Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
My daughter has gone to world book day as a character from Dork Diaries who wears jeans, hoodie and trainers with her hair in a ponytail. So this is how my daughter dressed! Upon entering the classroom her teacher said that she should have come in a costume and not mufti 😡

My unpopular opinion is that sometimes schools create a dislike for reading by being pushy. My daughter reads every single evening and loves books, but apparently this doesn't count as the books she reads are not from the scheme!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

LittleMy

VIP Member
Women are just as capable as fighting as men though. Look at the Kurdish Women's army in Syria who were a massive part in driving ISIS back.
They are, but when push comes to shove do you think a mother is going to choose to stay and fight a rich man’s war over fleeing to get her children to safety? I certainly wouldn’t.

• Heart

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
World Book Day costumes should be backed up with a book.

Your kid wants to go as a Disney Princess or Marvel character? Fine, if they've got a book with that Princess or Marvel character in that they can take in on the day. The whole point of the day is to encourage kids to be interested in reading and books, not for them to dress up as a film character.
Agree completely. Please can we add wearing football shirts which seems the go to at our school (although they could have an annual I suppose).

Having just witnesses two women nearly come to blows over the last bottle of pancake mix in the shop, my UO is ... if you can't make your own pancake batter in adulthood you don't deserve any pancakes.

PatxButchersxEarings

Cleaning influencers I don't get the hype and why has zoflora become popular since they showed it on social media? It always reminds me of my nan her house reeked of it 🤣

• Haha

missgarcy

American influencers can get in the bin, all sharing links to donate to Ukraine as if they cared when they never bat an eyelid when their beloved country invades and kills civilians.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Shakes head at Performative actions...

Sainsburys renames Chicken Kiev to Chicken Kviv..

is this going to make a blind bit of difference to Putin and his actions? I suspect not

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
People crying over Ukraine,

Now, I do feel bad for them, like I feel bad for the homeless people who are sleeping in their cars tonight because the lockdown has left them unemployed, but I’m not they type to waste tears on people I don’t know, not when we’ve all suffered so much in the last 2 years,
nor do I believe anyone posting about their heartbreak is either, it’s just something that makes you look good, your tears are for you and how it will impact you.

I feel like everyone cares about how it will impact them and I for one don’t blame them, and I believe we would all probably do anything to keep the refugees out of our own countries,
But it’s not socially acceptable to say that so we all just pretend we care and post online to make ourselves feel better 😏

• Sad
  • Heart

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion, I can never see the point of dry January. Seems like a pointless exercise. I also think it's usually the one's who have an alcohol problem that are the one's to drivel on about it. 🍸🍸🍸

Unpopular opinion- People who claim women have everything “hanging out” are jealous they can’t pull the clothes off themselves.

(I agree it’s gross to see someone’s privates. E.g. a fanny or a knob). But absolutely nothing wrong with cleavage, thighs, nipples poking through, a bit of arse cheek.
yes, I'm very jealous that people can't see my nipples :LOL: :m

• Haha
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
UO: I hate forum cliques. You're not my friend (nor foe), if I like what you say some thread doesn't mean I'll like your views always and fawn over you.
Also goes for the opposite too, if I disagree with you doesn't mean I'll disagree with you always.
This very thread is a good example. One subject I can agree wholeheartedly with a poster, next subject complete opposite. We all still manage to get along 16 threads later.

Reactions: 18

mcfeez

VIP Member
Any jeans that suit you are "in" except those stupid cut out squares that show off all your thighs, they don't suit anyone so they are "out".
I know a girl who would fake tan patches on her legs to wear cut out jeans. Not her whole legs. Patches.

• Haha
All those contouring techniques come from drag. It looks great in a photo but in real life they look like they have mud smeared all over face.
I had a trial done at a department store for a wedding (I was a bridesmaid) with contouring. It looked OK when they showed me so I happily left it on and swanned around town shopping etc. I did get a few looks which made me a bit paranoid but even the young guy in the cafe literally laughing out loud when he saw me didn't ring any major alarm bells. I'd seen my face, I looked OK, better than normal, I could pull off confident.

I got home, looked in the mirror and promptly died. I quite literally had orangey brown stripes all over my face in big thick grease pen.

They didn't get the wedding gig thank goodness and I can now laugh as I picture the lad in the cafe's face but ahhh man the cringe was real at the time.

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I’m not a big drinker anymore at all really, went to Christmas market a couple of years ago with husband’s parents and they all got a mulled wine or tankard of beer. I don’t like either of those drinks so I said no thank you when offered and said I think I’ll get a hot chocolate from somewhere and my MIL was so pissed off and said I was ruining the day by not joining in. Don’t understand that attitude at all.
I just don't get this attitude at all. Some people just don't like it or like the effect it has on them. Some people don't like cheese. I think that's weirder :ROFLMAO:

Here's an UO, if your non drinking friend is driving to a get together don't automatically think they can be your personal taxi. Nothing pisses me off more than someone saying 'Oh you're driving, can you give me a lift home?' . I hate it because if I'm driving and want to leave I feel obliged to perhaps stay longer because the other parties 'aren't ready to leave yet' and it inevitably is out of my way and makes my night longer. If I offer, that's one thing but don't think 'ooh Fenella's driving, That's my ride home sorted so I can get pissed' :mad:

BattleAxing

VIP Member
Am I the only Woman that doesn’t give a hoot that’s it’s ‘International Woman’s Day’ 🤷‍♀️
Nope. And I wont be surprised if it’s turnt into a Hallmark holiday where we are expected to give out cards and gifts to the random women in ours lives in the next few years.

• Haha
  • Wow

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I can't understand people that want to be on the plane longer than needed. I'm always the last on.
I'm always last on and last off. I stay in my seat reading until the plane is empty, no pushing shoving and breeze into the luggage area and grab mine as its normally the only one left going round

Mamacita

VIP Member
I think people who get uptight about others calling their pets their children treat it way too seriously, it's just some light-hearted fun for people, doubt anyone actually thinks they're making the same sacrifices for their pets as others do for their children. Lots of annoyance over nothing 🤣