Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unpopular opinion, Adele is boring as duck and her performances are mediocre at best. If you've heard one of her songs, you've practically heard them all. No Adele I won't "go easy" on you and neither should your fans.
100% agree. Have to turn the radio to a different station if she comes on. Drone drone drone

Reactions: 8
All those contouring techniques come from drag. It looks great in a photo but in real life they look like they have mud smeared all over face.
In effect it’s stage make up then, no wonder it looks good on camera in good lighting but shockingly horrid up close in person. All cakey and muddy with what looks like a Michael Jackson nose drawn on.

Reactions: 14
In effect it’s stage make up then, no wonder it looks good on camera in good lighting but shockingly horrid up close in person. All cakey and muddy with what looks like a Michael Jackson nose drawn on.
that reminds me when i had my make up trial for my wedding. I looked HORRIBLE. The MUA was like oh it will look great in your photos and when you have your dress and hair.

on the inside i was like ‘but people will see me in person looking like this!!!’ And i knew my husband would absolutely hate it.

luckily we managed to tone it down ALOT for the wedding 🤣

Reactions: 12
Most kids have too many toys and more then they actually need.

I was invited to a relative's 4th birthday party on the weekend. The older five year old sibling was also given three presents.

Totally unnecessary and he's old enough to learn not to expect anything when it’s not his turn.
I hate this. You get presents on your own Birthday, not on other peoples Birthdays. We have friends who would expect everyone to bring a present for each sibling, regardless of whose Birthday it was. We weren't the only ones who ignored that request.

• Wow
Most kids have too many toys and more then they actually need.

I was invited to a relative's 4th birthday party on the weekend. The older five year old sibling was also given three presents.

Totally unnecessary and he's old enough to learn not to expect anything when it’s not his turn.
Yes, I agree with you .

Reactions: 3
I hate this. You get presents on your own Birthday, not on other peoples Birthdays. We have friends who would expect everyone to bring a present for each sibling, regardless of whose Birthday it was. We weren't the only ones who ignored that request.
Too right. I would only buy presents for the birthday girl/boy. I think it encourages bratty, “I want now” behaviour. I know someone like this too, who although dont expect everybody else to, buy actual gifts for their other children on one of their birthdays and they are NOT nice children either - spoilt, interruptive, dictating and enjoy listening in and partaking in adult conversation too much (another pet peeve of mine). I think it’s insane. Fair enough if it’s a bag of sweets or something but full on gifts! Children need to learn they can’t have and get everything they want - especially on someone else’s special day. Brats.

Too right. I would only buy presents for the birthday girl/boy. I think it encourages bratty, “I want now” behaviour. I know someone like this too, who although dont expect everybody else to, buy actual gifts for their other children on one of their birthdays and they are NOT nice children either - spoilt, interruptive, dictating and enjoy listening in and partaking in adult conversation too much (another pet peeve of mine). I think it’s insane. Fair enough if it’s a bag of sweets or something but full on gifts! Children need to learn they can’t have and get everything they want - especially on someone else’s special day. Brats.
They also light the candles on the cake twice so the non-birthday kid can blow them out.

Funnily enough, I'm not keen on their kids 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Too many people seem incapable of actually parenting their kids. Was my daughter upset on her brother's birthday, yes. But I'm not gonna get her presents to stop her kicking off. It's a life lesson. It's not always about you and you don't always get your own way.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Unpopular opinion but the whole "I love my body the way it is" is a load of bullshit. If you gave a pill to overweigh/obese people that would magically make them wake up to their ideal body weight they would 100% take the pill. I'm especially talking about people like Lizzo.

Reactions: 29
my sentiments exactly. I am kind and decent and generous and feel for any human in crisis.. But we seem to be always asked to put our hands in our pockets for other countries and our governments are taking part in other people's wars etc.. I always wonder if any other country would come to our aid should anything happen over here and I always feel like they wouldn't. I think the UK is universally hated unless you have a vested interest . we only have to look at the Eurovision voting etc.. I was speaking to someone about this very topic yesterday and citing the fact that look how long it took the US to get involved in WW2..it was practically over before they decided to help us.. I'm sure there's other examples that aren't coming to me right now
Late response but I just wanted to add. The US didn't get involved to help the UK, the Germans declared war on America hence they joined. The US had no intention of getting involved as it was seen as a European problem and the public were against joining the war.
Also if the US didn't join the Germans would have taken over the UK at some stage, next would be Ireland and the next stop after that is the US. Although they were allies, the US 100% was not there to save the UK or Europe.
I'm not from the UK but I think if anything happened to the UK it is hard to know where the displaced people would go but I'd imagine the other European countries would step up. Ye aren't a bad bunch!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Late response but I just wanted to add. The US didn't get involved to help the UK, the Germans declared war on America hence they joined. The US had no intention of getting involved as it was seen as a European problem and the public were against joining the war.
Also if the US didn't join the Germans would have taken over the UK at some stage, next would be Ireland and the next stop after that is the US. Although they were allies, the US 100% was not there to save the UK or Europe.
I'm not from the UK but I think if anything happened to the UK it is hard to know where the displaced people would go but I'd imagine the other European countries would step up. Ye aren't a bad bunch!
Just to add, the Americans only got involved because of Pearl Harbour. The US declared war on Japan and then Germany declared war on America.

Reactions: 6
Zelensky is an actor and the majority of images and videos we are being shown actually happened a few years ago .
Putin is not evil
All of what we are being told is not true

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Zelensky is an actor and the majority of images and videos we are being shown actually happened a few years ago .
Putin is not evil
All of what we are being told is not true
Putin, we see right through you. You're not the first person trying to infiltrate Tattle :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Seemingly an UO going by the Ukraine Russia thread... Zelenskyy is not hot. He looks like an average guy you'd see on the street (perhaps part of the appeal?). Anyway I'm not sure what people are creaming their knickers over.

• Haha
  • Heart
Unpopular opinion but I hate when people wear their shoes around the house and I think you should respect other people's homes and take them off. It's un hygienic and gross otherwise. Slippers for me as soon as I get in the door.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Unpopular opinion but I hate when people wear their shoes around the house and I think you should respect other people's homes and take them off. It's un hygienic and gross otherwise. Slippers for me as soon as I get in the door.
round here it's the opposite.. people seem to be wearing what look like slippers to the shops... ugg style or fluffy mules like something from the 70s

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Seemingly an UO going by the Ukraine Russia thread... Zelenskyy is not hot. He looks like an average guy you'd see on the street (perhaps part of the appeal?). Anyway I'm not sure what people are creaming their knickers over.
The way he has stood up for his country since the invasion and his strength of character is admirable, maybe people are confusing that with finding him hot?

I haven't seen anything from his pre - president days that paints him in a bad light either. He also comes across as having a great sense of humour, like he'd be such a life in better circumstances . These are all desirable traits.

• Heart
The way he has stood up for his country since the invasion and his strength of character is admirable, maybe people are confusing that with finding him hot?

I haven't seen anything from his pre - president days that paints him in a bad light either. He also comes across as having a great sense of humour, like he'd be such a life in better circumstances . These are all desirable traits.
Eh, fair points. Tbh I think it's a bit bizarre to be lusting after a politician in a situation like this anyway, but whatever makes the tit news cycle more bearable I guess 😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.