Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phil Collins was great in Genesis 1975- 1983, then tit afterwards, poppy bloody crap muzak
I went to see Genesis in the early 90's and they were brilliant.

I woke up in the middle of the night singing 'cause Jesus he knows me and he knows I'm right' apparently. Frightened the life out of my hubby. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I certainly wouldn’t say it is “naive” to notice that Islamic extremist terrorists in the press seem to be dragged out as “mentally ill” more so than any other type of terrorist.

Unfortunately the authorities fannying and pussy footing round other peoples cultural norms often leads to disaster. For example the Rochdale Grooming gangs, forced marriages and so called “honour killings” such as the case of beautiful Shafilea Ahmed. These could have been avoided or nipped in the bud if authorities weren’t too afraid to be labelled culturally insensitive or even racist by actually confronting them and calling it out for what it is. The woke left with their constant mitigating often fuel fire to this stuff going amiss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I went to see Genesis in the early 90's and they were brilliant.

I woke up in the middle of the night singing 'cause Jesus he knows me and he knows I'm right' apparently. Frightened the life out of my hubby. :ROFLMAO:
At least it wasn't Invisible Touch. That would have caused an awkward conversation.....

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People who keep having babies until they get the daughter/son they want are weirdos. Seven boys in and you’re going to ‘try for another’ not because you want a big family but because you want a girl? No thought to how much it’ll cost, the logistics of it all; fitting in the car, where they will sleep, how it might affect your finances and the children you already have or anything remotely practical or sensible.

It just seems wrong to me. As far as I’m concerned, when it comes to conceiving a child you get what you’re given, whether that be all girls, all boys or one or more of each. I liked the idea of having ‘one of each’ but that didn’t happen and I realised it doesn’t even matter. They’re still their own people with their own personalities regardless of what’s between their legs.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
People who keep having babies until they get the daughter/son they want are weirdos. Seven boys in and you’re going to ‘try for another’ not because you want a big family but because you want a girl? No thought to how much it’ll cost, the logistics of it all; fitting in the car, where they will sleep, how it might affect your finances and the children you already have or anything remotely practical or sensible.

It just seems wrong to me. As far as I’m concerned, when it comes to conceiving a child you get what you’re given, whether that be all girls, all boys or one or more of each. I liked the idea of having ‘one of each’ but that didn’t happen and I realised it doesn’t even matter. They’re still their own people with their own personalities regardless of what’s between their legs.
I agree. I don’t think there’s any harm in wanting a specific gender of child (I think a lot of people do but don’t say due to the stigma attached) but there comes a point where you just have to draw a line under it and appreciate what you already have. Just accept that life doesn’t always turn out how you expect or want it to.

Reactions: 20
Has Toyah jumped on the Madonna train with getting her kit off 👀 is it an age thing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
There is nothing wrong with people continuing to have children until they get the opposite gender as long as they are willing to have a big family and take on the massive responsibility of it. I think the real weirdos are people who are genuinely bothered how many kids other people have.

On a side note my dad got the snip after he got the boy he specifically really wanted to “carry on the family name”. Said brother is in his mid 30s, he has Asperger’s, hugely focused on a very good career and is absolutely adamant he wishes to remain child free so he certainly will not be carrying on a “family name”. So no, people do not always get what they want.

Reactions: 3
The mouthiest ones on social media/forums will be the quietest ones in a room.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The mouthiest ones on social media/forums will be the quietest ones in a room.
I don’t know about this one, I think for the majority it could be true, but the mouthiest person I know on Facebook is a complete piss head and is just as loud, brash, insulting and unbearable in real life.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't watch a lot of live television these days, but this morning I was unlucky enough to catch a little of that god awful Sunday Brunch thing on Channel 4. They certainly had their quota of box ticking participants. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against openly gay people who just want to get on with their lives, but why does it have to be so in your face these days.
I watch television to be entertained or informed, not lectured.
TV has gone totally and utterly wokey, box ticking and diversity. It's all put in front of any programme content now. You almost have to ' look round it/ through it' to get at the actual programme content

Reactions: 10
On the topic of gender preference, I remember looking at a gender ratio world map and couldn't help but notice countries where male babies are the preference tend to have more males 🤔 notice china's one child policy resulted in more male babies... Clearly not natural, God knows what was happening to the female babies.

Note, most countries in the world have more women than men because women have a higher life expectancy.

Although we all laugh that my aunt was determined to have a girl, I wonder how it made the rest of the boys in the family feel..

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Has Toyah jumped on the Madonna train with getting her kit off 👀 is it an age thing 🤷🏼‍♀️
he was a notorious womaniser back in the day. I suspect it's a making sure to keep hold of your husband thing.. like the boob job she had

Reactions: 3
On the topic of gender preference, I remember looking at a gender ratio world map and couldn't help but notice countries where male babies are the preference tend to have more males 🤔 notice china's one child policy resulted in more male babies... Clearly not natural, God knows what was happening to the female babies.

Note, most countries in the world have more women than men because women have a higher life expectancy.

Although we all laugh that my aunt was determined to have a girl, I wonder how it made the rest of the boys in the family feel..
Female babies tend to be 'hardier' as well I believe i.e. when babies are born prematurely, baby girls tend to fair better.

Reactions: 5
No one cares about your wedding.

Even your sister/mum/bridesmaid/best mate etc. Have their limits and there is only so much people can hear about bridesmaids dresses without wanting to cut their ears off.

ETA nor do I want to pencil in a Saturday in the middle of July to go look are bridesmaid dresses etc. Just buy what you want and I will wear it. Of course I'm free on that date now, but I can think of 100 things I would rather do than that on a nice sunny Saturday in July

• Heart
Reactions: 25

The Dying rooms! That’s where the female babies were banished too, sickening documentary to watch 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 12

As I said my dad was always pretty open about getting the snip after he had the boy he wanted. I didn’t really feel any way about it to be honest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.