Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO: Being a ‘full time mummy’ isn’t a job, just say you don’t work, which there is nothing wrong with. People who work 40 hour weeks are still full time parents, and don’t have it any easier because they spent their days at work 🤷🏻‍♀️ having a full time job and still having all parenting and household responsibilities is hard.

I’m also speaking about the type who have it listed as their job on Facebook 👀
im a stay at home mum and never in my wildest dreams would I list my job as full time yummy mummy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We didn't eat meat on Good Friday either - we always got fish and chips!

We also went to mass on Easter Sunday - or went to the vigil on the Saturday evening with the candles.

It's funny because my parents were quite staunch Catholics in some way - with following the traditions and always going to mass every week - but we never really discussed religion in the home. I think we got the balance right - as we observed religion but didn't go OTT about it.
My parents were the same though mum was the driving force were religion was concerned but she wasn't fanatical.
The funniest thing I remember was Dad and I getting The Life Of Brian out on video and Mum sitting in the kitchen because she refused to watch it. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
UO: Being a ‘full time mummy’ isn’t a job, just say you don’t work, which there is nothing wrong with. People who work 40 hour weeks are still full time parents, and don’t have it any easier because they spent their days at work 🤷🏻‍♀️ having a full time job and still having all parenting and household responsibilities is hard.

I’m also speaking about the type who have it listed as their job on Facebook 👀
Yes to this!!!! There’s loads of them on my Facebook from school 🙈🙈🙈

Reactions: 4
Ugh as if you aren’t giving 100% as a mum because you’ve got a job. I’d love to stay at home with my daughter. We couldn’t afford it

Reactions: 12
The stay at home mum conversation made me think about that bitchy mum on Motherland.

I forget the exact quote but it was something like: "I don't know how you do it, going to work and being a mother. I'd just feel so guilty".

The classic 'starts like a compliment and ends as an insult' joke.

Reactions: 9
The stay at home mum conversation made me think about that bitchy mum on Motherland.

I forget the exact quote but it was something like: "I don't know how you do it, going to work and being a mother. I'd just feel so guilty".

The classic 'starts like a compliment and ends as an insult' joke.
😂😂
BB7FDE39-91B6-4C55-8F33-654830E46FA6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
UO - rabid fandoms and Stan culture is the very worst, nothing puts me off an artist or celeb faster than when they allow it to go unchecked for the sake of continued sales or popularity. Yes you Harry, definitely bleeping you.

Reactions: 12
UO - rabid fandoms and Stan culture is the very worst, nothing puts me off an artist or celeb faster than when they allow it to go unchecked for the sake of continued sales or popularity. Yes you Harry, definitely bleeping you.
Same with Kpop fans. My sister’s absolutely obsessed with all these Korean bands it concerns me sometimes. She posted this on Instagram recently because one of the members is ill.
7A5451B4-D851-4BA7-8427-03919FB86FF5.jpeg
It’s crazy how obsessed people get with these celebrities, saying they saved them because they wrote a song they related too and spend every spare penny on mercy for them. Kpop bands are literally manufactured to sell merch. Every time a new album comes out that is easily streamable people rush to buy them on CD because they come with photo cards and some posters, which usually comes to £20-30. When I was younger I’d just cut out posters from magazines or print out pictures but it all has to be official merch that is ridiculously overpriced and none will care about in a few years.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Same with Kpop fans. My sister’s absolutely obsessed with all these Korean bands it concerns me sometimes. She posted this on Instagram recently because one of the members is ill. View attachment 1529617 It’s crazy how obsessed people get with these celebrities, saying they saved them because they wrote a song they related too and spend every spare penny on mercy for them. Kpop bands are literally manufactured to sell merch. Every time a new album comes out that is easily streamable people rush to buy them on CD because they come with photo cards and some posters, which usually comes to £20-30. When I was younger I’d just cut out posters from magazines or print out pictures but it all has to be official merch that is ridiculously overpriced and none will care about in a few years.
Oh god, I cringe. These days they can YouTube how to make merch themselves.

Hen dos with matching t shirts, strippers and inflatable dicks make me want to dissolve myself in a vat of acid

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
The consumerism thing is interesting to me because it's really ramped up since all the technological advances such as the Internet, smart phones etc. Also, credit facilities.

It's like a modern version of the "conspicuous consumption" that happened after the Industrial Revolution. Except now you aren't just showing off your "wealth" to your literal neighbour or business associates - anyone in the world can see it.

Reactions: 7
Hen dos with matching t shirts, strippers and inflatable dicks make me want to dissolve myself in a vat of acid
While it was fun for the first few girlfriends who were married earlier than the rest of the group, it gets so tired and cringeworthy very quickly. The only time I'd find it tolerable is if the bride-to-be is someone who is very overtly sexual and loves to party. Otherwise it's just an unoriginal, impersonal theme. I'm glad that most people who I know having hens recently have toned down on the cliché stuff and personalized the "theme" around the bride's tastes and interests.

Reactions: 1
While it was fun for the first few girlfriends who were married earlier than the rest of the group, it gets so tired and cringeworthy very quickly. The only time I'd find it tolerable is if the bride-to-be is someone who is very overtly sexual and loves to party. Otherwise it's just an unoriginal, impersonal theme. I'm glad that most people who I know having hens recently have toned down on the cliché stuff and personalized the "theme" around the bride's tastes and interests.

But why does there have to be a theme? It's just so tacky 🤮

My nephew got married and on his stag do everyone dressed as Disney princesses ... it was not his idea I might add.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.