Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugly people do get jobs. In my workplace there are some odd looking bods.

Reactions: 21
UO: It’s A Sin was badly acted rubbish and it really, really didn’t capture the 80s, like people made out it did.

Reactions: 14
Can I ask how Kydia became experienced in many fields and sectors while simultaneously spending most of her life unemployed

Reactions: 16
Can I ask how Kydia became experienced in many fields and sectors while simultaneously spending most of her life unemployed
on and off temp jobs and perm jobs.. worked in both public and private sector, charities. retail, HR. legal. construction, recruitment,property services, care sector

Admin covers a wide area..and temp jobs are effectively unemployed as the longest they have ever lasted is a yr

she's in her mid 50s... so there's a lot of years to cover

Reactions: 2

It would not just be about attractiveness ( you say she has seen many people a lot less abstractive than her hooked up) it will be personality and confidence as well that would be factors,

Reactions: 6
Someone saying they can't get on in life because they are too ugly is like someone saying they can't get on in life because they are too good looking.

It's an excuse. Looks aren't as important as people think. Look at politicians, successful people, not a looker in the bunch.

Looks can be a factor, but it is never the only reason.

Reactions: 16
UO: The misusage/ overusage of compliments like "gorgeous/stunning" to describe something or someone who is average or slightly above average looking. Not everyone is beautiful (I'm only referring to outward appearances), and that is perfectly fine.
Compliments are a double-edged sword though, as it means you usually look like shit to them and on this one occasion you have stunned them by scrubbing up well it's better to be admired without compliments, that means you look good as usual and they don't need to point it out as it's obvious

Reactions: 7
politicians have connection. there is no excuse being claimed here.. she has plenty of time to think and consider all the factors.. also didnt say cant get on in life.. said finds it harder to find work..

Reactions: 2
UO- I hate seeing snotty/dirty kids faces all over social media. No one gives a shit your kid ate beans on toast ffs clean their faces!

Reactions: 22
I recently changed my hair from a very usual colour to one similar to my natural shade, I haven't had a natural shade for years and haven't had my natural shade since I was a kid.

People were overly complementary, to the point I was like yeah I get it, you think I've looked like a twatt for the last 20 years.

Reactions: 20
She's in her mid fifties and you mentioned in a previous post that younger less experienced people have been offered the jobs she goes for. That's ageism.

Reactions: 3
Sometimes people are just shit at interviewing. I am plus I am ugly but I still got a very good job.
something tells me Kydia is more of a Lydiot

We have a Lydiot working for us but she thinks she’s a Kydia, experienced and good at her job. She’s not. She’s a Lydiot

Reactions: 12
I've never loved him, I'm pretty indifferent towards him.. but I also think he's not very attractive and that is probably an UO.

Is this unpopular? Tbf I don’t follow the story as it’s hard to keep up - but I thought everyone loved him and no one wanted him cancelled.
I hope this is the case. I will gladly not have an UO. I haven't been following all the ins and outs but what a toxic mess! I've popped into the thread a couple of times but that's it.

I just think the difference between JD and someone like Mel Gibson is that MG has displayed a pattern of behaviour spanning several years. Never heard anything but good stuff about JP until this nightmare.

Reactions: 7
Guys who cannot get anyone to date them and blame women for liking "bad guys" need to move out of their mother's basement, get a job and then we can talk

Reactions: 18
UO: It’s A Sin was badly acted rubbish and it really, really didn’t capture the 80s, like people made out it did.
I thought it was good that it shone a light on the AIDS crisis as a lot of it is swept under the carpet, even today.

I’m indifferent about him like the poster above said, because I don’t like anyone. But even with my lack of knowledge I’m team johnny depp and I loved Milanis tick tok .

to not disrupt the thread I’ll give an UO too.Adding milk to your spag Bol is top tier and try it if you don’t believe me (full fat milk or double cream, 100ml half hour before the end of cooking)

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.