Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but it must have been so stressful to organise!?
Parenting is mega stressful. It's 24/7, 365 in a way that's impossible to understand until you do it. At least your (and my) parents didn't have to deal with fuckwits on the internet who have no idea what they're talking about having an opinion on how everything they're doing is wrong.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
people who have had children taken off of them should not be allowed to own pets unless theyve been deemed able to care for it by some qualified professional. a woman I know has lost both of her kids and she recently got a dog. she's absolutely bleeping useless. daft cow has already lost the dog several times, thinks it's funny to chase it around with the vacuum cleaner, and now wants it registered as an emotional support dog.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
people who have had children taken off of them should not be allowed to own pets unless theyve been deemed able to care for it by some qualified professional. a woman I know has lost both of her kids and she recently got a dog. she's absolutely bleeping useless. daft cow has already lost the dog several times, thinks it's funny to chase it around with the vacuum cleaner, and now wants it registered as an emotional support dog.
Also, the idea that social services are the devil separating parent and child. If such a situation did happen, something truly serious must have happened for them to take such drastic action, especially considering many children in the past few years who have ended up dead from abuse were monitored by social services yet were never taken away from their so called “parents”. Even though such abuse was already noted and being investigated by SS

So believe me if social services took a kid(s) away there was something really bad happening and couldn’t be swept under the rug.

I’m not on social services side tbh, as many times they’re completely compliant and willing to turn a blind eye, but I also can understand they’re underfunded, understaffed and have far too many people to deal with. Like one social worker who is assigned to 20 families and needing to have full reports and constant check ups, has to be mind numbingly stressful and will take a toll on anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
OMG yes couldn’t be a social worker in a million years. I knew of one and the family she was checking up on found out where she lived and she got all sorts of threats and stuff posted through the door. She had to move 😤

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The term ‘girls’ and ‘women’ omitted from the NHS guidance on periods. Now refers to ‘people who bleed,’ wow this is getting insane. 🤦🏻‍♀️

People do not bleed. Women bleed.
People do not have periods. Women have periods.

That may be your ‘opinion’, but it’s medically inaccurate. Hence the language change to be more inclusive, recognising the myriad of people who have periods and women who don’t have periods. I had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, therefore I don’t bleed. Does that make me not a woman? No. But the inters3x child at my son’s school who does have periods, does that make them a woman? No.
Language changing to be more inclusive does not mean that it excludes others - it’s not pie. You don’t get less of something.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, therefore I don’t bleed. Does that make me not a woman?
No, but then again in this case it’s about periods and periods isn’t something you now have to worry about after a hysterectomy.

Language changing to be more inclusive does not mean that it excludes others
Referring to women as ‘bleeders’ or ‘people who bleed’ is reducing them to their bodily functions. It’s bleeping insulting. The only people capable of having periods are women and intersex people are fed up of being a ‘gotcha’ for those trying to erase the lived experiences of women.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I just hate how language gets changed for women but not for men. feels very insulting and like i'm reduced only to the biological processes of my body.

I respect peoples pronouns and whatever they want to be identified as within reason, but introducing pronouns every single time you meet someone should not become a normal way of life. I've actually met quite a few transgender people in my life and they're usually don't have a persecution fetish like many you see online, quite down to earth and understanding about the confusion people have and don't make being transgender their entire personality. I could just be lucky though who knows.

Reactions: 23
We save water in a blue plastic gutter tub , and the plastic washing up bowl water gets slung over our plants as well. We leave the shrubs as they can go a few weeks without rain
I literally have 100s of baskets and pots I am also disabled and no way would I be physically capable of lifting up a watering can to water a basket.

Also lets face it, this will once again only affect the peasants because no way will the wealthy and those setting the rules be letting their gardens go un-watered they will do as they please and once again people will let them and even police it for them.

Reactions: 6
That may be your ‘opinion’, but it’s medically inaccurate. Hence the language change to be more inclusive, recognising the myriad of people who have periods and women who don’t have periods. I had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, therefore I don’t bleed. Does that make me not a woman? No. But the inters3x child at my son’s school who does have periods, does that make them a woman? No.
Language changing to be more inclusive does not mean that it excludes others - it’s not pie. You don’t get less of something.
Give over! Only women can have hysterectomies. Therefore anyone who has had one is still a woman. Likewise a woman who has gone through the menopause who doesn’t bleed is still a woman. They don’t become a man

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I just hate how language gets changed for women but not for men. feels very insulting and like i'm reduced only to the biological processes of my body.

I respect peoples pronouns and whatever they want to be identified as within reason, but introducing pronouns every single time you meet someone should not become a normal way of life. I've actually met quite a few transgender people in my life and they're usually don't have a persecution fetish like many you see online, quite down to earth and understanding about the confusion people have and don't make being transgender their entire personality. I could just be lucky though who knows.
I was going to say we should start calling men Ejaculators and see how they like it, but they'd probably love it the grotty bastards :rolleyes: :LOL:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Its very OK to criticise a national institution like the NHS if its failed you. So fed up with people blocking you from talking about your experience and only letting positive experiences sit. That's the very reason its allowed to be run into the ground because everyone is defending and protecting it rather than demanding things change.

Reactions: 20

It's dehumanising and trying to erase women. Shame on anyone who supports this bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
If you’re an actual born female and you support any of the nonsense that helps erase your sex then I have no time you.

you can be inclusive of ‘others’ without trying to erase women.

no matter how much they try to shove it down our throats that penis havers can be female if they choose to be, i refuse to pander to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Yes, let's stop asking 'can a man have a cervix' and ask 'can a man have a vagina?' It's basic biology and enough of all this.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
But changing the language has excluded others, it's excluded women. Being a woman is part of my Identity and I feel dehumanised and unaccounted for by people refered to me as a "person that bleeds"

I've said this several times before, but, why can't the language be woman and others that have periods. Or woman and others that ovulate. Woman and other that get pregnant. Then we're all included.

I can't believe a woman would think refering to periods as obtaining to woman whould actually think that insinutaes post menopausal woman aren't women. That's not been a problem since the beginning of womankind so not sure why it would suddenly be a problem now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Unless you are eloping then weddings abroad are selfish when you’re expecting family and friends to pay all that money just for your wedding!! I know if I ever said that I wanted to do that, my family and most of my friends couldn’t afford it. I know they’d be gutted and so would I that they couldn’t come.

I’d rather have everyone there who I care about than some fancy beach wedding

Reactions: 19
Also, the idea that social services are the devil separating parent and child. If such a situation did happen, something truly serious must have happened for them to take such drastic action, especially considering many children in the past few years who have ended up dead from abuse were monitored by social services yet were never taken away from their so called “parents”. Even though such abuse was already noted and being investigated by SS

So believe me if social services took a kid(s) away there was something really bad happening and couldn’t be swept under the rug.

I’m not on social services side tbh, as many times they’re completely compliant and willing to turn a blind eye, but I also can understand they’re underfunded, understaffed and have far too many people to deal with. Like one social worker who is assigned to 20 families and needing to have full reports and constant check ups, has to be mind numbingly stressful and will take a toll on anyone.
I work part time in that sector (on the admin side). At least one and sometimes two social workers are leaving on a weekly basis. Long term care is harder as it indicates ongoing family issues that they're not in a position to fix

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don't understand this whole issue parents have with entertaining their kids during school holidays, complaining kids get bored, complaining about the number of paid activities they're doing with their kids. When I was a child, kids just played outside together or entertained themselves at home, is that not a thing anymore? Maybe unpopular opinion but I don't think people should be spending tons of money so their precious children are not bored during holidays. They should teach their children how to entertain themselves
Totally agree. Infact, boredom is GOOD for kids, it encourages creativity. When I think back to my childhood the most fun I had was after I was bored, it forces kids to use their imagination and make up the most amazing games with friends or their own.

I cant imagine how I would have turned out if I was whisked off somewhere or bought a new toy every time I complained of boredom, I'd probably be really entitled expecting every whim to be taken care of by others and spending loads of money of stuff I don't need

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.