Unpopular Opinions #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I expressed the following opinion on another thread, and was advised that this thread was a more appropriate platform!
I went out for a pub lunch with my partner today, and asked for a roast chicken dinner. When the meal was delivered, amongst the trimmings was a Yorkshire pudding! Lets get this straight, Yorkshire puddings were traditionally served with roast beef. Why do they have to accompany every other meat these days? I detest the damn things, I ended up giving it to my partner who had ordered fish and chips!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I expressed the following opinion on another thread, and was advised that this thread was a more appropriate platform!
I went out for a pub lunch with my partner today, and asked for a roast chicken dinner. When the meal was delivered, amongst the trimmings was a Yorkshire pudding! Lets get this straight, Yorkshire puddings were traditionally served with roast beef. Why do they have to accompany every other meat these days? I detest the damn things, I ended up giving it to my partner who had ordered fish and chips!
Omg , turning away a Yorkshire pudding 😰🤣😛🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I had this dilemma today. I cooked a roast. A chicken roast. One child will only eat yorkshires and potatoes with gravy in a separate bowl. It all felt very wrong but we all had Yorkshires. Worse I added some stuffing that was nearing it's best before. I basically combined three different roast meals in one but without the variety of meat. Terribly sorry 😁😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
But they're bland and flavourless :ROFLMAO: they will literally go with anything! Although, I did see one of my friends post on Facebook a CHEESE yorkshire pudding with gravy :sick: that is taking things too far

• Sick
Reactions: 5
But they're bland and flavourless :ROFLMAO: they will literally go with anything! Although, I did see one of my friends post on Facebook a CHEESE yorkshire pudding with gravy :sick: that is taking things too far
it’s not! Yum yum

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I paid a few hundred quid for front row tickets for George Michael about 15 years ago. Worth every penny.

I’d only do it for certain artists.

Anyone paying £90+ to see an ABBA light show is nuts.

Reactions: 6
A Yorkshire Pudding has much more place on any roast than it does fish and chips, tut!

Although I had a Yorkshire pudding today and it was quite deflated looking, and seemed to be trying to put itself out of its misery via the gravy. Soggy, sad lump that it was. Yorkshires must never be sopping with gravy. they must have a little crunch first, and hold only a small amount of gravy. 🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A Yorkshire Pudding has much more place on any roast than it does fish and chips, tut!

Although I had a Yorkshire pudding today and it was quite deflated looking, and seemed to be trying to put itself out of its misery via the gravy. Soggy, sad lump that it was. Yorkshires must never be sopping with gravy. they must have a little crunch first, and hold only a small amount of gravy. 🫡
And this very description, is why I detest Yorkshire puddings! :sick:

I was an adult before I realised that Yorkshire pudding was supposed to be with beef only. We had them with all the meats growing up. Bless my mum ❤

Reactions: 14
Isn't toad in the hole just a yorkshire pudding with a sausage embedded in it.

Reactions: 19
Isn't toad in the hole just a yorkshire pudding with a sausage embedded in it.
Yes... always wondered where the toad in the hole name come from, is the sausages meant to be the toad legs poking out the hole? 🧐

• Haha
Yes... always wondered where the toad in the hole name come from, is the sausages meant to be the toad legs poking out the hole? 🧐
I’ve no idea! I thought the sausage was meant to represent the toad 🐸
I just looked it up
B3E4D95C-355B-4B05-8C49-6F8318089974.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Toads creep me out, there’s one that gives birth to her offspring right out of holes in her back. Eww.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
still promoting them as “island retreats” is he? 🤢

it does depend on the show, like you say. i would be expecting to pay £150 for a band like bts based on how big they are and the type of venues they play. some of harry styles’ ticket prices are insane though.

theatre tickets are going the same way. even a seat up in the grand circle is £60 at least, and you’re easily into triple figures if you want centre stalls.
Not 100% sure if the island stuff is still available at the moment post covid.

I used to like him as an actor until i watched a video about him having a cult. He just gave off creepy vibes, flirting and touching female interviewers.

Reactions: 4
I was an adult before I realised that Yorkshire pudding was supposed to be with beef only. We had them with all the meats growing up. Bless my mum ❤

I have been cooking roasts for over 50 years and always did a Yorkshire with it no matter what meat

Toad in the hole was invented not long after the Yorkshire pudding as a way to make meat go further and be filling in lean times. Any meat was used for the toad so can't actually see why only beef should be served with Yorkshires.

But people are very odd when it comes to traditions

Reactions: 12
The joy of finding a lil whisker on your chin, playing with it all day then getting the tweezers on it as soon as home.
This is one of the simple pleasures in life as you get older 😂 😂

The only downside is now that I'm 50, the whiskers are turning white, and are bloody impossible to see even with a magnifying mirror and my glasses on, so I have to go by touch!

I hate university branded T- shirts eg Harvard and co in Primark. UCLA in urban outfitters.

I never bought from the two I attended. My brother got the running shirt, the hoodie and a tote (free) bag.

They should only be worn at home too.
Completely agree with this - it's the modern version of tourists coming to the UK 20 years ago and buying clothes with Oxford/ Cambridge University on!

When I was at uni I never even bought the college scarf, partly because it was £20 (which was 2 nights out drinking - priorities 😂😂 ) and also because it just made me feel a bit cringy, and I definitely couldn't have worn it in my home town!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I like most food but can't even look at toad in a hole, it's something about how it looks, more like turd in a hole 😞
What’s it called when you mention a random thing or person and they suddenly appear , it happens to me quite often 😂
0686EB9A-D1A6-4600-8E98-B035D720C957.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.