Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a cat and he was lovely, but he definitely smelt worse than the dog. But my dogs non shedding.

My husband wasnt keen that the cat just goes where it wants after being outside doing god knows what.
Guess if it's an outside cat,it is possible. Mine are indoor only and they don't themselves smell, obviously litter tray does if not cleaned. But i find that every dog smells, haven't met a dog yet that doesn't have a bit of that wet dog smell to it.

Reactions: 8
Fox tit smells worse than anything a cat or dog produces.

I said a few posts back that I have no animals at all in my house but seem to spend a ridiculous amount of time cleaning up after them!!

Reactions: 5
Cats tit in my garden so often that I have poo bags and a separate bin to put it in. The lazy little sods around here don't even bother to berry it. Just leave a massive turd on the patio!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Guess if it's an outside cat,it is possible. Mine are indoor only and they don't themselves smell, obviously litter tray does if not cleaned. But i find that every dog smells, haven't met a dog yet that doesn't have a bit of that wet dog smell to it.
If my dog gets smelly I just wash him. But I guess he is groomed more than most dogs because of his breed.

I find big dogs and jowly dogs very smelly, I think it's the dog saliva.

Reactions: 3
While COVID should still remain a concern, it is not the end all and be all of all sicknesses. There were instances where friends (and myself included recently) felt awful and gave a heads up to our friends who we've been in contact with while we waited for our PCR results . We all tested negative but still felt under the weather. Some people responded with "at least it's not covid". :rolleyes: Well, I still feel awful and last time I checked, colds and flus are still contagious and make you feel like crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
While COVID should still remain a concern, it is not the end all and be all of all sicknesses. There were instances where friends (and myself included recently) felt awful and gave a heads up to our friends who we've been in contact with while we waited for our PCR results . We all tested negative but still felt under the weather. Some people responded with "at least it's not covid". :rolleyes: Well, I still feel awful and last time I checked, colds and flus are still contagious and make you feel like crap.
Started getting tonsillitis symptoms last night, woke up this morning feeling like tit and EVERYONE is like "is it covid?" - probably not, it's not the first illness to exist ya know!

• Sad
Reactions: 17
UO (?) - the shade on this thread is more entertaining than any of the actual opinions.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don't have a pet, but I do have a cat that likes to visit my garden every day. Lovely little thing.

I don't particularly like animals doing its business in my garden, but cats have the right to roam, so I don't agree with deterrents. I find most cats bury it in mud or bark chippings as opposed to flower beds.

On the other hand, dog owners who fail to pick up tit from the bottom of my drive is disgusting.

Reactions: 13

I think we’ve all been conditioned thanks to restrictions we’ve had to endure the past two years, that COVID is the worse thing you can get (because up until recently, in England at least) - it has stopped us from going about our normal lives. We’ve had to inform others we’ve been close too, if we’ve had it, take two weeks off work… etc!
I recently had pneumonia, and was sent to A&E by 111 (who I cannot fault) the nurse who registered me at reception gave me a hard time thinking I had COVID. I work for the NHS (in another acute hospital) I test regularly, I KNEW I didn’t have it. I told her, and the after treatment questionnaire that not every cough = COVID!!!
Anyway, I digress. Pneumonia was 100000% more awful to deal with and come back from than when I had COVID. I’ve never been so ill.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I think we’ve all been conditioned thanks to restrictions we’ve had to endure the past two years, that COVID is the worse thing you can get (because up until recently, in England at least) - it has stopped us from going about our normal lives. We’ve had to inform others we’ve been close too, if we’ve had it, take two weeks off work… etc!
I recently had pneumonia, and was sent to A&E by 111 (who I cannot fault) the nurse who registered me at reception gave me a hard time thinking I had COVID. I work for the NHS (in another acute hospital) I test regularly, I KNEW I didn’t have it. I told her, and the after treatment questionnaire that not every cough = COVID!!!
Anyway, I digress. Pneumonia was 100000% more awful to deal with and come back from than when I had COVID. I’ve never been so ill.
I had pneumonia and thought it was the flu. 7 months later I had a physical and it showed up in my blood work that I had the antibodies. My physician was like ... Did you have pneumonia? I swear it took a good year (no lie) for my lungs to fully recover. It was horrendous.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Daily showers in the morning is a MUST anything less and you are smelly

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.