Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of different types of humour.

Slapstick is the worst sort of humour there is. You would have to be incredibly simple minded to find it funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Chloe and Halle Bailey ..... sick of sight of them now. The Beyonce connection is forcing them upon us its too much. I also highly dislike Beyonce 😆

Reactions: 15
Home cooked food is overrated. People get so braggy about "cooking from scratch" for no reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
On the subject of different types of humour.

Slapstick is the worst sort of humour there is. You would have to be incredibly simple minded to find it funny.
I would say American humour is the worst. There is no subtlety. There's hits you over the head and explain it to you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Somewhere Over The Rainbow is one of the most overrated songs ever. I absolutely hate it. So dreary.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Somewhere Over The Rainbow is one of the most overrated songs ever. I absolutely hate it. So dreary.
i hate ABBA Dancing Queen ! another over rated song...i don't actually know how anyone dances to it ! nothing gets me off a dancefloor quicker...(well maybe somebody elses Guy !)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm sick of being expected to feel sorry for the unending trials and tribulations of multi millionaire celebrities as they beat their chests at the insufferable cruelty of their lives. I don't give a flying duck how hard you think you have it. At all. In fact if you think being rich and famous puts you under pressure, scrutiny or unfair comments, give all your cash to me or someone else who needs it. Problem solved! Now shut the duck up.

I'm looking at you Price Harry, Megs and Wayne Rooney. And any others of the same ilk.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
My UO: My least favourite phrase EVER when a woman gets pregnant, particularly out of wedlock, is the response "oh... She trapped him!".... How do you know? Did you see her put a pin in the condom or deliberately not take her pill? Why is it never the man who has trapped the woman? Why could it not be planned just because they aren't married? Why could it not just be an accident? It is the rudest phrase I've ever heard and I hate it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
American sitcoms are usually pish…Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory. What the duck is with all the shouting?
I can’t bare American sitcoms, I think I’ve said this on these threads before but its all the canned laughter - a character only has to pick an object up or pull a face and they stick that dreadful laughter over it. American canned laughter is also OTT, loud and sounds false unlike British canned laughter. I find American humour very wank.

I don’t see the sudden fascination over the past couple of years with Friends either. Tacky Friends merch everywhere I look! Even baby grows.
Who is buying the crap?

Extremely overrated to me. I was a DC fan the original 4 but it was always the beyonce show.
I was a DC fan too, Beyoncé’s father was the manager at one stage I believe so he obviously pushed her to the forefront. She wasn’t even the best singer of the group I always thought Kelly Rowland had a better voice and was prettier. I just don’t get this icon status she has nowadays.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My UO: My least favourite phrase EVER when a woman gets pregnant, particularly out of wedlock, is the response "oh... She trapped him!".... How do you know? Did you see her put a pin in the condom or deliberately not take her pill? Why is it never the man who has trapped the woman? Why could it not be planned just because they aren't married? Why could it not just be an accident? It is the rudest phrase I've ever heard and I hate it!
Its unfortunate but I have met several women who have trapped their partners this way. Either because they really want a baby and their partner has told them they aren’t ready or they think it will make their partner propose. I’m sorry to say I think it’s more common than most people think

Reactions: 18
Its unfortunate but I have met several women who have trapped their partners this way. Either because they really want a baby and their partner has told them they aren’t ready or they think it will make their partner propose. I’m sorry to say I think it’s more common than most people think
How many people? How do you know they "trapped" them? I'm aware it happens but I think it's the rudest assumption to make about a couple someone may know duck all about! And it is also possible for a man to "trap" a woman but nobody ever assumes that

Reactions: 21
How many people? How do you know they "trapped" them? I'm aware it happens but I think it's the rudest assumption to make about a couple someone may know duck all about! And it is also possible for a man to "trap" a woman but nobody ever assumes that
I knew a couple where the husband kept hiding her pills. He wanted to keep her trapped with kids, she didnt want any. They have 1 kid now and she'll never leave him despite their awful marriage.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I don't think a child holds a relationship together unless it's longstanding and they eventually go their seperate ways once the children are grown .

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.