Unpopular Opinions #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yorkshire puddings technically go with everything as they are pancakes cooked in the oven .

Reactions: 19
Ticket prices for gigs are so astronomically and expensive nowadays - if you’re a band and you’re charging £200 per a ticket then you’re a knob and it’s no longer about the music and fans.
I was actually considering going to see Rod Stewart for nostalgic reasons, until I priced it up. Tickets + travel + budget hotel = a week all inclusive somewhere hot and sunny. Sorry Rod, you’re confined to my memory drawer - besides which, I’ve heard his shows these days are more musical interludes and backing vocals than Rod himself.

Reactions: 6
It’s the promotions people in conjunction with venues that set the ticket prices rather than the artist.

I was pleasantly surprised last week when I bought Paolo Nutini tickets that they were only £45 with no booking fee.

Reactions: 6
It’s the promotions people in conjunction with venues that set the ticket prices rather than the artist.

I was pleasantly surprised last week when I bought Paolo Nutini tickets that they were only £45 with no booking fee.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Rod Stewart has zero input into ticket pricing, but going to see him (and other big names) is unaffordable for most ordinary people.

As for Harry Styles, whoever is responsible for setting the prices, needs to have a word with themselves.

Reactions: 11
I was actually considering going to see Rod Stewart for nostalgic reasons, until I priced it up. Tickets + travel + budget hotel = a week all inclusive somewhere hot and sunny. Sorry Rod, you’re confined to my memory drawer - besides which, I’ve heard his shows these days are more musical interludes and backing vocals than Rod himself.
this is exactly it. it isn’t just the tickets themselves, but the travel, parking, a hotel, meal and drinks etc. i think most people can’t justify the cost tbh - especially when you consider that you’re paying all that to stand in a cramped crowd of drunk people holding their phones up 🤣

i’ll just listen to it at home with a drink thanks!

Reactions: 14
this is exactly it. it isn’t just the tickets themselves, but the travel, parking, a hotel, meal and drinks etc. i think most people can’t justify the cost tbh - especially when you consider that you’re paying all that to stand in a cramped crowd of drunk people holding their phones up 🤣

i’ll just listen to it at home with a drink thanks!
I would rather go and see a local band live (now that live performances are back), than spend a small fortune to see someone mega-famous, and be one of many thousands in the crowd.

I wish they would ban phones at these events, it totally ruins it. Who wants to see a blurred, wobbly version of Rod singing Maggie May on their phone screen? Don't anyone DARE say Rod Stewart is a bit blurred and wobbly in the flesh these days :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I would rather go and see a local band live (now that live performances are back), than spend a small fortune to see someone mega-famous, and be one of many thousands in the crowd.
I feel the same about comedians. A comedian who has hit the big time and filling large venues is generally not as funny as one touring all the small comedy clubs. When they start appealing to the masses, they’ve lost their edge.

I’d rather support my local comedy club.

Reactions: 12

If thats right how can I see an artist for £30 but at the same venue it's £80 for another. Venues have their costs but the profit the artist decides to put on top is up to them.

Reactions: 1
Unpopular opinion.

The 69 position is incredibly overrated and I do not appreciate leg cramps and bad angles. 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Many years ago, me and old dear wanted to see Barry Manilow (no laughing at the back) so we toddled out to the SECC to visit the box office (that's also how long ago it was - they had an actual box office with people you could speak to)

We were a bit broke so asked for 2 cheap tickets - they offered us 2 seats at £25 each and no booking fee because we were paying cash.

The lassie clicked her keyboard and said that'll be £130 please!!! I said sorry, i thought they were £25 each. Oh sorry says she, I was trying to give you tickets for Lionel Richie - yes that's right, the same seats in the same venue were double the cost.

We saw Barry that year and he was brilliant. This year we can't afford to see him or Diana Ross. I costed Rod Stewart and it was £170 a ticket - so no Rod either. Think my days of big shows are over 😢😢😢

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Talking about the Jubilee celebrations, why is it acceptable to display the Union Jack once in a blue moon, yet for the rest of the time, most English people are afraid to display the flag?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I expressed the following opinion on another thread, and was advised that this thread was a more appropriate platform!
I went out for a pub lunch with my partner today, and asked for a roast chicken dinner. When the meal was delivered, amongst the trimmings was a Yorkshire pudding! Lets get this straight, Yorkshire puddings were traditionally served with roast beef. Why do they have to accompany every other meat these days? I detest the damn things, I ended up giving it to my partner who had ordered fish and chips!
Yorkshire Puds go with any hot meal that requires gravy ! Theyre too damn tasty to be limited to just a beef roast 😋

Reactions: 25
I expressed the following opinion on another thread, and was advised that this thread was a more appropriate platform!
I went out for a pub lunch with my partner today, and asked for a roast chicken dinner. When the meal was delivered, amongst the trimmings was a Yorkshire pudding! Lets get this straight, Yorkshire puddings were traditionally served with roast beef. Why do they have to accompany every other meat these days? I detest the damn things, I ended up giving it to my partner who had ordered fish and chips!
I'm with you! I don't like Yorkshire puddings either - I can't see what they've got to do with a roast dinner, they're like a chunk of greasy, chewy cake in the middle of your dinner. Don't see the point of them 🤷‍♀️

I don't eat meat so I'll swerve the beef/chicken debate 😀 But apart from that I'm with you ✊!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't like Yorkshire puddings but the rest of my family do so I always serve them with roast chicken and beef.

Reactions: 1
In Yorkshire, Yorkshire puddings are eaten with everything. The kids have them with jam for pudding. They are cheap filler to be added to meals. I don't know where this werid rule that they are only for beef comes from, probably a middle class southerner. But food doesn't have rules, you eat what's nice. We have Yorkshire's with smoked haddock and parcely sauce 😋.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.