Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s tit. Don’t get the fuss at all. And I LOVE nuggets and chips and burgers from McDs, I’m not one of those people who hate it all. Just breakfast! And the new cooking everything fresh tit - in the 80s and 90s the food was all lined up ready to go and it was quicker, and no one is dead from it are they?!? Takes 15/20 minutes to get food in there now. Bloody ridiculous.
Damn straight. Had my first last year. Like greasy cardboard.

Reactions: 1
Just curious for people's reasons for voting for brexit? I don't live in the UK and I was pretty surprised that they voted to leave.
Obviously there was a lot of fear mongering about Syrian refugees coming to the UK but other than immigration, what reasons did you guys vote for brexit?
Not referring to anyone in particular but feel free to share ✌ I am pretty happy with the EU so I just found it hard to comprehend why you would want to leave.
Please don't go on about Fishermens rights as if the average person gave a tit.
Personally I voted to remain. But when the referendum came about I’m willing to admit I didn’t really know what the implications of being in the EU even meant and which way I “should” be voting. I read all the official pamphlets for both sides of the argument and did a lot of reading and I’ll be honest I was torn but eventually decided to remain as I felt it was always better for the UK to have a say in what goes on. However, my dad voted to leave because he felt that the UK contributed more to the EU than it got out of it and that an unelected body trying to make decisions for more than 20 countries was never going to be in our best interests.

I think both of us had different reasons but were equally fair and valid. There were good reasons to stay and good reasons to leave it’s just whatever you leaned towards. The narrative that people who did vote leave are stupid and didn’t know what they were voting for really does anger me it’s so patronising. And clearly they haven’t “changed their minds” as the media seemed to push at the time otherwise Boris wouldn’t have had a landslide at the last election.

Reactions: 13
The name Gary was once associated with a really smooth and good-looking film star, Gary Cooper. I now associate it more with some lager-lout, football-yob-type. Sorry to any Garys reading, or anyone close to one. I'm sure they're not all really like that. It's just an irrational image I have.
If you're as old as I am this will be our GARY point of reference and not Gary from snow patrol.

1642717118028.png

unpopular opinion: this thread has become boring 😅
First one was the best.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No decision you ever make concerning voting is conditional on you knowing a set amount of information. You are entitled to know 0 about what you are voting for and still vote.

Reactions: 3
I think if someone kills someone driving drunk they should be charged with murder and never let out of prison.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
HSBC have a poster campaign featuring 2 lesbians kissing and a big fat ugly baby. WHY?

What is it meant to achieve ? Are they saying lesbians why don't you come bank here??What has sexuality got to do with banking and finance?

How about they save their money and give me a bit of interest on my savings?
Is it the lesbians who annoy you or the ugly baby.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I think if someone kills someone driving drunk they should be charged with murder and never let out of prison.
What if they were like 18?
What if they learn the error of their ways.
People change. No one gets behind the wheel drunk thinking I don't care if I kill myself or someone else. They do it because they are reckless or think it will be ok.

Drink drivers can learn and change. Locking someone away for life is surely for people that will always pose a risk to society and so can't be let out. Why destroy two lives because someone made a stupid mistake?

Im not saying there should be no punishment, but I don't think I would even give a prison centance for drink driving, let alone a life one. What's the point.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
They're just trying to be inclusive but banks aren't your friends. They make money using your money and hope you will be a minimum payment only person.

Reactions: 10
HSBC have a poster campaign featuring 2 lesbians kissing and a big fat ugly baby. WHY?

What is it meant to achieve ? Are they saying lesbians why don't you come bank here??What has sexuality got to do with banking and finance?

Eugh. Babies.

Reactions: 1
What if they were like 18?
What if they learn the error of their ways.
People change. No one gets behind the wheel drunk thinking I don't care if I kill myself or someone else. They do it because they are reckless or think it will be ok.

Drink drivers can learn and change. Locking someone away for life is surely for people that will always pose a risk to society and so can't be let out. Why destroy two lives because someone made a stupid mistake?

Im not saying there should be no punishment, but I don't think I would even give a prison centance for drink driving, let alone a life one. What's the point.
Alcohol legally and morally impairs a person's ability to think and act rationally, so even if you kill someone, at most it is manslaughter. Which I agree should carry a heavier sentence and certainly a long-term, if not lifetime ban, but to be categorised the same as a pre-meditated murderer of two or more (which is the only type that carries a whole life order) is a bit barbaric. We absolutely need tougher sentencing (and this is where being in the EU made us even weaker), but proportionately to intent. Sentencing in this country is a joke, only Oz beats us on ridiculousness!

The irony of Hong Kong and Shanghai's stance on same sex relationships is rather amusing more to the point!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I voted out and never wanted to be it , in the first place, we were not given the choice though, yes there was a referendum, but the propaganda damage had already been done.

Remember it was just to be about trade nothing else and look at it now? what scared me was the EU Army and they wanted an EU police force. TTP ( Trans-pacific partnership) was another thing (That's why Obama made his "back on the line speech")

I remember the day after the referendum and the papers saying google was overloaded with Brexiters googling what is the EU as we were so dumb we didn't even know what we voted for

That was me, day in day out showing people ( remainers) that what they thought the EU had done for people was, in fact, the UN 🤣

I still believe those in real power were blackmailing certain people and that is why we were in it to be able to bring in the new world, order one government, one army one police force.
CT yes but that is also a unpopular opoioion but not as unpopular as it once was 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Talking of HSBC adverts. The 1 with Richard “we are not an island”. Regardless of if you voted B or R or think we’re part of a 1 world global system etc
We are an island ffs!! Sea all around. Island 🤣
That’s always pissed me off
Virtue signalling

Personally I voted to remain. But when the referendum came about I’m willing to admit I didn’t really know what the implications of being in the EU even meant and which way I “should” be voting. I read all the official pamphlets for both sides of the argument and did a lot of reading and I’ll be honest I was torn but eventually decided to remain as I felt it was always better for the UK to have a say in what goes on. However, my dad voted to leave because he felt that the UK contributed more to the EU than it got out of it and that an unelected body trying to make decisions for more than 20 countries was never going to be in our best interests.

I think both of us had different reasons but were equally fair and valid. There were good reasons to stay and good reasons to leave it’s just whatever you leaned towards. The narrative that people who did vote leave are stupid and didn’t know what they were voting for really does anger me it’s so patronising. And clearly they haven’t “changed their minds” as the media seemed to push at the time otherwise Boris wouldn’t have had a landslide at the last election.
I've seen a few people say this - which part of the EU did he take issue with? Solely the European commission? There are regular elections to the European Parliament.

Regardless - I can't believe this thread has descended into bloody Brexit discussion of all things haha.

• Haha
I've seen a few people say this - which part of the EU did he take issue with? Solely the European commission? There are regular elections to the European Parliament.

Regardless - I can't believe this thread has descended into bloody Brexit discussion of all things haha.
Yeah it's like discussing pedalo's. It takes on a life of its own.

Note to mods: Not trying to moderate but if anyone wants to discuss Brexit per se, shall we open a specific thread?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.