Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't care how often people shower/bathe/wash their clothes/hair as long they don't stink. 👃

Reactions: 24
Dog owners are worse than cat owners. I would be as rich as Rishi Sunak’s wife if I got a pound for every time a dog owner came up to me when I’ve been in the park with my young nieces and nephews and said ‘oh he doesn’t bite!’ ‘She’s really friendly’ after their dog has bounded up to us, off their leash and aggressively been barking and trying to jump on the children. My brother was playing with his son one day and a pitbull was off it’s leash and it ran up to my nephew and tried to jump on him and was snapping away. My brother was furious at the dog owner and they were just sauntering after the dog, calling out its name in a really pathetic way.
Eurgh.
The thing is I don’t hate dogs, I think they can be lovely. But the owners I’ve met are so entitled.
We had bushes outside the front of the house that considerable time has been spent to make it look pretty and neat. Every day dogs pissed in the bush and it killed off so much. My mum spoke to a few dog owners and asked them to stop and they laughed and said that if the dog needed to go, it needed to go. In the end we had to dig the bushes out because they were dying and we were fed up of the front of our house smelling like dog piss. A dog walker came by one day and asked my brother what happened to the bushes and got angry that we had removed them.
Argh! Thinking about it now makes me mad.
*eats a fig roll*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Dog owners are worse than cat owners. I would be as rich as Rishi Sunak’s wife if I got a pound for every time a dog owner came up to me when I’ve been in the park with my young nieces and nephews and said ‘oh he doesn’t bite!’ ‘She’s really friendly’ after their dog has bounded up to us, off their leash and aggressively been barking and trying to jump on the children. My brother was playing with his son one day and a pitbull was off it’s leash and it ran up to my nephew and tried to jump on him and was snapping away. My brother was furious at the dog owner and they were just sauntering after the dog, calling out its name in a really pathetic way.
Eurgh.
The thing is I don’t hate dogs, I think they can be lovely. But the owners I’ve met are so entitled.
We had bushes outside the front of the house that considerable time has been spent to make it look pretty and neat. Every day dogs pissed in the bush and it killed off so much. My mum spoke to a few dog owners and asked them to stop and they laughed and said that if the dog needed to go, it needed to go. In the end we had to dig the bushes out because they were dying and we were fed up of the front of our house smelling like dog piss. A dog walker came by one day and asked my brother what happened to the bushes and got angry that we had removed them.
Argh! Thinking about it now makes me mad.
*eats a fig roll*
I'm always wary of dogs. I was attacked by one when I was 7 years old. It was only supposed to be a 'harmless' Jack Russell. Pounced up onto me and grabbed on to my upper lip and shaked my head like I was a toy. The owner pulled the dog by its legs and it eventually released. My upper lip was ripped apart and I needed stitches...was left with a horrible scar.

Like you, I do like dogs but they can be territorial...very friendly towards their owner but aggressive towards anyone who approaches them.
It's one of the reasons why I don't have a pet. I would just be on edge.

I take dog owners word with a pinch of salt, but I can see why they love their pets and can imagine that they make wonderful companions.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yep I can't stand most dog owners. I'm supposed to smile and laugh off when a dog comes charging at me, wants to walk over my picnic, wants to say hello to me, I'm expected to move out the way on a pavement 🤬 off. And when the owner have the world's longest leads that cross over in everyone's way.

And it's bloody rude for dog owners let their pets piss up against people's drive ways/property/front garden
(Oh and I don't want a conversation with you carrying your little bag of steaming dog cacca).
@thegirlscout - perfect word "saunter" that's what the owners do to control little Roxie, Milo etc

I like dogs just not the entitled owners

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Celebs and their egos putting personal news in the public domain (christiano ronaldo) 😣
He should have just come out and actually helped other gay footballers. Never mind I'm sure he'll get some more mega bucks deals from this news somehow. I'm sure they're sad but I couldn't give a duck.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Celebs and their egos putting personal news in the public domain (christiano ronaldo) 😣
He should have just come out and actually helped other gay footballers. Never mind I'm sure he'll get some more mega bucks deals from this news somehow. I'm sure they're sad but I couldn't give a duck.
Wait what? Is this about his child dying? What does that have to do with coming out

Reactions: 13
i can’t say i agree with this one - he and his partner had announced that they were having twins, surely at some point people would have begun asking where the other baby was? what’s he meant to do?

i’m not sure what that has to do with him potentially being gay and i guess my unpopular opinion is that gay athletes shouldn’t be obligated to “help” other gay athletes. some of them may just want to continue living under the radar and not want to come out 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Sink washes are grimey.

Real bar soap is horrible

Expensive skin care routines are a bit ott but a good quality mosturiser and exfoliating are a must if you want nice skin.

Reactions: 7
Sink washes are grimey.

Expensive skin care routines are a bit ott but a good quality mosturiser and exfoliating are a must if you want nice skin.
I love bar soap, after years of not using it I've gone back and love it, but only the old fashioned bars as they still foam up and I feel much cleaner using them rather than shower gels etc.

I've never had a skin routine and my skin looks the same as others in their 60s who have had a routine all their life.

Agree with sink washes, they remind me when I was a kid.

Reactions: 4
Sink washes are grimey.

Nice skin is largely down to luck of the gene pool.

Obviously if you're going to cook yourself in the sun or smoke like a chimney it will take it's toll but generally I think it's what you're born with.

I've never had a skin routine as such. Just wash my face whilst in the shower (everyday 😁 ) and use a cheapish moisturiser. However, I have always had great skin. I'm in my 50's and not a line on my forehead or crows feet. My Mum was exactly the same. I don't put it down to my skin routine, I put it down to luck.

Reactions: 8
I love bar soap, after years of not using it I've gone back and love it, but only the old fashioned bars as they still foam up and I feel much cleaner using them rather than shower gels etc.

I've never had a skin routine and my skin looks the same as others in their 60s who have had a routine all their life.

Bar soap just makes my skin feel horrible. I tried to change to an all natural oatmeal bar soap and I coulndt stand it.

My gran would only let everyone in the house have a bath on a Sunday, every other day you had to wash in the sink with a flannel and cold water. They weren't even poor.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This is kinda contradictory. If he was gay and did come out, wouldn't that also be him putting personal news in the public domain??

can’t say i agree with this one - he and his partner had announced that they were having twins, surely at some point people would have begun asking where the other baby was? what’s he meant to do?
Agree with you here! Awful news. Even though I do not nor will never know him, I feel so bad for him and couldn't say I "don't give a duck" like the previous poster!

• Sad
Reactions: 15

I love bar soap too - I use Pears, the smell reminds me of my childhood and it foams up beautifully. I can't get on with shower gels, they all feel slimy to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sink washes are grimey.

I have to have a skin care routine and I do notice the difference if I miss a day.

It doesn't really take too much time, a quick wash in the morning followed by
moisturiser.
Then again in the evening, before bed. A cleanse to remove the days grime and I use just E45/witch hazel to reduce blemishes.

I can't understand when people say that they don't have time...it literally takes 2 minutes.

Water alone does not break down make up, unless you are using a flannel (which can be rough). Soap is drying and can block pores. I really do notice this.

Doesn't even have to be expensive products.

No way could I go to bed with make up on...that's grim 🤢 (unless you wash pillows every day).
I just imagine people putting make up on top of previous day's make up.

And no bars of soap in my house...far too messy!

Reactions: 7
I love bar soap too - I use Pears, the smell reminds me of my childhood and it foams up beautifully. I can't get on with shower gels, they all feel slimy to me.
Me too, I use coal tar soap. I don't like to share my bar of soap with anyone else , though.

Bars of soap have had a bit of a surge in popularity due to plastic packaging being seen as so wasteful

Reactions: 2
This is kinda contradictory. If he was gay and did come out, wouldn't that also be him putting personal news in the public domain??

Agree with you here! Awful news. Even though I do not nor will never know him, I feel so bad for him and couldn't say I "don't give a duck" like the previous poster!
agreed on all points!

i’m no fan for his (for various reasons!) but he and his partner both have the right to chose how and where they share this news, it’s extremely personal to them and releasing their own statement gives them ownership of it - rather than some tabloid publishing it as gossip further down the line.

Reactions: 13
People who repost every single story from someone wishing them a happy birthday is a self indulgent knob.

Literally just flicked through someone who has reposted 25 stories from other people wishing them a happy birthday.

I don’t caaaaaaaaaaaare!

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.