Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t care how you feed your baby. However if you sit out in a cafe/restaurant and literally get half undressed and sit there with your boobs hanging out then you’re just looking for attention so you can post a gripe on Fb. Usually about an older person “who iS a KaReN”. You can breast feed a baby in public without anyone knowing you’re doing it. I managed
Just as an anecdote. Breast fed my first, my other 2 were bottle. The eldest has a tit immune system, has been ill most of her life. Has no end of ear problems. Other 2. Hardly ever sick and as robust as an ox. Go figure 🤷‍♀️
My kids, same anecdote. One is a germ magnet and always poorly. Other is rarely ill!

Reactions: 6
To me breast vs bottle is like tap vs bottled water.

One is sort of free (dont come at me i know we do pay for tap water but you don't have to pay up front) and the other you have to buy.
One is there on demand the other you have to prepare/store etc.
One doesn't come in packaging the other does.

And at the end of the day one is a heavily up-priced version of the other in loads of packaging that can't be recycled etc.

If I had a baby I would be breast feeding because I'm happy with tap water and I'm too lazy/cheap to formula feed.
Didn’t you know bottled waters full of salt 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
These were 100% my reasons for doing it. It doesn’t actually matter as long as the baby gets fed something suitable.
I've seen women really struggling with breast feeding. Their nipples are sore, they are literally producing water and the baby is miserable and yet they till persist on trying to BF the baby. Just give them a bottle of formula for goodness sake. :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've seen women really struggling with breast feeding. Their nipples are sore, they are literally producing water and the baby is miserable and yet they till persist on trying to BF the baby. Just give them a bottle of formula for goodness sake. :mad:
That's exactly like the woman next to me when I had my last child ,the baby cried non stop ,she was crying non stop I think the midwife was even crying by the time I left 😂 I was glad to get out of there with my ready made formula of Cow and Gate ...Oh ! and the baby of course .

Reactions: 11
That's exactly like the woman next to me when I had my last child ,the baby cried non stop ,she was crying non stop I think the midwife was even crying by the time I left 😂 I was glad to get out of there with my ready made formula of Cow and Gate ...Oh ! and the baby of course .
Many moons ago my Mum had a little part time job at the Blockbuster (told you it was a long time ago) store and a lady came in, picked up a video and left. A few minutes later my mum heard a baby crying. As there was no on in the shop she went off to investigate and found a brand new baby in a pram in the aisle were the lady had been. Mum took the baby behind the counter and looked after it and was about to call the lady when she came tearing in, in floods of tears. In her sleep deprived, hormonal state she had literally forgotten she had a baby and just walked out.

Mum ended up making her tea and trying to console her that she wasn't a terrible mother.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
to be fair I see many many more posts/threads on those who are complaining about BF than I see those boasting that they BF.

I don't have any skin in this game my youngest is in her 40s. Having babies in the 70s was interesting, got told a few times that I was unnatural because I didn't bottle feed had a few nurses roll their eyes at me Ahhhh fashion and trends will always have others judging. This is why if I had my life over I would just say duck it a lot. duck it, I will do as I please and don't give a tit what others think.

Crunchy can do one. you didn't invent any of it, so don't act like you did just get on with it.
My ma wouldn't have had enough boobs to feed all us 😂 7 kids close in age and washing out crappy nappies non stop .

Many moons ago my Mum had a little part time job at the Blockbuster (told you it was a long time ago) store and a lady came in, picked up a video and left. A few minutes later my mum heard a baby crying. As there was no on in the shop she went off to investigate and found a brand new baby in a pram in the aisle were the lady had been. Mum took the baby behind the counter and looked after it and was about to call the lady when she came tearing in, in floods of tears. In her sleep deprived, hormonal state she had literally forgotten she had a baby and just walked out.

Mum ended up making her tea and trying to console her that she wasn't a terrible mother.
The pressure is real there's nothing worse than running on empty .I think people see having a baby as just dressing them up in nice clothes ..if only . I bet that chance encounter helped that woman no end too some people have no support at all and just have to soldier on .

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Same on the ward I was on. Lady opposite, overheard her, she was stubbornly adamant she wanted to soley breastfeed despite her milk not coming in yet and being advised at one point she could top up if she wanted to. That baby didn’t stop crying to the point the midwives were taking the baby off the ward and into the bay at night, just so everyone else could get some kip. I was hoping they were secretly topping the baby up with formula, the poor thing sounded distressed and hungry. Breast isn’t always best and most babies I’ve seen that are soley breastfed look a bit fragile and sickly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve breast fed and bottle fed. I know I’m a literal hero who has fed a baby!! Anyway the main advantage to breast fed once it’s established as those in the know say is that you can immediately shut your baby up by sticking your boob in its mouth and watch a bit of telly or whatever. Oh and no washing up!

Reactions: 13
I’ve breast fed and bottle fed. I know I’m a literal hero who has fed a baby!! Anyway the main advantage to breast fed once it’s established as those in the know say is that you can immediately shut your baby up by sticking your boob in its mouth and watch a bit of telly or whatever. Oh and no washing up!
That's what dummies are for ...a whole new argument 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Now you're going into seriously dangerous territory ... 🤣

I don't have a problem with dummies generally until I see them being used on toddlers. Then the parents need to get a grip.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think we see more “negative” posts about breastfeeding on this thread because say it anywhere else and someone will jump in and try and knock you out with a EE/DD boob 😐

At least here when someone tries to attack with their udders and squirt nutritious tit water in your face you can go “it’s my opinion” 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What’s more ironic is that is was you moaning about other peoples UO in the last thread. 💀

Didn’t you get your knickers into a knot over UO on suicide and tasting one’s own breast milk? 🤔 💀
I guess you don’t understand the difference between disagreeing and moaning. But I can link you to an online dictionary if needs be 😁

But isn't that how the thread works? We post an UO and some hit the spot and a discussion follows?
No the person actually conplained that others had an opinion. And said, I’m paraphrasing here, nobody should have an opinion on it

Reactions: 1

My baby spat hers out at 3-4 months and never took it again. Highly inconvenient because it helped her to sleep. Also refused a bottle around then (combi fed from day 1 but had to stop bottle for few weeks) and now I’m stuck with a 1 year old that I can’t leave for more than 4-5 hours because she refuses any kind of cup etc except a straw that mostly goes down herself. Also won’t sleep without boob. I absolutely battled to breastfeed (I’d try anything to avoid her dad’s eczema) and now I’m utterly trapped by it. If I want to break the cycle I have to cause some serious distress which naturally I don’t want to do. It’s easier in many ways, for holidays etc and I’m not a BF warrior or flop a tit out person. But, no one tells you about the stopping it or being trapped by it.
If there’s a second time around baby will be 50/50 for sure.
So basically, doing one doesn’t make you a non supporter of the other like people (not here) seem to make out. Sometimes it’s circumstance

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My baby spat hers out at 3-4 months and never took it again. Highly inconvenient because it helped her to sleep. Also refused a bottle around then (combi fed from day 1 but had to stop bottle for few weeks) and now I’m stuck with a 1 year old that I can’t leave for more than 4-5 hours because she refuses any kind of cup etc except a straw that mostly goes down herself. Also won’t sleep without boob. I absolutely battled to breastfeed (I’d try anything to avoid her dad’s eczema) and now I’m utterly trapped by it. If I want to break the cycle I have to cause some serious distress which naturally I don’t want to do. It’s easier in many ways, for holidays etc and I’m not a BF warrior or flop a tit out person. But, no one tells you about the stopping it or being trapped by it.
If there’s a second time around baby will be 50/50 for sure.
So basically, doing one doesn’t make you a non supporter of the other like people (not here) seem to make out. Sometimes it’s circumstance
The best piece of advice I was ever given is make the baby fit in with your lifestyle not the other way around , sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind .Children get over their comforts quicker than you think it’s mum guilt that’s harder to swollow.

Reactions: 13
This may be unpopular but I honestly don’t know how people parent without dummies 🤣 Mine are 10 and 7 now but they both had dummies and most of the time they’d stop crying if they had them. I was lucky they gave them up pretty easily but I still miss the days of being able to plug them in 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm sick of being expected to feel sorry for the unending trials and tribulations of multi millionaire celebrities as they beat their chests at the insufferable cruelty of their lives. I don't give a flying duck how hard you think you have it. At all. In fact if you think being rich and famous puts you under pressure, scrutiny or unfair comments, give all your cash to me or someone else who needs it. Problem solved! Now shut the duck up.

I'm looking at you Price Harry, Megs and Wayne Rooney. And any others of the same ilk.
Hehe. Lifestyles of the Rich & the Famous by Good Charlotte expresses your sentiments exactly.

Reactions: 4
I think we see more “negative” posts about breastfeeding on this thread because say it anywhere else and someone will jump in and try and knock you out with a EE/DD boob 😐

At least here when someone tries to attack with their udders and squirt nutritious tit water in your face you can go “it’s my opinion” 😐
This!
I’m glad someone’s said it! 😂😂

Reactions: 3
I don’t know how people cope without dummies either. I am also another one who can’t bare to see a toddler snot gobbling through one. 🤢

I guess you don’t understand the difference between disagreeing and moaning. But I can link you to an online dictionary if needs be 😁

No the person actually conplained that others had an opinion. And said, I’m paraphrasing here, nobody should have an opinion on it
OK get your dictionary out and read back. You will find you were moaning. No one’s saying you’re not entitled to.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.