Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
I do drink but have obviously had a few nights out where I didn't bother, mostly because I didn't want to. I literally had one of my in laws one of these nights, who was a bit drunk but still, turn to me and say really nastily "You think your better than us don't you!" People get so wound up by others choices.
I’m not a big drinker anymore at all really, went to Christmas market a couple of years ago with husband’s parents and they all got a mulled wine or tankard of beer. I don’t like either of those drinks so I said no thank you when offered and said I think I’ll get a hot chocolate from somewhere and my MIL was so pissed off and said I was ruining the day by not joining in. Don’t understand that attitude at all.

Reactions: 16
I saw someone physically lift their arse cheeks to fart when I was walking through town once, she just stopped dead in the middle of a conversation to let rip, it was the sort of one that echoed all around. I thought it was quite funny.
Have you been following me around town again?

• Haha
Meh, ask any fat person if they’d rather be fat and stylish or slim and unstylish they’ll pick slim if they’re answering truthfully.

• Heart
May have been discussed before. But…

The idea of “Santa”/“Father Christmas” should be scrapped.

Some kids get very little for Christmas or nothing at all. (Kids in care, kids living in poverty, kids from abusive households) & then kids from wealthy/comfortable backgrounds get thousands spent on them. No kid should wonder why Santa brought more presents for their friends/other children whilst they received nothing/very little.

• Wow

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
UO. It's not always a bad thing if food prices increase. Most of us eat too much, and we're also very wasteful, far too much food is thrown away.
Of course it doesn't matter if you're already well off, but as usual the poorest will be hit the worst. Prices do not just increase on one item but on a few together.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I had a trial done at a department store for a wedding (I was a bridesmaid) with contouring. It looked OK when they showed me so I happily left it on and swanned around town shopping etc. I did get a few looks which made me a bit paranoid but even the young guy in the cafe literally laughing out loud when he saw me didn't ring any major alarm bells. I'd seen my face, I looked OK, better than normal, I could pull off confident.

I got home, looked in the mirror and promptly died. I quite literally had orangey brown stripes all over my face in big thick grease pen.

They didn't get the wedding gig thank goodness and I can now laugh as I picture the lad in the cafe's face but ahhh man the cringe was real at the time.
This happened to me too! And it cost me a small fortune... I could have achieved the same effect striping my face with a neopolitan choc ice 😕

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
UO - if you need alcohol in order to have a good time you’re probably as dull as dishwater
I like a drink but if I need to drive to get to a night out or a function, it really doesn't bother me.

I also think if you need to get absolutely smashed every time you have a night out there's something wrong. Have a few drinks, get a buzz, let down your guard but getting absolutely annihilated to the point where you're virtually unconscious and throwing up? What is the point in that? You spend more time feeling dog rough then you did having fun.

Katydoo

I fucking despise World Book Day with every fibre of my being. I love reading, I love books, peoples feral offspring should read books… but I do not want endless pictures of peoples kids dressed up for no reason at all except to indulge themselves with likes and delude themselves that their kid is cute and everyone is interested in seeing said pictures… FYI. We are not.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I work with a guy who never drinks. He says he doesn’t like the taste. I think he’s an alcoholic and therefore can’t drink. I don’t understand ‘doesn’t like the taste’ beer taste completely different to champagne
Are you basing that on anything other than the fact you don't understand someone just doesn't like it?

Catlady1

VIP Member
If you're vain enough and stupid enough to fly to an unregulated clinic in Turkey to have your arse injected with cement then I have no sympathy if it goes wrong.
And then you get all infected and have to be rushed to hospital to get it corrected on the nhs! Then you are in local news warning others and trying to get sympathy!!

• Heart

hydeist

Chatty Member
This is a very uneducated comment. Clearly you’re lucky enough not to suffer with a chronic illness or have any loved ones who do. If you did and saw how limited it makes their daily lives perhaps you’d be a little more sympathetic.
Agreed. I have a close friend who suffers from borderline personality disorder and while I will absolutely say she's a big arsehole because of it 😂 she is unwell and has a diagnosed mental illness. Her illness ruins her jobs and relationships and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's got to be incredibly difficult to not be able to control your thoughts and impulses and reactions the same way that a healthy person can, to the degree where it is actively destroying your life. It absolutely exists, but I appreciate that this is the "unpopular opinion" thread, aka the "be a dickhead with no consequence" thread.

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I have time to exercise. I just don't have the energy to do it, im exhausted from work/study/kids/life. I am proper burnt out at the moment and i dont know how anyone has to energy and discipline to go exercise around full time jobs and kids 😴 I wish I did!

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
On the vegan theme. The amount of vegan/plant based ads on tv and radio at the moment is doing my head in.

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
My daughter has gone to world book day as a character from Dork Diaries who wears jeans, hoodie and trainers with her hair in a ponytail. So this is how my daughter dressed! Upon entering the classroom her teacher said that she should have come in a costume and not mufti 😡

My unpopular opinion is that sometimes schools create a dislike for reading by being pushy. My daughter reads every single evening and loves books, but apparently this doesn't count as the books she reads are not from the scheme!
similar happened to my daughter in infant school..she went as Lola from Charlie and Lola in stripy tights, colourful pinafore and top with hair bows. Most of the class were obligatory Disney Princess'..teacher said oh look (daughter's) come as herself ! she replied no i havent im Lola!
It peed me off as she had actually gone as her favourite book character at the time and she was basically ridiculed by a teacher!

• Sad
  • Wow

oldflames

my unpopular opinion is some of the humour on influencer/guru/instagrammer etc threads is so shit. don't understand how some things get hundreds of reactions it wasn't that funny. also some ppl clearly want reactions to be validated like ur just as bad as influencers mate