Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think anyone should lose their job over something that had nothing to do with their work.

I agree about football can't stand it, don't even know who the fella is so my opinion is nothing to do with my love of what he does if the crime is something they should be imprisoned for then that is IMO the only reason to lose a job as you can't do your job then
Well that’s a bit of a stupid comment. What if your mum’s carer was done for beating up an oap on his day off or even raping somebody?
I certainly wouldn’t want them near a family member

Reactions: 18
Well that’s a bit of a stupid comment. What if your mum’s carer was done for beating up an oap on his day off or even raping somebody?
Not as stupid as your knee jerk. Those are crimes punishable by our system and if convicted they would probably go to prison or suspended sentence and of course, no one who beats up or rapes people would be allowed to be a carer

Reactions: 6
But that's a safe guarding issue. No one convicted of a violent crime against humans should be allowed to be alone with vulnerable people.

But a footballer doesn't have to come into contact with cats in his line of work.

I also don't think that woman should have lost her job for hitting that horse. Or the woman who put the cat in the bin, or the woman that shouted at the man in the park about calling the police.

You should be punished for the crime, then be able to return to your life -taking into account appropriate safe guarding. Otherwise we are saying that rehabilitation and remourse are irrelevant and we might as well remove anyone we don't like the actions of from society.

Reactions: 9
But that's a safe guarding issue. No one convicted of a violent crime against humans should be allowed to be alone with vulnerable people.

But a footballer doesn't have to come into contact with cats in his line of work.

I also don't think that woman should have lost her job for hitting that horse. Or the woman who put the cat in the bin, or the woman that shouted at the man in the park about calling the police.

You should be punished for the crime, then be able to return to your life -taking into account appropriate safe guarding. Otherwise we are saying that rehabilitation and remourse are irrelevant and we might as well remove anyone we don't like the actions of from society.
On the whole I agree with that. Obviously there are some crimes where you do want to remove people from society but generally people don't need their entires lives destroyed for a lapse in judgement or a stupid decision. If you go one to repeat the offences or show a pattern of behaviour then that's different.

I don't think Zouma should have played last night though. West Ham needed to show that that sort of behaviour is to acceptable.

Footballers are looked up to by lots of young people, and seen as heros, almost. I do think there should be consequences for appalling behaviour by them, as they should be aware of their public status.

With the woman in the NYC park, there was the real danger NYPD could shoot a black man before discovering he hadn't done anything at all wrong. The woman was in the wrong, and using her gender and race to misuse power. That was dreadful, and I understand why she lost her job.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Me too. Ex smoker who follows smokers around sniffing the air. Hate it stale on clothes though.
I only miss it when I see someone who has obviously been waiting a while to have a smoke, light one up, take a deep breath. The look of bliss on their face makes me mourn for my loss

• Heart
UO: I hate the bestseller The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. It's Winnie the Pooh meets black beauty meets inspirational Instagram life quotes 🤢

(Nice drawings though).

Reactions: 5
Sorry but if you've ever googled a naked famous person you're a bit strange 😬😁
Confession time, 😞 someone mentioned Sonia from Eastenders getting her piss flaps out and I'll put my hands up here and say that curiosity got the better of me. It was not my finest moment. Please don't do that. :sick: I'd rather remember trumpet loving Sonia.

R.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I vape instead these days…Marlboro flavour!

There’s nothing I like better than vaping next to a person smoking.
As a fat person, if I smell something sweet I want to be greeted with the food, not some twit sucking a modified biro

• Haha
Reactions: 18
As a fat person, if I smell something sweet I want to be greeted with the food, not some twit sucking a modified biro
I can’t stand the fruity fog either.

My vape barely produces any vapour and you won’t smell it unless you’re right in my face. Even then there’s next to no smell. I can puff away in the car without my bloke or kids complaining.

Reactions: 2
UO: I hate the bestseller The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. It's Winnie the Pooh meets black beauty meets inspirational Instagram life quotes 🤢

(Nice drawings though).
I've said the exact same thing almost word for word. I don't get it either. It does have nice pictures but it's not even comparable to Winnie the pooh as there's an actual story.

For adults: "the words you can not say" is better (bought from urban outfitters).

Confession time, 😞 someone mentioned Sonia from Eastenders getting her piss flaps out and I'll put my hands up here and say that curiosity got the better of me. It was not my finest moment. Please don't do that. :sick: I'd rather remember trumpet loving Sonia.

View attachment 1050320
I'd rather not see her at all, but Sam Mitchell in her prime was okay, now I use her pic to scare my wife's nephews and nieces.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I breastfed all my kids and it was painful and unpleasant. They were always starving until they moved onto formula. Didn’t lose any weight either (me, not them)

I have absolutely no time for other peoples kids. Mine are bearable now they are teens and adults. I have a friend who keeps rocking up to mine with 2 year old granddaughter in tow and she does my absolute nut in. She’s a pain in the ass and my dog wants to eat her

also an ex smoker who lobes the smell and misses that first drag feeling. Also now a vaper who doesn’t exhaust clouds of fruity vape

got two west ham season ticket holders in my house so cat stuff is hot topic

adele looked like a stuck up snooty cow at Brits and I thought the whole thing was a bit crap. Although it was nice to see Ed Sheeran took Cherry along

Boris Johnson is a bleep

edited cos I have new nails and clearly can’t type

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't like the smell of smoke but I do think it looks really cool. Going to gigs in the late 90s, the rock stars who'd smoke while they sang looked the epitome of rock'n'roll to me 😎

There's also a scene in the drama An Adventure in Space and Time, about the beginnings of Doctor Who in the early 60s, that has stuck with me. Verity Lambert (the show's first producer, played by Jessica Raine) is taking her first look at a Dalek, examining it while nonchalantly smoking a cigarette. She just looked so damn cool that it made me feel like my life could never be complete as I would never be able to work for the BBC in the 1960s! 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.