Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO i find tinned food a minefield, literally cannot be the same room as tinned tuna 😬baked beans and spaghetti hoops also a massive can’t cope no
I’m genuinely phobic of both baked beans and tomato sauce.
Saw a baby in McDonald’s the other day with his full hand stuffed in the tomato sauce pot, eating just the sauce and smearing it all over his face. Had to leave.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
UO: Daisy Edgar Jones is as plain as plain can be and every few years we get a similar posh/upper class British actress starlet hyped to be the next best thing but they all look the same, have the same demeanour and the personality of a wet lettuce yet will be cast in everything for a year or two. Then they disappear only to appear at posh parties or holidaying in some enclave of the super rich every summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People that go on about Primark sizing being off, just aren't aware of what size they really are. Their sizes are small compared to other shops, but only because the other shops have vanity sized. You should only have to size up once from what you measure as in some items.

If you're an 8 and you had to buy 18 jeans, guess what, you're not an 8.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People that go on about Primark sizing being off, just aren't aware of what size they really are. Their sizes are small compared to other shops, but only because the other shops have vanity sized. You should only have to size up once from what you measure as in some items.

If you're an 8 and you had to buy 18 jeans, guess what, you're not an 8.
That's not really true of primark I always take two pairs of the same size jeans in to try as there can be up to an inch difference in the waist band. It's because they're all laser cut. I do agree a lot of shops do vanity size though.

I like to poach an egg in my tomato soup. Try it before you come for me 😋.

Reactions: 2
That's not really true of primark I always take two pairs of the same size jeans in to try as there can be up to an inch difference in the waist band. It's because they're all laser cut. I do agree a lot of shops do vanity size though.

I like to poach an egg in my tomato soup. Try it before you come for me 😋.
I've never had a problem I just size up once for jeans. I never even try stuff on. But when ever I see people post on the Primark FB group it's always people complaining because they fit smaller skinny jeans than the mom jeans (it's called stretch), or they couldn't get into a size 8 swimsuit when they clearly have massive size G boobs. Or they had to buy an 18 in the shorts when they are normally a 6. They come up small but not that small.

Reactions: 1
I've never had a problem I just size up once for jeans. I never even try stuff on. But when ever I see people post on the Primark FB group it's always people complaining because they fit smaller skinny jeans than the mom jeans (it's called stretch), or they couldn't get into a size 8 swimsuit when they clearly have massive size G boobs. Or they had to buy an 18 in the shorts when they are normally a 6. They come up small but not that small.
I’ve actually had the opposite with primark clothes, sometimes I find actually find them to be too big and have had to buy a smaller size. I think the sizing can be wildly off on certain items, but not always in that they make them too small

Reactions: 4
For me, it's the fact sizes are so wildly different - sometimes within shops themselves - but mostly across shops. Primark are almost always smaller than most, Fat Face is almost always the opposite - their clothes drown you.

I've got two t-shirts from M&S that are the exact same size and fit (the only difference is colour) yet one is definitely smaller than the other. Not much quality control going on in most clothes production it seems!

I’ve actually had the opposite with primark clothes, sometimes I find actually find them to be too big and have had to buy a smaller size. I think the sizing can be wildly off on certain items, but not always in that they make them too small
I find their hoodies and casual shirts on the small side, but their t-shirts tend to be oversized. It's a bit of a lottery.

Possibly UO - Easter is NOT the new Christmas! What happened to just a few Easter eggs, all over social media I’m seeing people buy kids bikes & other extravagant gifts for Easter. Like wtf?!? This year my boys got eggs & some clothes (oldest got some eggs & my sis in law bought him some new T-shirts from matalan or something as she knew he would have enough chocolate & my baby wasn’t even 1 so he got a few wee baby outfits as too young for choc - that’s more than enough)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Possibly UO - Easter is NOT the new Christmas! What happened to just a few Easter eggs, all over social media I’m seeing people buy kids bikes & other extravagant gifts for Easter. Like wtf?!? This year my boys got eggs & some clothes (oldest got some eggs & my sis in law bought him some new T-shirts from matalan or something as she knew he would have enough chocolate & my baby wasn’t even 1 so he got a few wee baby outfits as too young for choc - that’s more than enough)
People rip the piss out of every holiday these days. A couple of chocolate eggs and maybe a fiver for Easter if we were lucky. It’s down to social media and people trying to outdo each other, making everything grander and more expensive. And of course the shops are going to get involved selling all that tat because they know people will buy it. It’s sickening.

Reactions: 16
It is digital media oneupmanship. Gotta be bigger, better and more expensive than the next person. My poor kids get one egg and some Bible scripture.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
People rip the piss out of every holiday these days. A couple of chocolate eggs and maybe a fiver for Easter if we were lucky. It’s down to social media and people trying to outdo each other, making everything grander and more expensive. And of course the shops are going to get involved selling all that tat because they know people will buy it. It’s sickening.
The Facebook and Insta crowd do it, but I'm not sure how many others do. Easter is the same for me as it's always been: a few chocolate eggs and usually spending either Easter Sunday or Monday with family.

It is digital media oneupmanship. Gotta be bigger, better and more expensive than the next person. My poor kids get one egg and some Bible scripture.
What did they do to deserve the Bible scripture? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And even on kids birthdays and Christmas, they post photos of mountains of presents piled up! It’s absolutely ridiculous!
When we were younger me and my brothers would get one main present for Christmas and then a couple presents in a stocking didn’t do us any harm!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.