’t pay me, the local authority does. It is twice as hard working a full time job and caring for a baby. Never mind multiple kids. Sorry but shush

Reactions: 23
I think everyone will have a different view on what is “harder” based off their own experiences. I just don’t see the point in comparing them - being a mother is hard no matter what the circumstances are, it’s not a competition to see who has it worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think everyone will have a different view on what is “harder” based off their own experiences. I just don’t see the point in comparing them - being a mother is hard no matter what the circumstances are, it’s not a competition to see who has it worse.
Years ago, before I had a child, a woman I worked with who had two kids said ' I come to work for a break' and I genuinely thought 'what is she talking about?' I had a baby and I thought back to that conversation and could see her reasoning.

Given the choice though I would have preferred to stay at home and not work.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oof this hit me right in the nads. I work a 13 hour care-work shift 5x a week and go home to my baby who, guess what, needs care. I’d sooner care for my daughter all day every day than care for residents at work. But my daughter doesn’t pay me, the local authority does. It is twice as hard working a full time job and caring for a baby. Never mind multiple kids. Sorry but shush

Like i said, people dont stop being parents when they work, but when its something you do 24/7 with NO break its extremely hard

i’ve had experience of both and I’m speaking of that experience and of the experience of fellow sahm’s who I have spoken to who have been in the same position, obviously not every single person will feel the same, my post was aimed at those saying those are SAHM aren’t working. It is work and its and its extremely hard work.

I also worked in care fyi and I still say working and being a mum was easier than full time being a mum.

Not everyone will feel the same, but majority would.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think society’s expectations of mothers in this day and age differ so much that women end up comparing and sometimes even resenting each other. Damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

We’re expected to have it all, an established career, the perfect work life balance, being the best parent, running the perfect home and cooking all meals from scratch but in reality you can only have it all, if you do it all. While it’s possible to have and do it all, it often leads to burn out. Something’s gotta give somewhere whether it’s working less hours, utilising childcare options where possible, eating convenience foods or skipping the cleaning a few times a week. “It takes a village to raise a child”.

There’s always going to be someone criticising some part of it whether it’s “you shouldnt work so much while your kids are so small”, or “you should be working or you’ll not have a career to go back to”. Just do you, life’s hard enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Any British person who says ‘I feel I am more European than British’ is a knob.
For some reason it's kind of become cool for (lefty) English people to hate that they're English. Definitely a unique type of twattery

• Haha
Reactions: 14
For some reason it's kind of become cool for (lefty) English people to hate that they're English. Definitely a unique type of twattery
So true! I would say that I’ve seen a few Welsh and Scottish people say it too which surprised me but it’s mainly English people. It’s gotten worse since Brexit.

Reactions: 5
So true! I would say that I’ve seen a few Welsh and Scottish people say it too which surprised me but it’s mainly English people. It’s gotten worse since Brexit.
And all those that were suddenly going to leave the UK and make a new start in mainland Europe because of the way the vote went. They're still all here.... 🤣

Reactions: 9
My great grandfather was one of those people who made a decision to leave his country based on politics. He emigrated from Europe to America just in time to avoid Hitler’s grip on Germany.

And all those that were suddenly going to leave the UK and make a new start in mainland Europe because of the way the vote went. They're still all here.... 🤣
Lol not me, I fucked off and it was the best decision I ever made tbh.
I personally don’t think anyone should feel ashamed to be English at all, that’s ridiculous, but people need to stop hyping up the UK and just accept that the government is crap and the standard of living has fallen terribly over the past 10 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And me?
Most people in the west don’t mean it when they say they would move countries but I’m starting to wonder what’s best these days. I guess the precedent in my family has me thinking.

ETA: His city was razed so it was a big deal.

Last edited:
Lol not me, I fucked off and it was the best decision I ever made tbh.
I personally don’t think anyone should feel ashamed to be English at all, that’s ridiculous, but people need to stop hyping up the UK and just accept that the government is crap and the standard of living has fallen terribly over the past 10 years.
Where did you go?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.