Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have zero skin care routine. I wash obviously but I don’t use creams and stuff regularly, maybe a face mask very occasionally if the mood strikes me. Whilst I’m not much of a looker my skin is pretty good as it is, i still get comments on how I look younger than my age so I take that as a win. I think a lot of it comes down to genetics, I’ve always had a bit of a baby face. Some skin types will need more care if it’s especially dry or what ever. Glad I don’t have to bother much with mine though, I find the whole beauty routine thing incredibly boring. I don’t even bother with make up. Would much rather be doing pretty much anything else.

I find it mind boggling how many different skincare products there are. Anti ageing products are the ones I truly don’t understand, they’re always aimed at women. What’s wrong with getting older? Why is it only women who should disguise it? It happens to us all, no matter how many fancy lotions and potions you use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
This may be an unpopluar opinion - But i hate all this fake eyelash nails and the waddinging of makeup some girls have - whats wrong with natural beauty?

Reactions: 31
- Nando’s is overrated
- if you have a dog, then your house/car smells
- I don’t agree with tipping or “discretionary service charges”
- all alcohol is disgusting
- online dating is weird

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This may be an unpopluar opinion - But i hate all this fake eyelash nails and the waddinging of makeup some girls have - whats wrong with natural beauty?
Agree. I hate the feeling of heavy make up on my face - feels like my face would crack if I smile too hard. I have no idea how these women do with wearing so many layers of products. I have had false eyelashes before and in my experience, no matter what your beauty therapist tells you about safely removing etc, they still damage your lash line. I haven't had false ones in years now and my lashes look the best they've ever been.

Reactions: 13
Energy prices are rocketing, prices of food and fuel are going up on a daily basis. NI contributions have been increased by the government and hundreds of thousands are falling into fuel and food poverty and what do our leaders do ?

The chancellor knocks 5p off fuel duty that is wiped out in 5 days of fuel price rises.

Yet we are giving tens of millions of pounds of arms to Ukraine (the govt has refused to say what arms or how much exactly but its said it could be hundredsof millions) with a pledge of even more and have said they expect no payment for them in cash or kind.

Sanctions are only going to push prices up here and make us even worse off.

By all means support Ukraine but I don't believe it should be limitless and at the expense of ruining my hard earned standard of living.

Unpopular I don't doubt this will be but is my opinion that those millions would be better spent here.

Supply them with arms but on credit or lend lease like the Americans did with us in WW2, not just give them away.
What is happening in this country right now is criminal. Elderly people choosing between eating and being warm really is just disgusting.

Thanks for all your service and contributions, this is how we repay you.

It doesn’t mean we have to compare it to Ukraine though, why not help and support both as both are disgusting? There’s enough money, maybe they should start taxing the rich instead of punishing the already poor.

Reactions: 8
I think make up is great, eye make up the more the better, lashing of lippy awesome.

But, save it for special occasions. You don't need a full face on every day - or in the gym!

I also hate the thick foundation trend with all the layers of contour and powders and highlighters. No one needs that much stuff on their skin. I don't like to wear any foundation, just a concealer and a cc cream is enough.

Reactions: 16
Me too, I use coal tar soap. I don't like to share my bar of soap with anyone else , though.

Bars of soap have had a bit of a surge in popularity due to plastic packaging being seen as so wasteful
I love coal tar!! The smell is *chefs kiss!* It doesn't like me though as I've got older and really dries my skin out, even on my hands 😭

I got rid of all liquid soaps ages ago to save packaging and went back to bars of soap for hand washing. The only time I buy a bottle is if someone really unwell so we're not all washing our hands in their germs, but luckily thats not very often at all.
It's saved me a fortune as well!

Reactions: 3
Even if you don't have pets , your house smells to other people
This is true, I’ve always noticed that most peoples homes I’ve been in have had a smell. Not always an unpleasant one, just depends on a lot of things.

Humans in general do stink, we all have our own natural aroma even when we use deodorant and stuff, so it’s not surprising the places we live smell too. As long as your house doesn’t smell of rotting flesh or something no one should care.

Reactions: 16
I think houses with babies (kids in nappys) can smell worse than houses with pets.

Its that nappy, discarded food, dirty washing and general child smell.

I think it's all comes down to how you live and clean.

Apparently Asians think English people's homes all smell like sour milk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This is true, I’ve always noticed that most peoples homes I’ve been in have had a smell. Not always an unpleasant one, just depends on a lot of things.

Humans in general do stink, we all have our own natural aroma even when we use deodorant and stuff, so it’s not surprising the places we live smell too. As long as your house doesn’t smell of rotting flesh or something no one should care.
In medieval times humans were apparently attracted to each other by how much we smelled - dont know how the historians know this tho

Reactions: 2
Have you seen girls with Russian lashes? Can barely blink!! I’m strangely obsessed though as if someone is talking to me with them on then I completely tune out of anything they are saying and just focus on their lashes. So. Many Questions. go through my head- why do you think this looks good? How much did you pay for those? How do you sleep in them? Why are they so long? Do you know that your lashes reach your own eyebrows?!

My brother cracked me up the other day- we were at a lake and this girl walked past with them on- he was like let’s go before she blinks and causes a bleeping tsunami! 🤪🤪🤪🤪
2E04F4DF-4D62-4DED-80EC-82845C396829.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
In medieval times humans were apparently attracted to each other by how much we smelled - dont know how the historians know this tho
I've heard that body odor wasn't as bad before modern soaps and deodorants. Apparently they mess with your skin bacteria and make you more smelly.

Also they didn't have sewers so everywhere probably stank of tit, disguising the smell of people.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I've heard that body odor wasn't as bad before modern soaps and deodorants. Apparently they mess with your skin bacteria and make you more smelly.

Also they didn't have sewers so everywhere probably stank of tit, disguising the smell of people.
And mostly importantly they all washed their hair daily 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 9
UO - some dogs are horrible, it's not the owner, it's the dog. I'm not anti-dog at all, some are lovely, I just think animals have their own personalities and needs the same as humans, and unfortunately some dogs are selfish and aggressive and would probably be in jail if they were a person.

Reactions: 12
- Nando’s is overrated
- if you have a dog, then your house/car smells
- I don’t agree with tipping or “discretionary service charges”
- all alcohol is disgusting
- online dating is weird
I agree with most of these, but not with the last one. So many people meet their partner online these days.

I think as long as you only make the initial contact online (e.g. via an app) and then move into the "real world" it's fine. Oh and meet in a public place for at least the first time. :D

Reactions: 5
UO - some dogs are horrible, it's not the owner, it's the dog. I'm not anti-dog at all, some are lovely, I just think animals have their own personalities and needs the same as humans, and unfortunately some dogs are selfish and aggressive and would probably be in jail if they were a person.
Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Bart has a pet elephant.

When it goes to the elephant rescue it's starts attacking the other elephants. Bart asked why and the keeper says "like people, some animals are just jerks"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Bart has a pet elephant.

When it goes to the elephant rescue it's starts attacking the other elephants. Bart asked why and the keeper says "like people, some animals are just jerks"
Yeah I remember that episode :ROFLMAO: it's true! It's kinda egotistical of us to believe we have total control over our animals and all they need is training to be good. Nope, they have their own individual mind too, and some are just jerks.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.