Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Probably already been done but my other unpopular one is my neighbours all trying to dump their manky old clothes on Ukrainian refugees instead of donating to DEC. Then telling everyone on Facebook.
The last thing the refugees need are unwashed, unwanted clothing. I worked in a charity shop for a while and people would donate bin liners full of sweaty T-shirts, jeans with broken zips, holey jumpers and cardigans with buttons missing.

I can easily imagine a lot of the donations for Ukraine are similar, which is why various charities have said NO CLOTHES!

They need first aid kits, blankets, tinned and dried food, nappies, formula milk, sanitary towels, toiletries, not a silver halter neck dress our Mandy got in the New Look sale but it didn’t fit.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
I don’t drink anymore. I was put on very strong tablets in 2010 and haven’t touched a drop since. Do I miss it? Nope I can honestly say I don’t. What gets up my hoop tho is on a night out when I say ‘just a diet coke please’ I get such looks. I may as well say ‘I kill puppies’. Why are people so incredulous that I don’t drink? Weird
Ok here’s my UO then. People don’t know when to stop. Tipsy folk are hilarious. Drunk folk are a pain in the fucking arse and are annoying as hell. I say that as someone who used to push it too far on a night out and realise now how annoying I was 🤣

• Heart
Lots of UO in my head, so I'll begin with an easy one.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.
Why should it be up to women to demand equality for men?

• Heart

Sea

VIP Member
UO: loathe leather sofas.
In Summer your sweaty body's stick to them, in winter they are too cold and not cosy. Don't even throw a throw on them just get a fabric sofa in the first place

• Heart

cococookie

Chatty Member
"Travelling" ain't all that and in a similar vein it's completely acceptable to be very happy in your own neck of the woods and have zero desire to "see the world". Being happy with your lot is not a bad thing.
Maybe it’s just me but the whole “your 20’s are for travelling” thing I’ve never really got. I never went travelling, none of my friends went travelling, my partner never went travelling. I actually don’t know anyone who spent their 20’s travelling 🤷🏽‍♀️

I also don’t like how some people try and make others feel like shit because they are happy staying in their hometown rather than moving away.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
You’re all boring banging on about personality disorders. Fuck sake start a thread of your own instead of killing this one.

Give us some good UO’s. Like Brad Pitt is ugly and there is only two sexes despite what some people claim

Broccoli is amazing but cauliflower can go straight in the bin along with bacon and cheese

Pancakes are best with cinnamon and sugar or lemon
Pancakes are horrid but not as horrid as Yorkshire puddings.

• Wow
  • Angry

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
My daughter is autistic and the only people who know are me, her dad and her school. (And the whole of tattle now 😂).

She deserves to have her privacy. She's 12 and doesn't speak at school but other pupils just assume she's quiet and shy 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

prozacprincess

VIP Member
As someone who does have diagnosed BPD I feel fully able to confidently say that there are many people, particularly women who self diagnose and jump on the mental health bandwagon. BPD seems to have replaced Bi-Polar as the latest in thing 🙄

I was horrified when I received that ‘label’ despite being misdiagnosed as bipolar for years. It made me feel like all my dirty secrets were out there for the medical profession and therapists to gawp at. I felt ashamed until a very kind mental health nurse who cared for me after yet another suicide attempt, attributed it to a kind of PTSD. My awful childhood experiences had warped my brain chemistry in a way that left me unable to form normal relationships. I was so desperate for love that I equated sex as love. I lost my virginity at 12 years old and a pattern of hyper sexuality followed by irrational behaviour if I was rejected haunted me for decades.

Apparently BPD issues decrease with age and I’ve certainly noticed that. Yes I can still be a bitch … but can’t we all ?!? 😉

• Heart
  • Haha

Retro80s

VIP Member
People who show off their cleaning regime and hoover lines in their carpet.
Why?!
We all clean our homes, who gives a fuck!

BattleAxing

VIP Member
I would save the human over the animal. Unless of course that person feels animals are more important and “humans are a disease”… then only in that case they better start swimming.

I find it bizarre and almost pretentious when people value the lives of animals over human beings.

• Heart
  • Sick

Rubyroo160

fibromyarsehole,
Must be terrible to live with someone who thinks it’s a personality trait like most do. 😐

tell me again how many tablets you take for random pains and aches.

also, controversial,
BPD/EUPD. Not a real illness.
a lot of the time, you’re just a bitch 😐 you don’t have “borderline personality disorder”, a random diagnosis I don’t know actually exists 😬 that doesn’t excuse you’re behaviour, you’re just a bit of a bitch.
This is a very uneducated comment. Clearly you’re lucky enough not to suffer with a chronic illness or have any loved ones who do. If you did and saw how limited it makes their daily lives perhaps you’d be a little more sympathetic.

fibromyarsehole,
Must be terrible to live with someone who thinks it’s a personality trait like most do. 😐

tell me again how many tablets you take for random pains and aches.

also, controversial,
BPD/EUPD. Not a real illness.
a lot of the time, you’re just a bitch 😐 you don’t have “borderline personality disorder”, a random diagnosis I don’t know actually exists 😬 that doesn’t excuse you’re behaviour, you’re just a bit of a bitch.
I’m also stunned to see that you’re a moderator having written such awful comments.

• Heart

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Flat caps on guys under 60.. No you don't look cool and V Peaky Blinders... you look like a Northerner from the 1900's who's lost his whippet

• Haha

BattleAxing

VIP Member
I’ve seen Mothers Day cards on Etsy from dogs now 🤦🏽‍♀️ Do some dog owners buy these for themselves and pretend the dog wrote it? Genuine question lol
I find people who push human attributes onto animals vomit inducing.

“Fur baby” - Get in the bin with that!

You are not a mother because you own a dog/cat. You are a pet owner.

My childrens step mum calls herself a rat mama. 🤢 Yes rats make wonderful pets but you’re still just a rat owner. Stop humanising them. (she does have actual human children too). Quite frankly I feel like telling people like this to grow the hell up!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Eggsandbeans

I’d love it if planes, buses and indeed any form of public transport had a section specifically for people with noisy kids or those who like playing their iPad etc without headphones so they could make noise without annoying others. Such an idea would of course be enforced 😃

• Heart
My UO is that people can kindly fuck off condemning others for shopping in the likes of Penneys (or Primark for those of u not from Ireland 😅) because of fast fashion. The majority of clothes I buy, even from these cheaper stores, I keep and rewear for years! Not everyone can afford to buy from expensive boutiques and to wear items of clothing only once!
Usually the type of people to shame shoppers of fast-fashion (Primark/Penney’s, Boohoo, ASOS etc) don’t give a shit about sustainability and the supply chain, they just want to look cool for “caring about the environment” and the “workers rights”. There are so many industries that are paying workers below minimum wages and with awful working conditions. But because it’s not “fashion” people don’t care. They won’t think twice about getting their nails done in a walk-in Vietnamese nail bar or getting their car washed at a Romanian car wash/valeter.

Reactions: 21