Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That sounds super judgey actually. Didn’t even try to do what was best for their baby?! Give it a rest 😆
Not really judgy just a fact. It is what best for your baby. I didn't spend weeks with cracked and bleeding nipples then a year having a small human suck on me multiple times a day just for the fun of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not really judgy just a fact. It is what best for your baby. I didn't spend weeks with cracked and bleeding nipples then a year having a small human suck on me multiple times a day just for the fun of it.
Sounds fun, glad I never tried it now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Personally I think, if you don't have an actual medical reasons to not give birth naturally, you should at least try. Giving birth is part of having a baby, if you can't be arsed then are you really ready to commit your life to raising a human.

Same with bf, you had a really bad experience 1st time around so I'm not surprised you went straight for the formula. But I've heard people say they don't want to bf because it's gross, or it'll ruin their boobs, or their boobs are for their partner. It's just childish. Bf is better for the baby, so I personally can't understand the mentality of not at least trying if you can.

I don't give a tit how other people feed their babies. But I don't like people trying to hag off bf mums and calling us werid, alien, show offs or have attachment issues, when most of us just want to give our babies the best most natural start in life. I don't look down on FF mums at all. But I thibk some FF mums are really rude about bf mums because deep down they knew they didnt even try to do what's best for their baby. If they genuinely couldn't bf then why care when people say it's better it whatever.
I mentioned attachment issues. I don’t think mums who BF have attachment issues unless they’re BF a walking, talking toddler who is capable of asking what’s for dinner. By then a child should be eating a healthy, well balanced diet. I know the World Health Organisation has aged 5/6 I can’t remember exactly but if you’re living in a developed country, there is literally no need or health/bonding benefit to a child that age. The only reason I can see about mums who do extended BF is an attachment issue and bordering on emotional abuse especially if they are of school age. If their peers ever caught wind of it they will be made a target for bullying. Especially since extended breastfeeding is bragged about online, fancy come high school their friends come across a photo of them online aged 5 sucking milk from their mum. 🤢 I remember a documentary that was aired on TV about a woman BF her 9! Yes NINE year old daughter, I just thought mum was a creep with attachment issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I mentioned attachment issues. I don’t think mums who BF have attachment issues unless they’re BF a walking, talking toddler who is capable of asking what’s for dinner. By then a child should be eating a healthy, well balanced diet. I know the World Health Organisation has aged 5/6 I can’t remember exactly but if you’re living in a developed country, there is literally no need or health/bonding benefit to a child that age. The only reason I can see about mums who do extended BF is an attachment issue and bordering on emotional abuse especially if they are of school age. If their peers ever caught wind of it they will be made a target for bullying. Especially since extended breastfeeding is bragged about online, fancy come high school their friends come across a photo of them online aged 5 sucking milk from their mum. 🤢
Think of the hell a parent would get if they handed them a bobo of milk at that age .

Reactions: 4
I mentioned attachment issues. I don’t think mums who BF have attachment issues unless they’re BF a walking, talking toddler who is capable of asking what’s for dinner. By then a child should be eating a healthy, well balanced diet. I know the World Health Organisation has aged 5/6 I can’t remember exactly but if you’re living in a developed country, there is literally no need or health/bonding benefit to a child that age. The only reason I can see about mums who do extended BF is an attachment issue and bordering on emotional abuse especially if they are of school age. If their peers ever caught wind of it they will be made a target for bullying. Especially since extended breastfeeding is bragged about online, fancy come high school their friends come across a photo of them online aged 5 sucking milk from their mum. 🤢 I remember a documentary that was aired on TV about a woman BF her 9! Yes NINE year old daughter, I just thought mum was a creep with attachment issues.
Bitty 🤣 wasnt that David Walliams

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Think of the hell a parent would get if they handed them a bobo of milk at that age .
I edited post at the end. Did you see the documentary I mentioned? If you did, did you think the woman was doing that for her benefit or the child’s benefit?

Reactions: 1

I don’t think that is common though, most women I have known tend to feed for six months to a year.

I edited post at the end. Did you see the documentary I mentioned? If you did, did you think the woman was doing that for her benefit or the child’s benefit?
I didn't ,but I have seen ones before where children were still being BF at 9yr old:sick: there were ones being interviewed on breakfast TV before.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Shaming mothers who choose not to BF because they don't fancy it is another way of trying to remove autonomy over our bodies. Do my choices affect you personally? No, then mind ya fuckin' business.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Give the baby its bottle

Inspect for other-end shenanigans...

Then burp it, and stick its dummy in😎😎

• Haha
It’s such a tired debate - there’s bigger things to worry about in life than how Senga down the road fed her newborn baby (unless she’s blending up a scotch pie 💀).
I knew someone called Senga once (Scottish obviously). I've always quite liked it although it does have the whole Nevaeh vibe going on, being Agnes backwards.

Totally off thread sorry!

• Haha
People who dismiss all adult animated TV programmes as "childish" and "not funny" are trying to act better than they actually are.

Family Guy, South Park, Big Mouth and Bojack Horseman are fantastic.
YOU FORGOT DARIA!

• Heart
Flicked the TV channel Brits are on everyone that ticks a box winning I see and Adele sounds tit, the voice, the song. Terrible.

I bloody love bluey. Excellent show.

I encourage my nieces and nephews to watch it when they are around because I feel less bad watching a TV show aimed at children. Oh man, it’s great!
Also like We Bare Bears and Miraculous Lady Bug and Cat Noir isn’t too bad.

Reactions: 3
Not all babies/kids are cute. I am sick and tired of people bringing in their kids to work meetings and expect the whole group to go goo goo ga ga over how cute the tiny humans are. Some of them, I find are cute kids, but most of them aren’t! And if you don’t drop everything to comment on how cute the kid is, you come off as a proper witch. I just don’t like children that much lol.
Note: I was a proper ugly child with a bowl cut. And I do compliment kids when they are actually cute/nice/etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.