Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Somewhere Over The Rainbow is one of the most overrated songs ever. I absolutely hate it. So dreary.
I feckin hate that song and even deceased singers (Eva Cassidy) don't make that song appealling to me.

Same for bridge over troubled waters šŸ˜“šŸ˜“ and also Hallelujah flipping Leonard Cohen/X Factor

Reactions: 17
How many people? How do you know they "trapped" them? I'm aware it happens but I think it's the rudest assumption to make about a couple someone may know duck all about! And it is also possible for a man to "trap" a woman but nobody ever assumes that
Personally I know four. One said in the pub that sheā€™d stopped taking her pill because ā€œtheyā€™ve been together a long time and men are never really ready are theyā€. One said it would help her boyfriend see her differently and want to provide for her and live with her. And another two who admitted they thought having a baby with someone would make them want to take the step into marriage as a baby is a bigger commitment. Thatā€™s how I know šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I didnā€™t say men donā€™t trap women, nor did I say I make that assumption about all unmarried couples. I just replied and said sadly I believe itā€™s actually quite a common thing people do for various reasons. If I can reel off four people whoā€™ve admitted to planning it without their partner then think how many there are whoā€™ve kept it quiet thatā€™s all Iā€™m sayingā€¦.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
How many people? How do you know they "trapped" them? I'm aware it happens but I think it's the rudest assumption to make about a couple someone may know duck all about! And it is also possible for a man to "trap" a woman but nobody ever assumes that
I actually know of someone who tried to ā€œtrapā€ someone. A friend of mine as it happens, who was with a partner who had several children from a previous relationship and he was adamant he didnā€™t want anymore. She was besotted with him and had her coil removed with intentions of getting pregnant but didnā€™t tell him. The child is now a pre-teen, however he left her when the child was less than 6 months old. I know another who would happily tell anyone who will listen that she led her boyfriend to believe she was taking the pill and fell pregnant - said boyfriend didnā€™t stick around soon after the birth either. Although it is rude to assume, it doesnā€™t mean it doesnā€™t happen and it probably is quite common.

Reactions: 9
I don't think a child holds a relationship together unless it's longstanding and they eventually go their seperate ways once the children are grown .
I agree, if anything having a child with someone will put an incredible pressure on a relationship

Reactions: 14
Personally I know four. One said in the pub that sheā€™d stopped taking her pill because ā€œtheyā€™ve been together a long time and men are never really ready are theyā€. One said it would help her boyfriend see her differently and want to provide for her and live with her. And another two who admitted they thought having a baby with someone would make them want to take the step into marriage as a baby is a bigger commitment. Thatā€™s how I know šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I didnā€™t say men donā€™t trap women, nor did I say I make that assumption about all unmarried couples. I just replied and said sadly I believe itā€™s actually quite a common thing people do for various reasons. If I can reel off four people whoā€™ve admitted to planning it without their partner then think how many there are whoā€™ve kept it quiet thatā€™s all Iā€™m sayingā€¦.
Yeah I get that, I didn't mean to come across as bitchy, I was just intrigued. 4 people out of everyone you know who's ever had a baby isn't that common. I know of a lot of people who have had babies, and although some people have speculated, I have never actually heard anyone say or have proof that someone "trapped" someone else.

I actually know of someone who tried to ā€œtrapā€ someone. A friend of mine as it happens, who was with a partner who had several children from a previous relationship and he was adamant he didnā€™t want anymore. She was besotted with him and had her coil removed with intentions of getting pregnant but didnā€™t tell him. The child is now a pre-teen, however he left her when the child was less than 6 months old. I know another who would happily tell anyone who will listen who led her boyfriend to believe she was taking the pill and fell pregnant - said boyfriend didnā€™t stick around soon after the birth either. Although it is rude to assume, it doesnā€™t mean it doesnā€™t happen and it probably is quite common.
I never said it doesn't happen, I just hate the phrase, hate how often it is thrown around, hate how disrespectful it is, hate how much it assumes about women, hate how it's never made about men, hate how 95% of the time it's used its people making assumptions and not actually knowing anything on the situation!! Eta and I'm also of the opinion that despite people constantly following up the phrase with "it's more common than you think" (not just on here, it's usually mentioned at some point when someone is speculating this) I don't think it's actually that common at all. That's my UO šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, if anything having a child with someone will put an incredible pressure on a relationship
Yes definitely ! if there's nothing there to begin with a child won't make it any better ,they'll only focus on the child and not the other person .

Reactions: 6
Yeah I get that, I didn't mean to come across as bitchy, I was just intrigued. 4 people out of everyone you know who's ever had a baby isn't that common. I know of a lot of people who have had babies, and although some people have speculated, I have never actually heard anyone say or have proof that someone "trapped" someone else.

I never said it doesn't happen, I just hate the phrase, hate how often it is thrown around, hate how disrespectful it is, hate how much it assumes about women, hate how it's never made about men, hate how 95% of the time it's used its people making assumptions and not actually knowing anything on the situation!!
I agree it is quite disrespectful because unless someone admits to it, you wouldnā€™t really know.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A while ago on here someone defended their choice in purposely getting pregnant without their partners consent and agreement. Disgusting tbh

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
A while ago on here someone defended their choice in purposely getting pregnant without their partners consent and agreement. Disgusting tbh
No waaaaaay! Glad I missed that one. šŸ˜…

Either way my point still stands. It's a rude comment to make, as the majority of the time it's made its assumption and speculation with no information šŸ˜Š

ETA Just to be clear I in no way shape or form think its OK to decide you want a baby without discussing it with your partner! šŸ™ˆ It's just the speculation on people's situations I hate!

Reactions: 8
No waaaaaay! Glad I missed that one. šŸ˜…

Either way my point still stands. It's a rude comment to make, as the majority of the time it's made its assumption and speculation with no information šŸ˜Š

ETA Just to be clear I in no way shape or form think its OK to decide you want a baby without discussing it with your partner! šŸ™ˆ It's just the speculation on people's situations I hate!
I think the speculation arises from the fact heā€™s using out screwing around behind her back, She thinks itā€™s love but his actions tell a different story .. heā€™s there for the kid and nothing more .

I know a girl who got with her partner when his ex was expecting his child. She was crazy jealous, tried to stop him seeing the baby and fell pregnant herself within about 6 months. She insisted their baby come first and his relationship with the other child was effectively over. She was an smart, hard working, successful girl with lots of friends and a lovely family. She just went a bit mental on making sure this guy was obliged to be with her (despite insisting he wasnā€™t obligated to his first child). Tbf they are now 5 years down the line and on their second child. I donā€™t know about the relationship with the first baby.

Another woman I know, I donā€™t know if the fella was open to it, but Iā€™ve never met anyone who doesnā€™t think theirs is a band-aid baby. Again, both had kids from previous relationships, he had a wandering eye (and dick) their relationship was in a poor state and then they had a baby.
It might be crappy to think but that baby was to tame him. And it worked to an extent.

Howeverā€¦. It does piss me off when people say ā€˜sheā€™s done it to trap himā€™ because it really, really isnā€™t that easy for most people and itā€™s ignorant to think so.

I was childless at 38, got pregnant quickly into my relationship. I know people thought ā€˜sheā€™s rushed it because she was running out of timeā€™ and we did have the conversation that if we wanted kids we ought to start sooner than later but it sort of ignores the fact that I spent the previous 20+ years making decisions not to have a child under the wrong circumstances. As though I was some kind of irresponsible, baby fever woman who hadnā€™t thought it through.

Anyway, other peopleā€™s pregnancies are one of those things that everyone has an opinion on and none of those opinions are welcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
i hate ABBA Dancing Queen ! another over rated song...i don't actually know how anyone dances to it ! nothing gets me off a dancefloor quicker...(well maybe somebody elses Guy !)
I detest it as well! Godawful bloody record

Reactions: 8
Angels is total shite. I detest it.
And Robbie Williams is a talentless wanker

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I donā€™t think a man in particular can be trapped into a relationship by having a child.

Yeah, there may be some sort of genetic connection forever because of said child. But ultimately if a man didnā€™t want to be in the relationship he will walk away regardless if the child exists or not. Sometimes they will even walk away from the child too. Like I say Iā€™ve known this to happen with my friend, the babyā€™s father left around 6 months old and has had absolutely nothing to do with either her or the child for many years!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I donā€™t think a man in particular can be trapped into a relationship by having a child.

Yeah, there may be some sort of genetic connection forever because of said child. But ultimately if a man didnā€™t want to be in the relationship he will walk away regardless if the child exists or not. Sometimes they will even walk away from the child too. Like I say Iā€™ve known this to happen with my friend, the babyā€™s father left around 6 months old and has had absolutely nothing to do with either her or the child for many years!
Awful when that happens. I can't understand leaving your kid & not bothering nor caring

Reactions: 11
Oh, the irony of people on an UO thread complaining that others have opinions šŸ˜‚

The mind just boggles šŸ’€
Whatā€™s more ironic is that is was you moaning about other peoples UO in the last thread. šŸ’€

Didnā€™t you get your knickers into a knot over UO on suicide and tasting oneā€™s own breast milk? šŸ¤” šŸ’€

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
If I trapped a man, Iā€™m not saying I would but if I did ( had a baby on purpose and he didnā€™t want one) Iā€™d keep it to myself! Wouldnā€™t dare tell any of my friends or family, theyā€™d only be talking about me and laughing at mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Some people are fools for being so honest tho

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.