Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole mum/dad thing has been blown out of proportion as usual. It’s only to prevent upsetting kids that aren’t from a traditional household and may live with grandparents/with foster carers or have parents that have died or are in prison etc.

Primaries use the term grown ups and secondaries use the term parents/carers. It’s not taking away anything from biological parents and those that suggest it is are being ridiculous.

Schools have been using these terms for YEARS but one article online and everyone loses their tit.
It must be an English thing they still refer to parents as parents where I am ,it's still very much a parents meeting not a grown up meeting ,that's a completely different meaning here 😂

Reactions: 4
I don’t even understand the outrage. Twitter has been going mad. Quite amusing 😅

The whole mum/dad thing has been blown out of proportion as usual. It’s only to prevent upsetting kids that aren’t from a traditional household and may live with grandparents/with foster carers or have parents that have died or are in prison etc.

Primaries use the term grown ups and secondaries use the term parents/carers. It’s not taking away anything from biological parents and those that suggest it is are being ridiculous.

Schools have been using these terms for YEARS but one article online and everyone loses their tit.
I’ve never heard the term grown ups being used at school, not for me, my kids who are in their 20s nor my youngest in high school.

Parents/carers it’s always been. To say grown ups is ridiculous IMO, grown ups to a child are adults. Not the adult people who care for them.

‘Can you all go home and give this letter to your grown ups please? Sounds wrong.

I know family dynamics have changed over the years, but bring an extra term in, don’t get rid of a term which is correct and makes sense!

And I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but don’t get me started on the term ‘people who menstruate’. ONLY a woman can menstruate.
Call yourself what you want, but if you have periods, you’re a woman. A man cannot menstruate 🙄

(I understand some woman don’t menstruate so don’t go there)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t even understand the outrage. Twitter has been going mad. Quite amusing 😅
They're going mad in Ireland apparently ,over a Peppa Pig goes to Ireland book ,because Peppa is wearing and doing tradional Irish things .I'd like to know how else the reader is supposed to know she's in Ireland then 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve never heard the term grown ups being used at school, not for me, my kids who are in their 20s nor my youngest in high school.

Parents/carers it’s always been. To say grown ups is ridiculous IMO, grown ups to a child are adults. Not the adult people who care for them.

‘Can you all go home and give this letter to your grown ups please? Sounds wrong.

I know family dynamics have changed over the years, but bring an extra term in, don’t get rid of a term which is correct and makes sense!
I think it’s more of a primary school thing. Can’t imagine parents/carers/guardians being used in a primary school. I am not speaking from experience here just what primary teachers have said.

In secondaries it’s been parents/carers for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: 1
I mean.. humans having a right to go in the sea is a strange statement. The sea and sealife dont give a duck about our perceived rights.

Reactions: 9
They're going mad in Ireland apparently ,over a Peppa Pig goes to Ireland book ,because Peppa is wearing and doing tradional Irish things .I'd like to know how else the reader is supposed to know she's in Ireland then 😂
Oh dear I hadn’t heard of that. Why do traditions get confused with stereotypes and why is it offensive anyway?!?!

This is a really unpopular opinion I understand but in regards to the recent shark attack that happened in Sydney the other day.

I've seen a lot of comments saying the sea is for the shark and it's the risk we take going in the sea. I've unfortunately watched the video and it's horrific for the poor guy. Yes he was foolish to swim in a wetsuit next to some fisherman over a deep sea shelf but I do believe people have a right to go swimming on beaches all over the world without having to worry about getting mauled by a shark. Anyone who's seen the video would know how vicious that shark was and apparently it's rare that they eat humans and actually attack them but what that great white did to the swimmer was vicious and whilst I don't agree it or other sharks should be killed, I do agree and am for countries having nets and various other things in place around beaches so that people can swim safely without having to worry about being attacked and I disagree that it's a sharksland - we also have a right, especially hot countries to have a soak along a beachline and be safe. The reason I say all of this is cos that man was futher out to sea and not within the actual beach waterline but if that shark managed to get where the swimmer was, it surely is quite possible for the GW to swim towards the beachline where people and children are innocently having a swim? And it's well known that sharks have attacked people on beaches and in mere inches of water.
That’s unfortunate but I wouldn’t blame the shark, it has no choice but to live in the water the swimmer has a choice to enter it.

Reactions: 12
I saw that, absolutely pathetic some people are 😂
They should try reading Peppa Pig goes to Liverpool.
I bought it and the pages had all been stolen!
(joking of course I’m from Merseyside

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh dear I hadn’t heard of that. Why do traditions get confused with stereotypes and why is it offensive anyway?!?!
Because the characters aren’t Irish and shouldn’t be playing a fiddle or Irish dancing 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don't really understand how it's strange? Everyone goes to the beach and into the sea, especially in a hot country like Australia. We also have a right to go in and have fun or cool off or surf or whatever without getting hurt or attacked. If you choose to venture out miles in to the deep sea then yeah I say that's at your own risk, but sharks have been known to come right to the beach and attack people. Whos to say that shark couldn't have swam right to the beachline as I heard there wasn't netting in place at that bay.
Surely this is a joke 😂… it’s a fish it wouldn’t understand it has to keep a certain distance.

Because the characters aren’t Irish and shouldn’t be playing a fiddle or Irish dancing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Surely this is a joke 😂… it’s a fish it wouldn’t understand it has to keep a certain distance.
They might not be Irish but when in Rome?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't really understand how it's strange? Everyone goes to the beach and into the sea, especially in a hot country like Australia. We also have a right to go in and have fun or cool off or surf or whatever without getting hurt or attacked. If you choose to venture out miles in to the deep sea then yeah I say that's at your own risk, but sharks have been known to come right to the beach and attack people. Whos to say that shark couldn't have swam right to the beachline as I heard there wasn't netting in place at that bay.
I think you are here to troll. Nobody surely can really be this stupid 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I mean.. humans having a right to go in the sea is a strange statement. The sea and sealife dont give a duck about our perceived rights.
i can’t even be bothered reading half of that post 😂😂
I’m assuming it’s a troll post because, for my own sanity I can’t be dealing with the thoughts of being on a site that wants to control wildlife so humans can swim in peace.
That’s some bullshit I’m not willing to entertain.

I think you are here to troll. Nobody surely can really be this stupid 👀
Im glad it’s not just me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nope. I think you need to read the thread title, it's called an "unpopular opinion"... My point is people are saying there shouldn't be deterrents in the sea and sharks should be free to roam but I disagree with that, people should at least be able to have a dip in the beach line part of the water and be able to go in safely.
UO ..I don't think an animal should be taken away from it's natural habitat to accommodate people tbh .

They might not be Irish but when in Rome?
Picture the outcry if they handed her a pint of Guinness :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

oh ffs 80% of it is banter!!!! Daily Mail being the daily Mail as usual….

CAB9233D-A806-4193-80A3-F4731B09EACE.jpeg
808D48F6-C572-4BBF-8C7C-A476FF14469F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Jellyfish! Jellyfish should be banned from the sea 🐳
Yes! and those fish that look like stones and poison you, Down with them, Ban the sneaky fuckers

. I almost drowned once due to a riptide and I'm a strong swimmer ban riptides I say! The sea, mountains, caves etc can be dangerous, its a chance we take when doing anything. It's not like there are no skimming pools. maybe all beaches should have swimming pools for those people who are worried

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.