Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Bluey that much it is probably going to out me in real life by having Bandit as my picture.
I urge adults to watch it, the kids are just there to make it look like I’m normal 😐

i think breastfeeding is so divisive it’s just a great topic to argue 😂 and I love a good debate/argument/street fight with the neighbours at 4am

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I seemed to have riled a few with my unpopular opinion. Tbh I wouldn’t go round publicly making mothers feel like tit for not breast feeding, it’s not something I go round preaching about on a daily basis. I have friends who didn’t BF, I never commented on their choices. But this is an unpopular opinions thread. I still stand by my opinion, personally I just don’t get the whole anti BF people. But each to their own 😬

also the poster who said everyone should try it, ME! did also state that a mothers mental and physical health should not be compromised by doing it. My UP is more aimed at those who won’t even consider it and just completely dismiss the idea.
I don't think anyone is anti breastfeeding. If you can and want to BF, fill your boots. The problem is when someone doesn't want to BF for whatever reason. The mother can be made to feel inadequate and letting the baby down. It's bollocks.

Reactions: 16
Midwives must be set targets for getting new mums to breastfeed because I’m sure they don’t care either one way or another in reality.

The midwife at my antenatal clinic was at pains to tell us not to put food in a bottle as she’d had a house visit with a mum who had whizzed up a scotch pie (don’t know if you get them outside Scotland), mixed with milk and fed it to her baby using the bottle.
I've heard of putting rusks in a bottle ,but a scotch pie 🤣 fair play to her 😂 I bet it slept like a log after that feed

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My UP is more aimed at those who won’t even consider it and just completely dismiss the idea.
People like me then? 😂

I’m not riled by your UO, I just don’t see why I should do something I don’t want to do with my own body just because other people tell me I should. I don’t think a single woman in my family breastfed (and guess what, we all turned out pretty healthy) so it’s not too difficult to see why I didn’t want to.

I would’ve probably found it difficult to anyway as I had a traumatic birth. I imagine worrying about my child getting enough milk would have only added to that stress being a new mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My UO is people who post “my UO” because I read it as urban outfitters…

And you just know that would be a pretentious twatwaffle AD campaign.

#MyUO #fuckallthewayoff

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is Anti the new buzzword :oops: seems to me if people make the right choice for them and it's doesn't fall in with someone else's they're branded anti for some bizarre reason . I personally don't care how Mandy two doors down feeds or rears her kids I just want her to extend me the same curtesy without a label attached..(y)

Reactions: 8
Is Anti the new buzzword :oops: seems to me if people make the right choice for them and it's doesn't fall in with someone else's they're branded anti for some bizarre reason . I personally don't care how Mandy two doors down feeds or rears her kids I just want her to extend me the same curtesy without a label attached..(y)
Not at all. I’m not generalising all mothers who don’t BF as anti it . However, there are people out there who are anti it. I’m moving on now…. I said my opinion was unpopular. But it’s seem’s to me unless the majority agree with your unpopular opinion then you are being offensive 😬

I also note that I have not been backed up in my opinion…. Does that mean I win?

Reactions: 3
I'm happy there were no mobile phones or social media when I was a teen, at least you could go out & get trollied without being filmed & put on Facebook
We didn't even have a home phone had to go up the the phone box at rhe end of the road clutching a pile of 10 pees to phone my bf, it always seemed to smell of pee as well 😐

Reactions: 11
Not at all. I’m not generalising all mothers who don’t BF as anti it . However, there are people out there who are anti it. I’m moving on now…. I said my opinion was unpopular. But it’s seem’s to me unless the majority agree with your unpopular opinion then you are being offensive 😬

I also note that I have not been backed up in my opinion…. Does that mean I mean I win?
You win the prize for the most unpopular opinion this week 😂
4FE43F38-44F3-48F0-BBFF-0F00F7ECE1C7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Speaking of UO:
4FD6D54F-BC66-4D7D-9372-040C02A13278.jpeg

Overpriced rubbish. You’d have to sell one of your kidneys on the black market to be able to shop there and don’t get me started on the people who usually work there (don’t come at me if you do 👀👀)

7C79C2AC-6C07-4311-B5EF-4BE36C0E8321.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I've many opinions, you know like this non binary bullshit and people identifying as bin lids. Load of bollocks, just stop it.
I believe this bullshit as you call it has strong links to the burgeoning Frankenstein cosmetic industry and the manipulation of people's brains due to TV, the internet etc. None of this really took off until those Lady Boy programs. Remember them. People nowadays are so easily manipulated. You just have to witness the hysteria & witch hunting on the likes of Twitter. Then the next day another fresh wave of hysterics ensues. Everyone's becoming an acronym. It's the same with all this BDSM bollocks. All after that stupid Fifty Shades of Grey crap. Anyway rant over. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I believe this bullshit as you call it has strong links to the burgeoning Frankenstein cosmetic industry and the manipulation of people's brains due to TV, the internet etc. None of this really took off until those Lady Boy programs. Remember them. People nowadays are so easily manipulated. You just have to witness the hysteria & witch hunting on the likes of Twitter. Then the next day another fresh wave of hysterics ensues. Everyone's becoming an acronym. It's the same with all this BDSM bollocks. All after that stupid Fifty Shades of Grey crap. Anyway rant over. 😆
I do rem the ladies boy programmes, funnily I quite enjoyed them.
It's these very young kids begging for surgery, listen you're 13 you've barely had your period and now you want to be a man. I agree with the manipulation, it's frightening.

Reactions: 17
They were interesting programmes I agree. 😊

And yes it's these really young kids whose parents are social media addicts that worry me. I think they're being exploited. A sort of Munchausen scenario if that makes sense.

Reactions: 6
They were interesting programmes I agree. 😊

And yes it's these really young kids whose parents are social media addicts that worry me. I think they're being exploited. A sort of Munchausen scenario if that makes sense.
Some were beautiful and you could see the poverty so for some it was a means to an end, a way to make ££

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.