Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given that you’ve now got to give way to pedestrians waiting to cross if the pedestrians are just loitering having a conversation you should be legally allowed to run them over.
Especially the old people loitering! Run them over!!

Also old people loitering in supermarket aisles 🙄😑

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yip, this is a proper UO. I love a boardgame as long as it's not monopoly (boring) or scrabble (just as boring)

The UK is over populated. There should be some lottery system as to who is allowed to have kids and/or be allowed to settle and become British citizens. A one in one out system for immigration also seems a good idea
I don’t agree with the lottery system for who has children as that is unfair. However I do believe the asylum seeker situation has gotten ridiculous. Several “safe” countries have to be crossed to get here for a start and if they were legit trying to flee from trouble then surely they would be OK to the first ones they get to. Anyone seen trying to cross via a dinghy should be turnt back and sent to the safe country they are trying to come from. How this goes completely unchecked is scary.

I like a good board game - Trivial Pursuit is my favourite and a family tradition at Christmas for us. I don’t think I could play them all the time though. Don’t mind Scrabble when it doesn’t get stupid. Can’t bare Monopoly.

Mostly uttered when discussing murdered women, trans issues, racism but I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing or reading “there needs to be a conversation..” and “the narrative”. The new language of The Woke. It’s like the new “LOL”.

Reactions: 17
Mostly uttered when discussing murdered women, trans issues, racism but I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing or reading “there needs to be a conversation..” and “the narrative”. The new language of The Woke. It’s like the new “LOL”.
As bad as " lessons will be learned" etc 😖

In the same vein as "have a conversation" I'm fed up of hearing about "community coming together" "community solutions". It's been annoying me for YEARS.

It is absolutely meaningless and is wheeled out when everyone with any sense knows a problem has gone way beyond an easy fix, and no one wants to tackle it with hard, often painful solutions and say stuff that will likely go down like a lead balloon 🎈.

• Heart
This may be based purely on my local demographic but people that jump on the ‘doing (inset whatever really unpopular hinderance to the local community is) for the greater good seem to normally have a spouse that’s having extra curricular activities. The ‘champions’ 🤮 of my local ‘car free/litter free/plant up/glow up/bike up, bollocks are all overly pushy and patronising but everyone knows their husband or wife is shagging Jane or Jim @ No. 53 and scoring drugs off the local dealer. Pushing for something that the vast majority of the community hates doesn’t make you brave or groundbreaking. It makes you an ignorant twit who thinks you know better and you deserve all that you have coming to you.

Reactions: 4
Mediocre men becoming award winning women is a slap to the face to actual women.

It is absolutely hideous that men who went through male puberty and barely take hormones can participate and become the main focus in women’s sports. Yet the actual women who speak out are targeted as bigots.

My feminism will never include men, especially men in skirts who steal even more resources and titles from actual women. They should be ashamed of themselves. It’s just once again another case of men just trying to prove they’re better than women and barging into our spaces and screaming bigot, witch or TERF anytime a woman tries to speak against it. Erasure of women is very real

XY chromosome horrors.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Wierdly seems to have become a #trend 😣
It's very strange how most of these street dogs are very small and cute, isn't it?
I didn't think anything of it until a friend adopted one after the other, 4 cute little Romanian dogs who have cost her an absolute fortune in vet bills and so she is forever fundraising etc to get these dogs better,.
She used to be a big voice in groups I am in and has written many books on something I am interested in but now it's all about these ill and disabled dogs. they only have to jump on a sofa and have a busted leg.

IMO these are not street dogs but from a puppy farm and are overbred and bred to each other. causing weakness and deformity One of her dogs has deformed front legs and he has become her mission in life and needs thousands and thousands to get his operations.
I suspect most of these so-called street dogs are from actual puppy farms so good old dog lovers keeping puppy farms going. For each dog rehomed from another country another here doesn't get rehomed so you are not saving a dog just saving one while condemning another.

Strange how everytime a charity is set up to help someone or something that thing gets worse.. Without fail it gets worse. Im shocked that there are so many rescue places now, its out of control. Surely people must see that? In the time these have been going there should be no more street dogs as the money also supposedly goes into neutering those who cannot be rehomed. and yet the business grows and grows

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It's very strange how most of these street dogs are very small and cute, isn't it?
I didn't think anything of it until a friend adopted one after the other, 4 cute little Romanian dogs who have cost her an absolute fortune in vet bills and so she is forever fundraising etc to get these dogs better,.
She used to be a big voice in groups I am in and has written many books on something I am interested in but now it's all about these ill and disabled dogs. they only have to jump on a sofa and have a busted leg.

IMO these are not street dogs but from a puppy farm and are overbred and bred to each other. causing weakness and deformity One of her dogs has deformed front legs and he has become her mission in life and needs thousands and thousands to get his operations.
I suspect most of these so-called street dogs are from actual puppy farms so good old dog lovers keeping puppy farms going. For each dog rehomed from another country another here doesn't get rehomed so you are not saving a dog just saving one while condemning another.

Strange how everytime a charity is set up to help someone or something that thing gets worse.. Without fail it gets worse. Im shocked that there are so many rescue places now, its out of control. Surely people must see that? In the time these have been going there should be no more street dogs as the money also supposedly goes into neutering those who cannot be rehomed. and yet the business grows and grows
You absolutely seem to have it sussed. I've never heard of a charity closing because the cause has been resolved. Root cause needs investigating but now it seems to be the latest status symbol to have a Romanian dog. Meanwhile the problem gets worse. Everything humans touch turns to tit because MONEY 😩

Reactions: 10
You absolutely seem to have it sussed. I've never heard of a charity closing because the cause has been resolved. Root cause needs investigating but now it seems to be the latest status symbol to have a Romanian dog. Meanwhile the problem gets worse. Everything humans touch turns to tit because MONEY 😩
People love to tell others how they rescued an animal, extra kudos if it's from another country.
I rehomed my beloved dog. he was the most loved beastie ever he came complete with 1000s of £ of equipment and a freezer full of raw food, including such things as saddlebags, and toys to make his food and treat last longer. Flirtpoles I made for him as my health deteriorated and I could no longer take him for long walks

The lady and family I rehomed him with literally held me as I sobbed my heart out and watched me sit in my car crying. So to see on FB a few weeks later her post a photo of my amazing dog and people saying awww your new dog and her saying "yes I rescued him, his owner didnt know how to look after a dog done all the wrong things. She is now after a cat" I always have cats, my beautiful boy's best friends were the cats who washed him daily
Why would you feel the need to lie like that The fact is she got a beautifully trained dog for free and I travelled 60miles twice because they didnt drive. why not post how lucky she felt why lie so you can feel important.

UO
No one really cares if you put the word rescue in front of your animals name.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
UO - Shakespeare's old English should not to be used to perform (or taught at school).
Just tell the play/story in understandable language!

And why the hype which famous actor leads Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello or Richard III, just act!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
UO - Shakespeare's old language should not to be used to perform (or taught at school).
It's odd they use the Elizabethan language yet have costumes from different time periods to that.

I’ve noticed a number of “rescue centres” in this country too operating the same way with regard to “unwanted litters of small designer and pedigree breeds” conveniently finding their way into them. Often in rotation and market value usually being charged for them, instead of the usual “rescue price”. It was rumoured that Merseyside (which I believe is now closed down or operating under another name) were doing just this and it wouldn’t shock me in the slightest if these “overseas” adoption places operated like this on a larger scale.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
UO - Shakespeare's old English should not to be used to perform (or taught at school).
UO: people are getting stupider and stupider these days

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.