Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO. I am in no way a prude but I really don't get this whole culture of talking openly about wanking or having sex or what you're doing with your partner or showing your sex toys off on social media. But it seems to be popular.

Reactions: 26
UO. I am in no way a prude but I really don't get this whole culture of talking openly about wanking or having sex or what you're doing with your partner or showing your sex toys off on social media. But it seems to be popular.
It’s the ones who get paid to promote the sex toys gets me the most. They say it’s “self care”. Take yourself off to duck I don’t care what you do in the bedroom but please stop advertising it 🤮

Reactions: 15
Who are you watching?!

Reactions: 1
Who are you watching?!
it started out with just lauren Ashley Gordon who had a normal account but turned into a massive dildo selling account.
Anna the long mum
Rowan and cubs
Sammi Maria

loads of accounts I used to follow who started promoting and constantly going on about wanking. Just a few I can remember.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
To me, conserving water is basically not wasting it. I don't think any sane person would deliberately waste water, so I'd say you're OK. :D
Apparently watering plants is out 🤷‍♀️
Only if you comply though ;)
I'd say plant watering isn't wasting water but that matters not, the public don't get to choose. Yet again rules, rules and more crappy rules :sleep:

Reactions: 5
I'd say plant watering isn't wasting water but that matters not, the public don't get to choose. Yet again rules, rules and more crappy rules :sleep:
I'd also argue that filling up a paddeling pool for the kids during a heat wave is essential and not a waste of water.

Reactions: 12
They cant say on the one hand not to water the plants and on the other wildlife is dying due to not enough people growing old type plants. people concreting over gardens , famers selling land to developers if I don't water my garden everything will die, my garden is like insect haven .. its like paradise to sit and watch the bees, dragonflies and butterflies

My showers are short, I never brush my teeth under running water. I never water my grass etc and so on. But if there is a hose pipe ban I will do it early morning when I get up around 4ish .. Next door would report me ..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Watering them at all? Or just with a hosepipe or sprinkler?

I'd also argue that filling up a paddeling pool for the kids during a heat wave is essential and not a waste of water.
That's not essential. If it was, then everyone who had kids would have a paddling pool.

Reactions: 3
Apart from there being little to no rain and everything looking dry like the Sahara desert, I am loving these warm summer days. ☀🌅

Dreading the winter, the cold, the shorter days and the miserable sky. 🌨❄

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They cant say on the one hand not to water the plants and on the other wildlife is dying due to not enough people growing old type plants. people concreting over gardens , famers selling land to developers if I don't water my garden everything will die, my garden is like insect haven .. its like paradise to sit and watch the bees, dragonflies and butterflies

My showers are short, I never brush my teeth under running water. I never water my grass etc and so on. But if there is a hose pipe ban I will do it early morning when I get up around 4ish .. Next door would report me ..
It really is ludicrous. They done a hosepipe ban here (Northern Ireland) a few years ago and it turned out they didn’t actually have the authority to! Not sure if the legislation ever changed - probs not as we haven’t had a functioning government for much of the past load of years but that’s another story for another day 😂

We save water in a blue plastic gutter tub , and the plastic washing up bowl water gets slung over our plants as well. We leave the shrubs as they can go a few weeks without rain

Reactions: 2
We save water in a blue plastic gutter tub , and the plastic washing up bowl water gets slung over our plants as well. We leave the shrubs as they can go a few weeks without rain
I live in Scotland- we have plenty of rain to be thankful for.

I don't understand this whole issue parents have with entertaining their kids during school holidays, complaining kids get bored, complaining about the number of paid activities they're doing with their kids. When I was a child, kids just played outside together or entertained themselves at home, is that not a thing anymore? Maybe unpopular opinion but I don't think people should be spending tons of money so their precious children are not bored during holidays. They should teach their children how to entertain themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I don't understand this whole issue parents have with entertaining their kids during school holidays, complaining kids get bored, complaining about the number of paid activities they're doing with their kids. When I was a child, kids just played outside together or entertained themselves at home, is that not a thing anymore? Maybe unpopular opinion but I don't think people should be spending tons of money so their precious children are not bored during holidays. They should teach their children how to entertain themselves
Of course children just play outdoors. My kids entertain themselves when at home, but gain so much from the camps and activities they do, not because they are bored and can't entertain themselves but because football camp/Chinese school/knitting with the elderly or whatever they do is stimulating and fun, they are better kids for having activities alongside time at home.

My middle child is feral and wild and puts baby birds in his pockets, adopts baby pigs and bring shrews home as pets so I'd rather spend money on a camp than risk my house becoming the next location for a David Attenborough documentary.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Of course children just play outdoors. My kids entertain themselves when at home, but gain so much from the camps and activities they do, not because they are bored and can't entertain themselves but because football camp/Chinese school/knitting with the elderly or whatever they do is stimulating and fun, they are better kids for having activities alongside time at home.

My middle child is feral and wild and puts baby birds in his pockets, adopts baby pigs and bring shrews home as pets so I'd rather spend money on a camp than risk my house becoming the next location for a David Attenborough documentary.
Yep that's fair but I was particularly talking about parents that dread school holidays cause they'll have to entertain kids again and it all seems like such a huge thing. Just don't remember it being like that when I was a child, I don't remember doing many paid activities ever but maybe UK has always been like that.

I love the rain. 😀 lying in bed with it hammering down 😍
I always wonder if people who say they like rain like it all the time or only when sitting at home 😅 or do you also love it if you need to go somewhere

Yes correct. I don’t know why we call them peas either we just do 🤷🏽‍♀️

Now the things I'm going on about are definitely peas. Whenever I get chicken fried rice I ask for no peas because they are the little green round things. I don't mind red kidney beans and whenever I have seen peas in rice, it is definitely a pea pea and not a bean pea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.