Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's very strange how most of these street dogs are very small and cute, isn't it?
I didn't think anything of it until a friend adopted one after the other, 4 cute little Romanian dogs who have cost her an absolute fortune in vet bills and so she is forever fundraising etc to get these dogs better,.
She used to be a big voice in groups I am in and has written many books on something I am interested in but now it's all about these ill and disabled dogs. they only have to jump on a sofa and have a busted leg.

IMO these are not street dogs but from a puppy farm and are overbred and bred to each other. causing weakness and deformity One of her dogs has deformed front legs and he has become her mission in life and needs thousands and thousands to get his operations.
I suspect most of these so-called street dogs are from actual puppy farms so good old dog lovers keeping puppy farms going. For each dog rehomed from another country another here doesn't get rehomed so you are not saving a dog just saving one while condemning another.

Strange how everytime a charity is set up to help someone or something that thing gets worse.. Without fail it gets worse. Im shocked that there are so many rescue places now, its out of control. Surely people must see that? In the time these have been going there should be no more street dogs as the money also supposedly goes into neutering those who cannot be rehomed. and yet the business grows and grows
People are weird with dogs. Put them down for fucks sake. The dog doesn't know why it's having ops. All it knows is pain and misery. The kind thing is to put it down. Its a dog not a person.

People getting all soppy with dogs is why there are so many rescue homes. Because they won't put them down. It's crule to make an animal whivh should be a pet or working dog to live caged up in a shelter.

I saw a super vet and the dog had been hit by a car. The guy had the option of cut the leg off or multiple ops and rehab to save the leg. He put the poor dog through all the pain and ops, then they had to cut the leg off anyway. Dogs are perfectly happy with a leg off. You shouldn't be allowed to put an animal through invasive or unnecessary medical treatments. People have gone mental with it.

Reactions: 18
It annoys me when people put human attributes onto animals. They are not like us and do not have the same emotional capacity as us.

When you see articles online about a dog being put down because it has maimed or even worse killed a child, I hate seeing the plentiful comments akin to “aww poor dog, it didn’t need to be put down” or “there are no bad dogs, only bad owners” or even worse, I’ve seen “I wonder what the child did to provoke it”. These statements get on my wick… and are usually from those “bad owners”… yes there are bad dogs! The usual breeds in the articles have gone through decades of selective breeding to make them menacing and aggressive. And yes, I think any dog which kills or maims a human or other animal should be put to sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It annoys me when people put human attributes onto animals. They are not like us and do not have the same emotional capacity as us.

When you see articles online about a dog being put down because it has maimed or even worse killed a child, I hate seeing the plentiful comments akin to “aww poor dog, it didn’t need to be put down” or “there are no bad dogs, only bad owners” or even worse, I’ve seen “I wonder what the child did to provoke it”. These statements get on my wick… and are usually from those “bad owners”… yes there are bad dogs! The usual breeds in the articles have gone through decades of selective breeding to make them menacing and aggressive. And yes, I think any dog which kills or maims a human or other animal should be put to sleep.
Can we do the same with humans? Surely if they maim and kill they should be put down.
I agree there are no bad parents just bad people

Reactions: 8
Can we do the same with humans? Surely if they maim and kill they should be put down.
I agree there are no bad parents just bad people
I think there should be a lot tougher action taken for sure , after reading another horrific story of abuse yesterday the perpetrators should have the same treatment dished out to them ,not a cushy prison cell.

Reactions: 10
Don’t know how people would feel about this, I know in my sons school they never did Father’s Day cards and had stopped doing Mother’s Day too, although I don’t know if it was just because of the pandemic.
D6B81D9A-0A99-4ED7-B5A0-3A4C32050EEE.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Don’t know how people would feel about this, I know in my sons school they never did Father’s Day cards and had stopped doing Mother’s Day too, although I don’t know if it was just because of the pandemic.View attachment 1075608
I hate articles like this because they're designed to make the public feel like every school is doing this to be woke, when in reality it's because we live in a world where kids aren't just raised by mum and dad, and "grown-up" is a good umbrella term to refer to grandparents, foster parents, legal guardians, etc.

Reactions: 15

We put one of ours down after he went for my brother. He was about 7 and had cancer.

I hate articles like this because they're designed to make the public feel like every school is doing this to be woke, when in reality it's because we live in a world where kids aren't just raised by mum and dad, and "grown-up" is a good umbrella term to refer to grandparents, foster parents, legal guardians, etc.
Yeah the traditional family is becoming less of a thing although I’d hope it’s only staff expected to use the term and the kids able to refer to their guardians in whatever term they choose and they wouldn’t be corrected for it.

Reactions: 9
I would be furious if I was referred to by my children as a grown up. I am a mother and their Mammy and that’s that. I understand the need to be more encompassing and sensitive to some children who may not have a traditional style family but it is absolutely and inherently wrong in my opinion to make those that do feel that they are somehow wrong for it. I would expect that they could refer to their caregivers as whatever they were happy with.

Reactions: 15
There’s lots of kids call their caregivers mum / dad should it be the grandparents or other family members, kinship care is a big thing now there’s nothing wrong with that as long as all parties are happy with it.

Reactions: 4
I bloody love bluey. Excellent show.

It is the best kids show ever!!!
My little girl has started calling everyone "mate" now.

Not all babies/kids are cute. I am sick and tired of people bringing in their kids to work meetings and expect the whole group to go goo goo ga ga over how cute the tiny humans are. Some of them, I find are cute kids, but most of them aren’t! And if you don’t drop everything to comment on how cute the kid is, you come off as a proper witch. I just don’t like children that much lol.
Note: I was a proper ugly child with a bowl cut. And I do compliment kids when they are actually cute/nice/etc.
I fond it really awkward on here, on another thread there was discussion about an 'influencer' who has just had a baby. And there was some talk about how the baby of said influencer looks like, and then a poster decided to post a picture of her own kid- quite obviously because she thinks her own kid is cuter than the influencers kid, and no doubt because she wanted people to also comment about how cute her own kid is.

I mean, of course all parents believe their own sprog is the most beautiful/kind/funny/special little thing in the whole world (im also guilty of this!) but i just found it a bit odd.

Not all babies/kids are cute. I am sick and tired of people bringing in their kids to work meetings and expect the whole group to go goo goo ga ga over how cute the tiny humans are. Some of them, I find are cute kids, but most of them aren’t! And if you don’t drop everything to comment on how cute the kid is, you come off as a proper witch. I just don’t like children that much lol.
Note: I was a proper ugly child with a bowl cut. And I do compliment kids when they are actually cute/nice/etc.
I found it really awkward on here, on another thread there was discussion about an 'influencer' who has just had a baby. And there was some talk about how the baby of said influencer looks like, and then a poster decided to post a picture of her own kid- quite obviously because she thinks her own kid is cuter than the influencers kid, and no doubt because she wanted people to also comment about how cute her own kid is.

I mean, of course all parents believe their own sprog is the most beautiful/kind/funny/special little thing in the whole world (im also guilty of this!) but i just found it a bit odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yeah the traditional family is becoming less of a thing although I’d hope it’s only staff expected to use the term and the kids able to refer to their guardians in whatever term they choose and they wouldn’t be corrected for it.
You've hit the nail on the head. Kids aren't being told "you can't call your dad Dad", and if they are it's a VERY small percentage of schools.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with using grown ups when addressing parents/carers in general. But if it's use is still required when speaking to individuals or when the kids are speaking - it becomes a bit language police.

Reactions: 2
You can't say that ur trans and not try and make an effort to look like the gender you want to be 🤦‍♀️ like I've seen so many girls who say their boys while still dressing and acting the exact same as they were before and vice versa and that's just attention seeking

Reactions: 10
You've hit the nail on the head. Kids aren't being told "you can't call your dad Dad", and if they are it's a VERY small percentage of schools.
Well I’d hope not ,kids call their grown ups different things, it’s just what they feel comfortable with and it’s not that big a deal (for me) my son has taken to calling me mother and It’s giving me Norman Bates vibes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Don’t know how people would feel about this, I know in my sons school they never did Father’s Day cards and had stopped doing Mother’s Day too, although I don’t know if it was just because of the pandemic.View attachment 1075608
When I went to school ( 100 years ago lol) we did both Mothers and Fathers Day cards, and the Harvest Festival. All dying out at schools now, I suppose....

Reactions: 5
When I went to school ( 100 years ago lol) we did both Mothers and Fathers Day cards, and the Harvest Festival. All dying out at schools now, I suppose....
They do general celebratory cards but not gender focused, I remember a few years ago my friend phoned to ask did my son make a Father’s Day card, she’s a single parent and thought that was the reason her daughter didn’t make one, but the school never made Father’s Day cards only Mother’s Day at that time.I suppose some people are more focused if they fall into a category.

You can't say that ur trans and not try and make an effort to look like the gender you want to be 🤦‍♀️ like I've seen so many girls who say their boys while still dressing and acting the exact same as they were before and vice versa and that's just attention seeking
It makes me laugh when people say no one would transition when they don't have gender disphoria. You only have to do a few internet searches or go on twitter to be able to see that there are lots of people doing it for lots of reasons, attention seeking is a big one, smashing women in sports, claiming victim status, getting into women spaces.

No one would go through transition surgery without some sort of disphoria or autogenaphillia, but you don't have to have surgery to be trans. Doesn't really take that much commitment to dress up as the opposite sex, some of them don't even bother to shave their beards.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The whole mum/dad thing has been blown out of proportion as usual. It’s only to prevent upsetting kids that aren’t from a traditional household and may live with grandparents/with foster carers or have parents that have died or are in prison etc.

Primaries use the term grown ups and secondaries use the term parents/carers. It’s not taking away anything from biological parents and those that suggest it is are being ridiculous.

Schools have been using these terms for YEARS but one article online and everyone loses their tit.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.