Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a lot that goes into breastfeeding for some women, its not as simple as whip out a tit and its done.

I ended up in hospital for 10 days on antibiotic drip because of mastitis as i was adament i would try and breastfeed but it just didn’t work and baby was starving and i was close to PND, second time a round i went straight to formula and have no regrets, absolutely loved the first few weeks of newborn stage because of the ease of feeding.

That poster that said everyone should try posted a very naive ‘unpopular opinion’

Thats like me saying everyone should at least try and give birth naturally.
Personally I think, if you don't have an actual medical reasons to not give birth naturally, you should at least try. Giving birth is part of having a baby, if you can't be arsed then are you really ready to commit your life to raising a human.

Same with bf, you had a really bad experience 1st time around so I'm not surprised you went straight for the formula. But I've heard people say they don't want to bf because it's gross, or it'll ruin their boobs, or their boobs are for their partner. It's just childish. Bf is better for the baby, so I personally can't understand the mentality of not at least trying if you can.

I don't give a tit how other people feed their babies. But I don't like people trying to slag off bf mums and calling us werid, alien, show offs or have attachment issues, when most of us just want to give our babies the best most natural start in life. I don't look down on FF mums at all. But I thibk some FF mums are really rude about bf mums because deep down they knew they didnt even try to do what's best for their baby. If they genuinely couldn't bf then why care when people say it's better it whatever.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Same with bf, you had a really bad experience 1st time around so I'm not surprised you went straight for the formula. But I've heard people say they don't want to bf because it's gross, or it'll ruin their boobs, or their boobs are for their partner. It's just childish. Bf is better for the baby, so I personally can't understand the mentality of not at least trying if you can
Wow I would hope that is an unpopular opinion! 🙈 I'm first time pregnant and have already opted not to breast feed. Everybody says how hard it is in the beginning and I've witnessed it myself with family members and friends who tried breastfeeding. I have a history of mental health issues, so am worried of the mental tole it will take on me which will in turn affect my ability to look after baby. Breast feeding might have better nutrients but when I weigh it up for me and my family, it isn't the better option for us 😊

ETA honestly I've met far more BF mothers looking down their nose at people who don't BF, than I have met people who think BF is gross

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My first kid, the idea of breastfeeding creeped me out. Refused to try, no intention. I wasnt wrong for thinking that, it was simply my choice. (& yes, i had read up on the benefits. Still chose not to). Second one, i wanted to try. Try if you want, dont if ya dont.

I dont get why some women are SO wrapped up in the whole thing, like its their entire personality. Feed ya kid and shut up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s such a tired debate - there’s bigger things to worry about in life than how Senga down the road fed her newborn baby (unless she’s blending up a scotch pie 💀).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've already shared this in the meme thread cause I thought the BF debate is over but since it's back...

_20220128_155832.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think people are too hung up on how people feed their babies

No one is so bothered what I eat for lunch so why you care what my baby having :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 14
I think people are too hung up on how people feed their babies

No one is so bothered what I eat for lunch so why you care what my baby having :ROFLMAO:
Clearly you've not been in my office 🤣

But seriously, has there been anyone on this thread who thought one way is the only right way to feed a baby? Cause I just see everyone agreeing with each other that's its personal choice, yet to see a truly unpopular opinion

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Clearly you've not been in my office 🤣

But seriously, has there been anyone on this thread who thought one way is the only right way to feed a baby? Cause I just see everyone agreeing with each other that's its personal choice, yet to see a truly unpopular opinion
One comment above says everyone should at least try as BF is best which I disagree with but guess that's why we are all here 😂

But yes my office is the exact same! Sorry Karen, I don't need you tutting in disgust or passing comment on how if you ate my lunch it'd go straight to your hips. duck off and let me enjoy my dirty lunch while you munch on your miserable looking lettuce 😜

Reactions: 8
I don't give a tit how other people feed their babies. But I don't like people trying to hag off bf mums and calling us werid, alien, show offs or have attachment issues, when most of us just want to give our babies the best most natural start in life. I don't look down on FF mums at all. But I thibk some FF mums are really rude about bf mums because deep down they knew they didnt even try to do what's best for their baby. If they genuinely couldn't bf then why care when people say it's better it whatever.
That sounds super judgey actually. Didn’t even try to do what was best for their baby?! Give it a rest 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 15
One comment above says everyone should at least try as BF is best which I disagree with but guess that's why we are all here 😂

But yes my office is the exact same! Sorry Karen, I don't need you tutting in disgust or passing comment on how if you ate my lunch it'd go straight to your hips. duck off and let me enjoy my dirty lunch while you munch on your miserable looking lettuce 😜
Luckily I work from home but I had the opposite problem when I was going to the office, constant comments about my healthy lunch and why am I not wanting a piece of cake 🤣 Eh because I'm saving my calories for when I go home and can actually enjoy my chocolate in peace without people's tit chat

• Haha
Wow I would hope that is an unpopular opinion! 🙈 I'm first time pregnant and have already opted not to breast feed. Everybody says how hard it is in the beginning and I've witnessed it myself with family members and friends who tried breastfeeding. I have a history of mental health issues, so am worried of the mental tole it will take on me which will in turn affect my ability to look after baby. Breast feeding might have better nutrients but when I weigh it up for me and my family, it isn't the better option for us 😊

ETA honestly I've met far more BF mothers looking down their nose at people who don't BF, than I have met people who think BF is gross
I think most people would agree worrying about your mental health is a pretty good reason to not bf. I'm more talking about people that just don't fancy it.

I think a lot of the argument around bf and FF doesn't so much come from people caring how other people feed their baby. It's become a bit tribal. Negative attitudes from a minority have turned each camp against each other. I think it's also harder somtimes to bond over a shared motherhood experience when you feed differently, because it can be such a different journey. So when you don't have that common ground it then reinforces the "she didn't want to talk to me because she's looking down her nose at me" rhetoric.

THB I just find it a bit sad that our society has created a culture where breastfeeding is often not the automatic go to for feeding a baby. When it's the most natural thing. There is so little support and so little real advice and so little factual stuff about what bf is really like, it's not surprising so many people struggle. And like you said, others see it's hard and a struggle and so then do want to try.

Reactions: 6
Actually everyone has an opinion on what you have for lunch. yesss i have crisps every day with my sammich. duck YOU

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Luckily I work from home but I had the opposite problem when I was going to the office, constant comments about my healthy lunch and why am I not wanting a piece of cake 🤣 Eh because I'm saving my calories for when I go home and can actually enjoy my chocolate in peace without people's tit chat
Yes! If I eat a salad and fruit for lunch I can have all the maltesers with my reality tv binge once I’m home and my bra is off now back off Susan!

• Haha
I think most people would agree worrying about your mental health is a pretty good reason to not bf. I'm more talking about people that just don't fancy it.

I think a lot of the argument around bf and FF doesn't so much come from people caring how other people feed their baby. It's become a bit tribal. Negative attitudes from a minority have turned each camp against each other. I think it's also harder somtimes to bond over a shared motherhood experience when you feed differently, because it can be such a different journey. So when you don't have that common ground it then reinforces the "she didn't want to talk to me because she's looking down her nose at me" rhetoric.

THB I just find it a bit sad that our society has created a culture where breastfeeding is often not the automatic go to for feeding a baby. When it's the most natural thing. There is so little support and so little real advice and so little factual stuff about what bf is really like, it's not surprising so many people struggle. And like you said, others see it's hard and a struggle and so then do want to try.
I keep hearing there isnt support for breastfeeding, and I can believe thats the case for many women. I got inundated with advice and help when I BF though (which I didnt need). When I needed help with my formula fed baby? duck all help. But thats a whole other tangent about women not being listened to by medical professionals 🤣

Reactions: 13
Unfortunately the midwives I'm working with don't deem it a good enough reason 😒 they wouldn't tick no on my form and sent me off with a bag full of paper work to educate myself.... but that's another argument!

I agree society's impact on it is weird. To be honest I think it's strange that it's even a question. People usually hear a child is born and within the first 5 mins you can be guaranteed they'll ask was it a natural or section birth and is the mother breast feeding? Sorry don't understand why whether I pushed the baby out my vagina or not, and whether I'm feeding it from a tit or bottle is any of your bleeping business 🙈

• Heart
Unfortunately the midwives I'm working with don't deem it a good enough reason 😒 they wouldn't tick no on my form and sent me off with a bag full of paper work to educate myself.... but that's another argument!

I agree society's impact on it is weird. To be honest I think it's strange that it's even a question. People usually hear a child is born and within the first 5 mins you can be guaranteed they'll ask was it a natural or section birth and is the mother breast feeding? Sorry don't understand why whether I pushed the baby out my vagina or not, and whether I'm feeding it from a tit or bottle is any of your bleeping business 🙈
They must be on some sort of commission :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I basically got bullied into having the flu jab by a nurse when I had the whooping cough vaccine, she said PREGNANT WOMEN DIE FROM THE FLU YOU KNOW
bleeping hellllllllll

• Wow
They must be on some sort of commission :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I basically got bullied into having the flu jab by a nurse when I had the whooping cough vaccine, she said PREGNANT WOMEN DIE FROM THE FLU YOU KNOW
bleeping hellllllllll
Omg I had the flu jab in pregnancy and bloody ended up with the flu. Id never been so ill! And i couldnt take any proper medicine. Hard times!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I keep hearing there isnt support for breastfeeding, and I can believe thats the case for many women. I got inundated with advice and help when I BF though (which I didnt need). When I needed help with my formula fed baby? duck all help. But thats a whole other tangent about women not being listened to by medical professionals 🤣
Awk just this, after I had just given birth, horrific blood loss, trauma etc etc, I was in no state to BF but my baby was screaming so I said oh I may give them (well my husband) a bottle, so I asked in my drugged out, blood transfusion, machine beeping state "what formula is best?" Well not one ounce of help offered, the midwife said oh we wouldn't be allowed to recommend, just choose one of the pre mades and we'll go with that. No help! No help for formula feeding mums! And of course wrong one, completely disagreed with baby and had that to deal with. Still no help offered.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.