Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The instructions state you have to eat a low fat diet or you will tit yourself.

It's not in the small print. It's literally the first instruction.
It's not much of a miracle pill then is it. You could just prescribe a massive dose of laxatives with every unhealthy meal.

I keep seeing people selling those weight loss balloons on Facebook. You swallow it and then they inflate it in your stomach so you feel full all the time.

It sounds like a good idea but, I'm not sure it's something I'd want to have done in someone kitchen by a random of FB.

UO these quick fix solutions (gastric bands included) don't address the real reason for over eating. So they'll never really work because people will fall back into old habits or destructive behaviours. People have gastric bands then just drink melted ice-cream. Because they don't fix the rout cause.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
It's not much of a miracle pill then is it. You could just prescribe a massive dose of laxatives with every unhealthy meal.
Nope. It just limits the absorption of what little fat you are eating (if you follow instructions correctly). Olistat claims to increase weight loss by 50%. So if you lose 1lb naturally taking olistat would increase that to 1.5lb

Nope. It just limits the absorption of what little fat you are eating (if you follow instructions correctly). Olistat claims to increase weight loss by 50%. So if you lose 1lb naturally taking olistat would increase that to 1.5lb
I don't know, I've never taken the things. I'm just going by what friends told me which was if you ate anything with fat, your shart yourself. They all said it wasn't what promised and they were happier just sticking to a healthy diet without the gun to their head.

I keep seeing people selling those weight loss balloons on Facebook. You swallow it and then they inflate it in your stomach so you feel full all the time.

It sounds like a good idea but, I'm not sure it's something I'd want to have done in someone kitchen by a random of FB.

UO these quick fix solutions (gastric bands included) don't address the real reason for over eating. So they'll never really work because people will fall back into old habits or destructive behaviours. People have gastric bands then just drink melted ice-cream. Because they don't fix the rout cause.
Very true. A member of my husband’s family paid loads for a gastric band years ago, it didn’t work and she is absolutely massive now. It worries me because it has to be very unhealthy for her, she’s only in her early 40s. I can’t believe she’d have spent all the money and had the chance to change, which she obviously wanted to go through it in the first place, and then threw it away.

Reactions: 1
I don't know, I've never taken the things. I'm just going by what friends told me which was if you ate anything with fat, your shart yourself. They all said it wasn't what promised and they were happier just sticking to a healthy diet without the gun to their head.
I took it for about a month a few years ago.

The instructions are clear and the expected results are explicit. So I can only assume they didn't read them.

I stopped because although I was happy taking them and eating low fat, I unexpectedly had a meal out and despite picking the lowest fat option on the menu had excruciating stomach ache afterwards. Thankfully didn't tit myself but my stools were interesting for the next day or so. So I didn't think the pain was worth it for an extra 50% loss so just stuck to low fat diet alone.

Reactions: 3
Can I just say folk had many reasons for voting brexit. Just like they did to remain. I wouldn’t dream of asking anyone the reasons. Just like someone’s medical history ain’t my business either. However to say all racists voted brexit is a bit daft. Anyone remember that woman on question time. Remain voter
“Who will make and serve the sandwiches at Pret”. Wow. Who’s the racist? Like Kelly Osborne. “Who’ll clean our houses” 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 17
But that's not really what they promis. They promis to stop you absorbing fat so you can lose weight. What they actually do is force you to stop eating fat so you don't tit yourself.

None of it makes sense anyway as you need fat in your diet to be healthy. Speed is actually much more effective for losing weight 😂
Yeah but if it's stopping you absorb it then the fat has to go somewhere so it makes sense? It's not just going to somehow evaporate from your body

Reactions: 1
The UK is not the most tolerant country in the world but it's better than what the US is becoming, or some countries in Europe e.g. Hungary, Poland. That said, I think the UK gets too much credit for "but so many people want to come here!" or for having things that a developed country ought to have e.g. social welfare, same-sex marriage, ostensibly fair trials

Reactions: 6
Just curious for people's reasons for voting for brexit? I don't live in the UK and I was pretty surprised that they voted to leave.
Obviously there was a lot of fear mongering about Syrian refugees coming to the UK but other than immigration, what reasons did you guys vote for brexit?
Not referring to anyone in particular but feel free to share ✌ I am pretty happy with the EU so I just found it hard to comprehend why you would want to leave.
Please don't go on about Fishermens rights as if the average person gave a tit.
In my house I voted to remain, and my hubs , much to my disgust, voted to leave. His reasons I’m still unsure about. But we argued about it. He isn’t a racist, though I’m not entirely sure of his reasons, I kind of refused to listen to his side of the argument and they fell on deaf ears at the time 😆. I remember the leave camp spun some lies about the NHS receiving more money if we left, so I think many would have voted leave for the NHS alone and wouldn’t have needed any other reasons. The UK public are very passionate about their NHS.

However, my husband now regrets his vote, and wishes he voted remain.

Reactions: 6
Yeah but if it's stopping you absorb it then the fat has to go somewhere so it makes sense? It's not just going to somehow evaporate from your body
I think most people would imagine it comes out in your normal poo.
One girl told me the stuff coming out of her bum was like the fat that settles on the top of beef Bolognese.

I actually once read that most of your calories are breathed out. I don't know the actual science of it though, id have to Google it.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Tbh I don’t buy the idea that everyone who voted brexit was a racist, most of the people I know who voted for it did so because they were genuinely sick of the state of the country after 10 years of austerity, Nigel Farage and his cronies came along telling everyone the UK’s problems are all the fault of the EU and they believed it. They voted leave because they wanted to improve things in the UK.
Everyone has their reasons, I would just be interested in understanding someone's perspective on voting to leave because I just can't comprehend why 😂 but I also don't live in the UK so what the hell do I know!

Jacob Rees-mogg's investment firm (based in Dublin) profited from brexit by about 7 million (channel 4> dispatches > brexit billionaires), make no mistake that him pushing for brexit was purely for financial gain. Absolutely disgusting!

In my house I voted to remain, and my hubs , much to my disgust, voted to leave. His reasons I’m still unsure about. But we argued about it. He isn’t a racist, though I’m not entirely sure of his reasons, I kind of refused to listen to his side of the argument and they fell on deaf ears at the time 😆. I remember the leave camp spun some lies about the NHS receiving more money if we left, so I think many would have voted leave for the NHS alone and wouldn’t have needed any other reasons. The UK public are very passionate about their NHS.

However, my husband now regrets his vote, and wishes he voted remain.
It seemed like a lot of people who voted to leave later regretted their vote. It also could have been the media selectively showing the people they interviewed.
Glad to see you guys got through it 🤣 me and my OH share a lot of the same views but when we don't agree on something political it can become quite heated 😬😂

Can I just say folk had many reasons for voting brexit. Just like they did to remain. I wouldn’t dream of asking anyone the reasons. Just like someone’s medical history ain’t my business either. However to say all racists voted brexit is a bit daft. Anyone remember that woman on question time. Remain voter
“Who will make and serve the sandwiches at Pret”. Wow. Who’s the racist? Like Kelly Osborne. “Who’ll clean our houses” 🤦‍♀️
Seeing as I was the one who asked for reasons, I didn't quote anyone because I didn't want to single anyone out. If someone wants to share the reasons, they can or they can ignore my post.
I can understand why you would vote remain but not so much why you would vote to leave. Just looking to understand an opposite perspective 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think most people who voted leave did so because they were led to believe it would be better for the country in some way. Many people really had no idea what they were actually voting for and I don’t mean that in a patronising way, but there were so many lies, how could anyone really know how it would turn out? Sure there were some racists banging on about ‘sovereignty’ and wanting to stop the foreigners coming in and stealing jobs or what ever nonsense, but it wasn’t everyone who voted leave. I don’t believe anyone I know personally who voted leave did so for racist reasons but I do think they were misled.

My UO today is that the EU referendum should never have happened and it was a total tit show from start to finish. It’s going to cost us dearly for years to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Quite typical of wokey/left types tbh.
Typical of any type if you are passionate about something. Is it only lefty types who voted to remain?
He ignored my argument as much as I ignored his. We are both stubborn people and disagree often when it comes to politics. Nevertheless, he did regret his vote. I think I’m wearing him down 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Unpopular opinion on behalf of my Granny: she says she was never so slim as in the 70s when speed was still allowed in diet pills and thinks it still should be :ROFLMAO:

(She also had three young children to run around after, correlation not guaranteed)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think most people would imagine it comes out in your normal poo.
One girl told me the stuff coming out of her bum was like the fat that settles on the top of beef Bolognese.

I actually once read that most of your calories are breathed out. I don't know the actual science of it though, id have to Google it.
Well yeah that's true but for you to breathe it out it needs to be absorbed by the body. If it doesn't get absorbed then it needs to come out another way 😝

Sounds dumb anyway because it's not fat that makes people fat but the excess of calories. So someone could take those pills, then stuff themselves with carbs and still put on weight. Plus, dietary fat is actually important so the pills sound pretty dangerous

The UK is not the most tolerant country in the world but it's better than what the US is becoming, or some countries in Europe e.g. Hungary, Poland. That said, I think the UK gets too much credit for "but so many people want to come here!" or for having things that a developed country ought to have e.g. social welfare, same-sex marriage, ostensibly fair trials
^^^ Many of the people that claim the UK is so tolerant are often white..? Doubt you’ve experienced life as a non-white person in every single different part of the UK for you to confirm this but hey.

People complain about “wokeness” (seems like it’s only the people who dislike it that actually use that term but anyway), these days it feels like I hear more about racism from people that say ‘it’s gone too far’ or “not all white people are racist” and the classic “stop making everything is about race” than from people bringing up racism in general. But maybe I’m consuming different media to everyone else. In reality most people are just getting on with their lives.

Side note: You might not ‘enjoy’ having so many non-white (or queer as mentioned previously) people on your TV screen, but realistically how is it detrimentally impacting your life. There are so many shows with nearly all-white heterosexual casts…just watch those? Some make it out like there are no more white people at ALL on TV anymore. Not the case.

Reactions: 8
I think most people who voted leave did so because they were led to believe it would be better for the country in some way. Many people really had no idea what they were actually voting for and I don’t mean that in a patronising way, but there were so many lies, how could anyone really know how it would turn out? Sure there were some racists banging on about ‘sovereignty’ and wanting to stop the foreigners coming in and stealing jobs or what ever nonsense, but it wasn’t everyone who voted leave. I don’t believe anyone I know personally who voted leave did so for racist reasons but I do think they were misled.

My UO today is that the EU referendum should never have happened and it was a total tit show from start to finish. It’s going to cost us dearly for years to come.
We were always told it would get worse before it got better and it was very much a long term strategy. Everyone forgets (or is completely ignorant) what we joined the EU for in the first place. Covid added to the nightmare we are in now and couldn't have been foreseen. Not to mention the cow towering negotiations that went on with Fuhrer Merkle and her clones. People voted leave for many reasons, not all because they are racist (which is just dumb, because leaving Europe was never going to change the amount of illegal migrants coming here from outside of the EU). I appreciate it hasn't been great, but we live in a democratic country where people are free to vote as they please. People may not like it, but they have no right to chastise them for it. We're not all sheep who can't educate and inform ourselves on what we're voting for. In fact the majority of people I know that moan incessantly either have no voting rights here or simply didn't bother voting at all. A mature and intelligent adult respects other people's legal rights in a free country, whether they agree with them or not.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.