Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@BattleAxing @PrincessCharming @Brigitjonesbuttcheek
Thought I'd tag you all rather than quoting individually.
It's just awful, the poor cat must be tormented. This is only what they decided to film (there was three different videos), him drop kicking the cat, chasing it and then catching the cat and slapping it off a table.

I'd be pretty content if the decision around this was that he was never legally allowed to own an animal again, I think they are sending him to some animal shelter to 'get educated' 🙄

Seeing fans willing to defend football players for anything, it's disgusting. Even worse are the scum defending Greenwood.
InNoCeNt uNtIL pRoViNg GuIlTy.
Yes but did you hear the audio 🙄

Reactions: 17
Well it shows dedication to the sport. He will literally practice football with anything.

Obviously I'm joking. It's very strange. But I think maybe some psychological testing and a course in animal cruelty would be more fitting than losing his job.

I just hate this culter of people losing their job over everything. I know what he did was particularly bad. But we've had people lose their jobs over tweets before. Punish people for the crime as per our laws. That's should be enough.
If he loses his job I imagine it will be less about punishment, more about protecting the image of his football club. He kicked a cat "for fun" while being filmed and footballers are public figures. To keep him on the squad, for many - it would be West Ham giving the OK to animal abuse.

Reactions: 9
If he loses his job I imagine it will be less about punishment, more about protecting the image of his football club. He kicked a cat "for fun" while being filmed and footballers are public figures. To keep him on the squad, for many - it would be West Ham giving the OK to animal abuse.
West ham don't care, they played him last night and said they will internally investigate the incident. What is there to investigate, they're just hoping to sweep it under the carpet asap

I show a shocking amount of stupidity. People do not take lightly to animal cruelty. So the fact he filmed it shows he's probably lost most his brain from too many header

You don't duck with cats.

It's just awful, the poor cat must be tormented. This is only what they decided to film (there was three different videos), him drop kicking the cat, chasing it and then catching the cat and slapping it off a table.

I'd be pretty content if the decision around this was that he was never legally allowed to own an animal again, I think they are sending him to some animal shelter to 'get educated' 🙄

Seeing fans willing to defend football players for anything, it's disgusting. Even worse are the scum defending Greenwood.
If he is that comfortable doing that while being filmed. I dread to think what takes place when the camera isn’t filming. That’s my take on things like this.

Should he lose his job? I’m not one for death by social media and cancel culture. However in his case and that of the likes of Greenwood - go for it! Else it does tarnish the reputation of an entire football club. Would anyone else in any other career be comfortable working alongside a rapist or animal abuser?

Last edited:
Wasn’t it on Instagram live
I just looked it up, it was on Snapchat.

If he is that comfortable doing that while being filmed. I dread to think what takes place when the camera isn’t filming. That’s my take on things like this.

Should he lose his job? I’m not one for death by social media and cancel culture. However in his case and that of the likes of Greenwood - go for it! Else it does tarnish the reputation of an entire football club.
As I said I would be pretty happy for him to never be allowed near/own an animal again.
Should he be fired? I don't know. It is animal abuse, depends on how strict the laws in the UK around animal abuse.
I can guarantee if there was a viral video of me kicking a cat and if that got back to my employers I would 100% be fired.
It's West Hams decision, I suppose it'll show how much they value Zouma/their image. I have heard of Zouma before this but I have no idea how good a player he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

I hope that poor cat has been taken off him and he gets a lifetime ban on owning animals of any kind. Scum.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I mean he played last night, so it seems to me West Ham don’t really care - which says a lot about the club. Disgusting behaviour, he should have his pets taken away from him in all honesty. To even upload that shows complete stupidity and lack of self-awareness

I mean he played last night, so it seems to me West Ham don’t really care - which says a lot about the club. Disgusting behaviour, he should have his pets taken away from him in all honesty. To even upload that shows complete stupidity and lack of self-awareness
But that is exactly what should happen, the police should prosecute him and he should do community services and be banned from ever owning a pet, but losing a job that has nothing to do with the crime? I don't understand why that should happen.

Reactions: 3
YOU FORGOT DARIA!
Daria is a bit before my time ;)

The Brits are shite. Bit like the BAFTAs. Does anyone really care, it’s the Emmy and Oscar they’re after.

UO in the clothes shops vein - River Island have no business charging £50 for a kids coat or £35 for boots for a 2 year old. If you shop there for kids full price, you’ve got more money than sense. It’s also very young parents I usually see with kids wearing it too, Instagram has a lot to answer for.
All children’s clothes should be unbranded imo.
I buy most of my clothes from SHEIN now, because it's the only place I can find nice plus size clothes that aren't beige or designed to be as baggy as possible so nobody sees how fat you are. Plus it's cheap and decent quality (some hit and miss ofc but that goes for any online retailer IMO).

I've just spent £100 on kids clothes from there, and I got TWENTY EIGHT ITEMS, and none of it is poor quality at all.

My ex in laws always spent a tit ton of money on Adidas trainers for the kids when they were 2, so they fit for all of 20 minutes. Waste of money.

Thats the only thing i’ve liked About Adele this era
My favourite thing Adele has ever done is that period of 3 years where she didn't release any music ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
If that lady who punched a horse lost her job so should that footballer.
Football seems to be the one of the last places where you can be absolute scum but people still defend you because you are ok at your job or they want their team to win. England’s obsession with football is embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If that lady who punched a horse lost her job so should that footballer.
Football seems to be the one of the last places where you can be absolute scum but people still defend you because you are ok at your job or they want their team to win. England’s obsession with football is embarrassing.
I don't think anyone should lose their job over something that had nothing to do with their work.

I agree about football can't stand it, don't even know who the fella is so my opinion is nothing to do with my love of what he does if the crime is something they should be imprisoned for then that is IMO the only reason to lose a job as you can't do your job then

Reactions: 2
I hope that poor cat has been taken off him and he gets a lifetime ban on owning animals of any kind. Scum.
I agree. I don’t care if he gets the sack or not but he should be punished - it’s animal cruelty and nobody should be exempt from the consequences of it. He kicked that poor cat around like it was a football then had a child hold it up while he smacked it in the face. What does it teach that child if he gets off lightly with this?

I hope he’s never allowed ownership of animals ever again, I dread to think what he does to them that we haven’t seen.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.