Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I love animals but they are not people.

I agree with the OP. If your main focus is dogs when people including children are dying or in danger, you're a weird person.

A dog is a dog, in China they eat them. No one ever gets their knickers in a twist about all the farm animals left behind to starve. At least a dog can fend for itself.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Why is it cool to be a shit parent, chaotic, disorganised and forever in a flap or hungover. I hate it. I blame that Motherland show (which I also hated - unpopular opinion). I try really hard to be an organised parent which seems to be ridiculed these days.

• Heart

SwimmingPigs

Chatty Member
It's annoying when someone gives their opinion about a celebrity or public figure, and someone else replies sarcastically like "Oh so you know them well, do you?"

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I don’t like any kind of gold, silver jewellery all the way for me. My wedding ring was about £4 from a Greek street market in Santorini and is still going strong. People assume it’s white gold or platinum - I’ve never been wealthy enough to upgrade, nor would I want to.

I particularly dislike highly visible jewellery like thick neck chains and sovereign rings.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
On the issue of people calling themselves dog mum/cat mum or their pets furbabies..

My issue with this is you’re taking away the meaning of being a parent/mother. Now i’m not saying being a mum (or dad) is the only valuable thing in life or that you are the salt of the earth beause you have chosen to have kids, but parents make HUGE sacrifices for their kids, something you don’t do for your pets, you obviously change your habits and life but they still fit into your lifestyle.

a small example (not the huge sacrifice before anyone comes atme) as a mother i cannot leave my child/baby at home to pop to the shops or go for meal.

mothers sacrifice careers and relationships for their kids, you don’t do that for pets.

again you can love your pets as much as you say you do, but sorry you’re not a parent to them and for those that say your child and pet is the same, its really not. if there was a fire and you could only save one, i hardly doubt you’d pick your dog over your child.

• Heart
  • Wow

monga

VIP Member
😂 Is there some kind of disease of the conscience spreading through Tattle, that's a few times today I seen people complaining about people being too opinionated about influencers ☺

• Haha

Nixxs

VIP Member
I'm seeing a lot of posts on my socials esp Instagram about people in the US and UK who may be suffering from anxiety because of the situation in the Ukraine. Aside from any humanitarian sympathy feelings and possible further increases in energy prices. WHY? It really will not affect you as far as I can tell unless you have friends and relatives over there and/or if Putin nukes us all. Why would it cause Charlene from Stoke anxiety?? (Prepared to admit if there is something I am not quite getting here)
Tbh I'm worried about him pressing the red button. The man is insane in sure of it

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
I think regardless of fat or thin people need to stop always wearing clothes or styles because they are trendy or 'in' - people should dress in what suits them. Sometimes that is something that is considered fashionable and 'on trend' and sometimes it isn't. Mom jeans are an example that comes to mind, they don't suit everyone.

Ensay

VIP Member
The stuff about the BBC being biased is utter bollocks. They always present both sides of the argument - even when that means the presenter plays devil's advocate.

People just think it's biased because they've seen a few things on there they disagree with, then act like the BBC actually holds those views, rather than just giving them air time.

It's always the ones who say the BBC is made up of woke snowflakes who make a song and a dance about how they don't watch it. 😂

• Haha

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I really like mandalas but so common. Neck moths, absolutely new tramp stamp and a lot of people are gonna regret getting a fashion tattoo on their neck. Id also add pocket watch with rose and or dove.

I hate those fine line floral ones people are getting. I much prefer traditional style and they are much easier to pull off.

I think if you're big you need to put the tattoo on the not so fat bits. Fat women having tattoos on their upper arm is like men having them in on their beer belly.
Once at the seaside I saw a fella with a beer belly and a tattoo saying 'lucky dip' with an arrow pointing to his waistband 😆 nope.

Tell you what I can't get on board with.. the trend for bralets and high waisted jeans. I know its to give the illusion of a flat stomach but in reality you're just getting a letter box style view of a spare tyre.

• Haha
People that go to family friendly restaurants that have kids play stuff and kids menus, then complain or get the face on because there are children not acting in the Victorian manner - need to get a grip and go eat somewhere else.
Oh yes agree with that too. If I’m going somewhere that hands out crayons to kids and has chicken nuggets on the menu can’t complain about kids actually being there.

hydeist

Chatty Member
I think a lot of the thread titles that get voted in are crap and the trite rhymes that people vote for make me cringe sometimes. I think the current Mrs. Hinch thread with no title looks good and sometimes we just shouldn't bother.

The fact that I've never won a thread title when I suggest one may factor in to this opinion.
I prefer the Jack Monroe thread title to the rhyming ones everyone seems to do - they're usually a mixture of just funny quotes from people on the thread, or stupid shit Jack has tweeted that's funny out of context. Way better than the forced rhymes!

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I'm not saying kids can't go as Elsa or Spiderman. Buy a shop costume if you want. But it's World BOOK Day, put in some effort with the book part...or a comic, or a magazine, just something they can read. If money is an issue, join the library.

Too many kids don't read enough, and too many parents don't encourage reading enough.

Cant-be-arsed

What about the people who say that their dogs are their babies. Those people freak me out. “My fur baby” get away would you! Animals are not your babies. I can understand why you’d love your pet and they are often great companions but sorry, they aren’t babies and they should absolutely not ever ever sleep in your bed because that’s just disgustingly unhygienic.

• Heart
  • Haha

BattleAxing

VIP Member
The culture now is anyone who isn't mainstream must have something wrong with them.

My step son thinks he must be a bit ASD because he not like the other boys. He's not he's just a bit geeky but also not super clever. When I was at school they were just not the cool kids, they didn't have medical lables.
THIS! Is exactly what I am getting at.

Just because they aren’t the mainstream, “cool” kids or a bit aloof and prefer the library to football or Warhammer to PS4 it doesn’t mean they automatically have bloody autism! or any other spectrum disorder.

• Angry

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I work with a guy who never drinks. He says he doesn’t like the taste. I think he’s an alcoholic and therefore can’t drink. I don’t understand ‘doesn’t like the taste’ beer taste completely different to champagne
Orrrrr he could genuinely not like the taste of alcoholic drinks? I don’t really and I know a few others who don’t.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I used to hate World Book Day with a passion. At one point I had all 4 kids at primary school, I was working nights, sleep deprived and incredibly annoyed at having to provide fancy dress for all of them. I think the school should have a supply of costumes and allow the kids to decide which character they wanted to be.

Poundland saved me - Harry Potter glasses and a wizard hat for one, tiara and fairy wings for another, Striped pjs and a football strip for the remaining two. I can’t remember what book the football strip illustrated 😂😂😂

All my kids loved, and still love, reading which is the whole point of WBD.