Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO - other peoples’ pregnancies don’t bother me one jot. It’s none of my business and I couldn’t give a rat’s arse how it came about.

Also, both people should use protection if they truly want to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, it shouldn’t be down to just one or the other. Take some responsibility for yourself.

Reactions: 38
Home cooked food is overrated. People get so braggy about "cooking from scratch" for no reason.
A majority of the people I see bragging about cooking from scratch on Facebook and the like, the food always looks in a pretty sorry state.

My aunt also uses everything organic and from scratch, right down to the stock. For this reason alone she thinks it’s the bees knees but her food is actual dreadful, bordering on inedible and you have to chuck it in the bin when she has her back turnt. It tastes all earthy.

I don’t enjoy cooking at all. Give me something already half prepared to shove in the oven or better yet a takeaway!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Just waiting for the obligatory " are we still talking about that " it's been like 2 pages 😂
I've written this before and I stand by it 😂 it literally used to say in the rules/description when an UO thread was started, not to keep waffling on about others UO's. It can get annoying when you wanna just scroll down everyone's UO's and instead have to read about 4 odd pages of back and forward replies about the same thing. ✌
That in itself is prob an unpopular opinion but I couldn't give a hoot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've written this before and I stand by it 😂 it literally used to say in the rules/description when an UO thread was started, not to keep waffling on about others UO's. It can get annoying when you wanna just scroll down everyone's UO's and instead have to read about 4 odd pages of back and forward replies about the same thing. ✌
That in itself is prob an unpopular opinion but I couldn't give a hoot.
But once people post it the thread suddenly stops nobody wants to post the next OP opinion 😂 best to let it flow imo we're not on a time scale 😄 Did it ! I never read the rules 🤫

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
t literally used to say in the rules/description when an UO thread was started, not to keep waffling on about others UO's. It can get annoying when you wanna just scroll down everyone's UO's and instead have to read about 4 odd pages of back and forward replies about the same thing. ✌
Em, it literally didn’t 😂

not unpopular, just fiction,

ok, I’m doing it, breastfeeding is gross, I don’t care about health benefits, seeing a woman do it publicly, just no, put it away. 😐 Put yourself away, it’s not empowering to whip a swollen tit out in Starbucks and have a mini vampire like alien “route” for it,
Especially when they are old enough to support their own head. 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Em, it literally didn’t 😂

not unpopular, just fiction,

ok, I’m doing it, breastfeeding is gross, I don’t care about health benefits, seeing a woman do it publicly, just no, put it away. 😐
UO I don't think there is any health benefits ,it's all a myth 😬

• Wow
Mums that breastfeed past weaning age are doing it for their own unresolved attachment issues and not the child.

Reactions: 30
I often wonder whether the breastapo go in for extended breastfeeding malarky just so they can talk about / bore everyone for even longer. When my sister finally stopped she decided to become a midwife totally out of the blue, presumably so she could keep talking about breastfeeding *yawn*

• Haha
Reactions: 15
To me breast vs bottle is like tap vs bottled water.

One is sort of free (dont come at me i know we do pay for tap water but you don't have to pay up front) and the other you have to buy.
One is there on demand the other you have to prepare/store etc.
One doesn't come in packaging the other does.

And at the end of the day one is a heavily up-priced version of the other in loads of packaging that can't be recycled etc.

If I had a baby I would be breast feeding because I'm happy with tap water and I'm too lazy/cheap to formula feed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Informed is best , facts are not attacks are both phrases used by women who make breastfeeding their whole identity.

If I had a baby I would be breast feeding because I'm happy with tap water and I'm too lazy/cheap to formula feed.
These were 100% my reasons for doing it. It doesn’t actually matter as long as the baby gets fed something suitable.

to be fair I see many many more posts/threads on those who are complaining about BF than I see those boasting that they BF.

I don't have any skin in this game my youngest is in her 40s. Having babies in the 70s was interesting, got told a few times that I was unnatural because I didn't bottle feed had a few nurses roll their eyes at me Ahhhh fashion and trends will always have others judging. This is why if I had my life over I would just say duck it a lot. duck it, I will do as I please and don't give a tit what others think.

Crunchy can do one. you didn't invent any of it, so don't act like you did just get on with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Personally I know four. One said in the pub that she’d stopped taking her pill because “they’ve been together a long time and men are never really ready are they”. One said it would help her boyfriend see her differently and want to provide for her and live with her. And another two who admitted they thought having a baby with someone would make them want to take the step into marriage as a baby is a bigger commitment. That’s how I know 🤷🏼‍♀️ I didn’t say men don’t trap women, nor did I say I make that assumption about all unmarried couples. I just replied and said sadly I believe it’s actually quite a common thing people do for various reasons. If I can reel off four people who’ve admitted to planning it without their partner then think how many there are who’ve kept it quiet that’s all I’m saying….
I don't understand why some women are so desperate to marry and don't propose!

Reactions: 9
to be fair I see many many more posts/threads on those who are complaining about BF than I see those boasting that they BF.

I don't have any skin in this game my youngest is in her 40s. Having babies in the 70s was interesting, got told a few times that I was unnatural because I didn't bottle feed had a few nurses roll their eyes at me Ahhhh fashion and trends will always have others judging. This is why if I had my life over I would just say duck it a lot. duck it, I will do as I please and don't give a tit what others think.

Crunchy can do one. you didn't invent any of it, so don't act like you did just get on with it.
It depends what platform you’re on to be honest to see the boasting. Mums groups/forums is usually where you will come across a holier than thou attitude around it. And if you disagree they will bare down on you like a tonne of rubble.

I don’t get when mums moan about there being no support around breastfeeding though. How much “support” does one need exactly? When I had my eldest, I made the decision I didn’t want to breastfeed him at all but I still had midwives practically trying to force him at my tit! My youngest I breastfed for a couple of months and it really isn’t as convenient as some people lead you to believe. Cracked nips, constant heavy, leaky tits, baby that won’t settle into a routine and never appears full. It’s a lot easier to formula feed imo. The price of formula these days was probably the only thing which drew me in. I felt no more or less of this “bond” that gets harped on about. 🤷‍♀️ And I certainly didn’t feel “empowered” either.

Last edited:
I don’t care how you feed your baby. However if you sit out in a cafe/restaurant and literally get half undressed and sit there with your boobs hanging out then you’re just looking for attention so you can post a gripe on Fb. Usually about an older person “who iS a KaReN”. You can breast feed a baby in public without anyone knowing you’re doing it. I managed
Just as an anecdote. Breast fed my first, my other 2 were bottle. The eldest has a tit immune system, has been ill most of her life. Has no end of ear problems. Other 2. Hardly ever sick and as robust as an ox. Go figure 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.