Unpopular Opinions #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any so called comedian who has to resort to vulgarity to get a reaction from an audience, is not a proper comedian. Real comedians rely on their natural ability, to make people laugh.

Reactions: 9
About the Harry Potter thing. If you’re over the age of 30 and still a Harry Potter fanatic and calling people muggles and thinking you’re quirky for reciting a spell, you need to get a life!

Slytherin this, Hufflepuff that. Get a job!
Same for Disney. Grow up pleaseee

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
About the Harry Potter thing. If you’re over the age of 30 and still a Harry Potter fanatic and calling people muggles and thinking you’re quirky for reciting a spell, you need to get a life!

Slytherin this, Hufflepuff that. Get a job!
I’m a 27 year old with a job and I love Harry Potter 😂🫣

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ooooooo i feel there may be some during opinions about this! (I don’t have one. Haven’t read loads of what she’s said but I know she’s had offended many people)

I found it well boring after film 3 whatever it was called
She’s offended a small minority, not many people

Reactions: 8
JK Rowling didn't do anything wrong and it's tit that she gets hate (including death threats) from weirdos who can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

That said, she always comes across to me as pretty smug and sanctimonious. If I'd made billions from novels, I'd probably also be smug, so I get it, but there it is. 😂 I don't hate the Harry Potter books; I enjoyed them for what they were, but there are many better children's authors who don't get anywhere near the plaudits she has. So I suppose I feel like some of the smug attitude is unjustified.

Reactions: 6
UO: I actually like Harry Potter, filthy mudbloods 🙄 🐍

Too far, guys. Too far.
I like it too, don’t get me wrong. I read all the books and will give it a watch every now and then. But if someone is to make it their entire personality where everything they do or say relates back to Harry Potter, they need to get a seeing to by a psychiatrist to understand why they insert it into every aspect of their life! Also maybe go outside, touch some grass, feel the sun on their skin!

I’m a 27 year old with a job and I love Harry Potter 😂🫣
Get a second job then or a hobby! Take your mind off it!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Exactly. A tiny minority.
There are many people within that group (which was my original point)

I haven’t really got an opinion on it. I may go read what she’s said. Tbf if she has billions of £££££ she could shush and stay out of the limelight living a peaceful life. But no, she’s chosen violence lol

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I like it too, don’t get me wrong. I read all the books and will give it a watch every now and then. But if someone is to make it their entire personality where everything they do or say relates back to Harry Potter, they need to get a seeing to by a psychiatrist to understand why they insert it into every aspect of their life! Also maybe go outside, touch some grass, feel the sun on their skin!
Yeah I’m not quite that extreme with it but I am fond of it from my childhood. I can separate it from reality and I don’t go around waving a wand or tit like that.

I do however think a lot of people/adults who become so fixated on a franchise like this tend to be neurodivergent.

Reactions: 4
I think most people who join a fandom as an adult, are trying to escape from reality tbh.

Reactions: 7

I haven’t really got an opinion on it. I may go read what she’s said. Tbf if she has billions of £££££ she could shush and stay out of the limelight living a peaceful life. But no, she’s chosen violence lol
Hardly. She said men aren’t women which they aren’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

What by having some gender critical views? How very violent indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Transgender occurrence is generally found in less than 1% of the worldwide population

so a small amount of people

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.