Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Every young person seems to have ‘anxiety’ nowadays, but when you drill down into it - half the time they are just nervous about something. People seem to have forgotten that feeling nervous is a totally normal emotion and is not anxiety.

Having a diagnosis has become the “in thing.” Loads of adult women are now suddenly ADHD and loving posting about on Instagram. In reality they’re probably just lazy and unorganised but a label makes much better content.
Do you follow HotCrossMum by any chance … she is def one of these 👆🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Been seeing a lot of Ukrainian flags on peoples profile pictures on social media. Pointless virtue signalling to make themselves look good.
If you change your profile photo to a flag you should automatically be charged £20 which is sent to help said country.
I guarantee if they brought that clause in Facebook would be flag free.

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I just think that treating your children as content creation on an open account is so so wrong on every level.
Whether its to showcase their autism, their appearance, their sporting prowess - its just not appropriate.
The worst for me is when 'influencers' actually show their child's bedroom - where they sleep etc. That is so so private to my mind.

• Heart

hydeist

Chatty Member
International Women's Day would be nice if it were solely to highlight serious issues and inequalities like access to education and reproductive rights in developing countries. But it's all just overshadowed by shite on social media like anything else vaguely meaningful.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I don’t drink and I hate seeing people’s reactions to it cos they always seem to look at me like i’m hitler reborn, I’ve had friends try and force me to drink, holding the drink to my lips or physically moving my arms, reason being that apparently I’m boring. Fuck off and drink by yourself then, let me have my Coca Cola in peace!

I do get it that if you harp on about it it’s boring/irritating but eh

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
No encouraging your kids to read is pure neglect and laziness,
also using bad grammar around kids drives me insane,
The English especially are awful when it comes to using correct grammar.
“ we woz” etc, makes my toes curl.

You’re all boring banging on about personality disorders. Fuck sake start a thread of your own instead of killing this one.

Give us some good UO’s. Like Brad Pitt is ugly and there is only two sexes despite what some people claim

Broccoli is amazing but cauliflower can go straight in the bin along with bacon and cheese

Pancakes are best with cinnamon and sugar or lemon

• Haha
  • Heart

PollyPerks

Taking a sh*t in public is not something to be ashamed of and anyone who takes the piss out of people who do are childish
True!! Everyone does it!!!
Okay... I first read this UO as taking a sh*t actually in public, like in a park or something, and was like, that's a bit extreme!:oops:

But if you mean in a public loo then I'm 100% with you!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Greys1324

Chatty Member
Having a diagnosis has become the “in thing.” Loads of adult women are now suddenly ADHD and loving posting about on Instagram. In reality they’re probably just lazy and unorganised but a label makes much better content.

• Angry
  • Haha
I would save the human over the animal. Unless of course that person feels animals are more important and “humans are a disease”… then only in that case they better start swimming.

I find it bizarre and almost pretentious when people value the lives of animals over human beings.
I take it as a sign that that person is fucked in the head if I'm honest.
I love animals but I'm gonna save a child or an adult over a dog or cat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
So is it mandatory to dress up. What if you don't want to or your parents can't afford a costume
Not at my son’s school. It’s just a non uniform day and bring in a favourite book.

It’s like everything these days, hyped up into something that will cost parents more money.

Katydoo

People that go to family friendly restaurants that have kids play stuff and kids menus, then complain or get the face on because there are children not acting in the Victorian manner - need to get a grip and go eat somewhere else.
Lots of parents take their kids to ‘adult restaurants’ these days, there’s no getting away from them. I would drive 100 miles out of my way if I had to, to find a place without a play area and chicken nuggets on the menu but lo and behold, there they are.. ruining everyone’s day. A few weeks ago a couple getting stuck into the wine menu, let their spawn repeatedly ram it’s scooter(!!) into our table. Parents and staff didn’t intervene. Then it sat on our spare chair and brought its drink over. Had to demand the parents get it out of my sight immediately.

• Haha
  • Wow

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Better Naked done it with their vegan Kiev days ago so they’ve just ripped off their awful idea, which makes it even worse 🙄 I hope no food will be wasted for this stunt.

See loads of vodka poured down the drain. Do they really think they are hurting Russia? No, you daft sods you already bought the vodka so you only hurt your purse not Russias

• Angry
People that go to family friendly restaurants that have kids play stuff and kids menus, then complain or get the face on because there are children not acting in the Victorian manner - need to get a grip and go eat somewhere else.

• Heart
No offense, I don't know you and you might be a right laugh.

But I've never met anyone that doesn't drink that is a laugh or super fun at a party. They say they don't need a drink to have a good time, but they're usually a bit dull.

I'm not taking about people needing to get smashed, but people that NEVER drink are usually a bit of a drag.

But then anyone too sensible is not my cup of tea.
No offence taken at all. I think that’s the beauty of this thread it’s so interesting to read other people’s points of view.

I’m only 28 and haven’t drank for about 2/3 years now. When I did drink, I’d be sat in the loos most of the night feeling hot, sick, dizzy, felt miserable and always went home early. Now I don’t drink, I feel fine and can stay out all night, I’d say I’m chatty and always up for a laugh.

I find the people who claim they need a drink are the dull ones when they’re sober. “I’m not drunk enough to dance” “I’m not drunk enough to sing”. & when they’re drunk they feel like they need to make a point of “whhyyy aren’t you drinking??” & “ohh go on, just have one!”

In my experience people that don’t drink always tell everyone and act superior to those of us who like a glass or two.
I don’t think it’s acting superior. In my experience I’m just sick to death of people asking why I don’t drink or assuming I’m pregnant. I’m like, alcohol gives me the shits, it isn’t that deep, enjoy your wine 🤣

• Haha

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Booking fees on tickets are a scam and should be abolished. What is it about booking cinema tickets online that justifies an extra 75p on top of each ticket?
or concert or theatre tickets.. you print them yourself and input all the info... where is the admin? These days you don't even get a printed ticket anymore... rip off central

Reactions: 19

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I don’t think any education is a waste, my experience of university allowed for me to get life skills as well as the actual hard work part. I do agree though that university should not be the ‘be all and end all’ - I did not feel ready to go to uni in 2017 but it was all I was told throughout the later years of school and a levels — and although I loved it in the end am still unsure how or if I will use my degrees.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
My neighbour has made my life hell for a very long time now. Every time I speak up for myself at housing/council and mental health team email meetings etc I am sadly told she has problems.

At the end of last year, I met with someone else from a different branch of mental health I mentioned in passing at the end of our meeting the lady next door and what I have to put up with. This lady was aghast and said no, that isn't right because no one has to put up with anyone else at the expense of their own mental or physical health. Strangely enough, since she contacted housing and local council etc I am being listened to and next door has gone strangely very quiet. I don't think it will last, but if she does kick off again I now know that I don't have to take it because some woke workers puts someone else's MH before mine.

The reason I say woke is everyone who said "oh that's very bad but sorry. nothing I can do". Had their pronouns in their emails.

• Heart