Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said this before, but when I ask for a "Diet Coke" in a restaurant/pub I just mean it generically. So when they ask: "is Diet Pepsi OK?" I'm fine with it.

In fact, I think Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi all taste the same. All are fine with me!
One issue is Diet Coke is vegan, diet Pepsi isn’t so can affect people with dietary preferences/requirements.

Every Pepsi based drink is also foul

Reactions: 2
My Sindy defo wasn’t goody two shoes, she used to go out with a different action man every week as I’d stolen my brothers toys

Can’t work out if you’re being deliberately controversial or you’re just a dick. It’s an advertisement not a health campaign and models aren’t supposed to anything other than a means to sell stuff.
I never said anything about health. Clothes (especially swimming costumes) look better on slim people. Leg or no leg that costume looks awful on her, it's ill fitting and she's spilling out of it.
I can't see a slim or big person buying that costume based in her modelling. So it's not a very good advert.

There are plus size models that look good in clothes, but that woman is not one of them.

As I said if people wanna be fat, then crack on. But the vast majority of the population find it unattractive, most bigger people want to be slimmer. I don't know why we have to pander to people and say how beautiful they are when in most people's eyes, it's not.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Lucozade orange has changed so much 😩 creme eggs also don’t taste as good as they used to, can’t fire out why though

Reactions: 5
I can't see a slim or big person buying that costume based in her modelling. So it's not a very good advert.
Given the opinions you’ve voiced before it’s obvious you wouldn’t see someone buying the costume. Doesn’t mean everyone else cares as much as you though

Anyway, Pepsi is better than Coke. Whatever happened after sugar tax made the Diet version of Coke taste like fizzy cardboard at best. Pepsi has at least retained some of its taste

I also really don’t understand how Diet drinks were affected. They all had no, or very little, sugar to begin with. I’m guessing that the sugar versions tasted so horrible that they had to make the diet ones taste worse to elevate the sugar ones?

Reactions: 3
Lucozade orange has changed so much 😩 creme eggs also don’t taste as good as they used to, can’t fire out why though
I think since Kraft/Mondelez took over Cadburies the chocolate has gone weird, it gets claggy in your throat and no longer as smooth as it used to be when I was a child. I think there’s more palm oil than milk in it now. Also, the fondant bit of the creme eggs seems more gritty than I remember? I swear it used to be smoother and more runny. I hardly buy the Cadbury stuff now :(. They ruined it.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I never said anything about health. Clothes (especially swimming costumes) look better on slim people. Leg or no leg that costume looks awful on her, it's ill fitting and she's spilling out of it.

There are plus size models that look good in clothes, but that woman is not one of them.

As I said if people wanna be fat, then crack on. But the vast majority of the population find it unattractive, most bigger people want to be slimmer. I don't know why we have to pander to people and say how beautiful they are when in most people's eyes, it's not.
Have you ever considered that maybe the ad is just not aimed at you? Maybe you could send through your peer reviewed studies that back up all your opinions which aren’t backed up by comments on this page. I know it’s an unpopular opinions thread but sometimes I despair. For reference by the way, I’ve never been bigger than a UK size 10 (not sure what you define as slim so maybe you don’t think I am) but have no problem with seeing people of all shapes and sizes (and obviously disabilities) as that’s just part of life. If nobody buys based on this ad then they’ll try something new, it’s really not that deep.

Reactions: 8
Given the opinions you’ve voiced before it’s obvious you wouldn’t see someone buying the costume. Doesn’t mean everyone else cares as much as you though

Anyway, Pepsi is better than Coke. Whatever happened after sugar tax made the Diet version of Coke taste like fizzy cardboard at best. Pepsi has at least retained some of its taste

I also really don’t understand how Diet drinks were affected. They all had no, or very little, sugar to begin with. I’m guessing that the sugar versions tasted so horrible that they had to make the diet ones taste worse to elevate the sugar ones?
I didn't bring it back up, I was replying to someone else that did. I don't care particularly. But obviously touched a few nerves the amount my post has been re commented.

For the life of me, I will never understand how Coke, Pepsi, and especially Dr Pepper managed to become so popular, to the extent that people cannot live without them.
I can't believe that people go to restaurants and drink Coke. Why would you spend money on a nice meal, only to wash it down with a huge glass of brown, fizzy, sugar-flavoured water? Vile! 🤮🤮🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For the life of me, I will never understand how Coke, Pepsi, and especially Dr Pepper managed to become so popular, to the extent that people cannot live without them.
I can't believe that people go to restaurants and drink Coke. Why would you spend money on a nice meal, only to wash it down with a huge glass of brown, fizzy, sugar-flavoured water? Vile! 🤮🤮🤮
cos it’s yummy

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What would you wash it down with instead?

What would you wash it down with instead?
Personally if I wanted a soft drink I'd rather have a nice glass of chilled water, was never much of a fan of coke (except sometimes as a mixer) but find the taste really icky these days and it overpowers anything else I'm having plus the fizz just makes me gassy.

Reactions: 3
I find having a cold fizzy drink really refreshing after a meal when I'm eating out, always pepsi though as I don't like coke. Not sure I'd call it vile 😂

I didn't bring it back up, I was replying to someone else that did. I don't care particularly. But obviously touched a few nerves the amount my post has been re commented.
At no point did I say you brought it back up? I just thought I’d give my opinion on the drinks debate

Also, sugar free Sprite used to be really nice before the sugar tax and now it’s just too fizzy - though the same has happened to normal Sprite. Maybe there’s a market for imported drinks that don’t taste like absolute trash

Reactions: 1
I find having a cold fizzy drink really refreshing after a meal when I'm eating out, always pepsi though as I don't like coke. Not sure I'd call it vile 😂
It's personal taste I guess, I find the taste of most fizzy drinks a bit vile but I don't really have a sweet tooth. Work with a guy who will drink about 10 cans of Pepsi Max a day and wonders why he's not in the best of health so there are extremes too!

I don’t like Fanta lemon but I’ve never tried the abroad version

Fanta fruit twist is the best Fanta and apple tango is one of the best fizzy drinks!!

I don’t like Fanta lemon but I’ve never tried the abroad version

Fanta fruit twist is the best Fanta and apple tango is one of the best fizzy drinks!!
Fanta always used to be a lot nicer in France than it did in the UK to the point it was actually nice but not had it there for about 20 years so maybe different now

I did say pepsi is better than coke so i love my cold fizzy soft drinks but never with a meal

With a meal.. real controversial here but sparkling water only 👌🏽 Don’t @ me. Sparkling water is the best!!!

• Heart
Dr pepper is minging I dunno how anyone can drink it!

My favs are
Cherry 7up
Fanta fruit twist
Pepsi max cherry
Lemon fanta
Tango dark berry
Tango berry peachy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.