Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her little speech about talking to the BP CEO and taking him on a retreat just shows her to be immature and knowing nothing of the world. I’m kind of inclined to let her off, I mean she’s 21(?) and has that unbridled idealism and it’s good to retain that but even voicing these ideas comes across as naive and makes her look simple. Her hubris really knows no limits.

Reactions: 20
imagine ~promoting positive social change~ by creating a tech-based start-up that teaches kids to ~promote positive social change~ by creating a tech-based start-up..... it feels a little insular ngl (but secure the venture capitalist bag i guess lol)

Reactions: 12
Jade saying she wants to be “besties” with the CEO of BP is my 13th reason. I can’t believe I ever looked up to her, girls not short of a picnic she’s a whole damn buffet

• Haha
Reactions: 26
imagine ~promoting positive social change~ by creating a tech-based start-up that teaches kids to ~promote positive social change~ by creating a tech-based start-up..... it feels a little insular ngl (but secure the venture capitalist bag i guess lol)
Now we have the concept of her next MLM

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why is she walking around with a facemask hanging off her back in the videos in her room? Really irked me 😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry to go a little off-topic but does anyone know of any travel or study/travel vloggers that don’t suck as much as Jade? Because as awful as she is she really did inspire me to take a gap year for myself, I’m just yknow not planning on becoming a douche at the end of it and I’m not unhinged by grades below an A* 😂
But yeah I’d really like to keep watching some kind of backpacking type vlogs because I just enjoy it really.

To be a little more on topic, I think what irritates me the most about Minerva is just all the rich companies they have some kind of deal with. I remember one time she mentioned a friend had a meeting at Pixar and wasn’t that amazing because OMG her friend was good enough to have a meeting at Pixar! I think that kind of attitude is really reductive to people who actually work their asses off to get opportunities at such huge companies and it’s also giving them false hope too. Her friend has no chance of becoming anyone at Pixar just because she had a meeting with an animator once, and I think Minerva is really encouraging them to think they can get anywhere when these institutions have incredibly high hiring standards even just for ‘entry level’ jobs, like if you watch Inside Pixar one of the people they interview is just a PA, but she has a whole degree and then like ten years of experience in a corporate setting. I don’t know exactly which companies Minerva is associated with, but I think the students are going to be very surprised when they graduate and realise that many of them won’t care about their ‘degree’ at all, I know Minerva has a high level of employment after graduation, but I’d be interested to know A) what they class as employment (is it just an internship they managed to get them on?) and B) how many of these students actually manage to stay on at these companies in the long-run when they’re so severely lacking in skills compared to other employees.

Reactions: 23
Sorry to go a little off-topic but does anyone know of any travel or study/travel vloggers that don’t suck as much as Jade? Because as awful as she is she really did inspire me to take a gap year for myself, I’m just yknow not planning on becoming a douche at the end of it and I’m not unhinged by grades below an A* 😂
But yeah I’d really like to keep watching some kind of backpacking type vlogs because I just enjoy it really.

To be a little more on topic, I think what irritates me the most about Minerva is just all the rich companies they have some kind of deal with. I remember one time she mentioned a friend had a meeting at Pixar and wasn’t that amazing because OMG her friend was good enough to have a meeting at Pixar! I think that kind of attitude is really reductive to people who actually work their asses off to get opportunities at such huge companies and it’s also giving them false hope too. Her friend has no chance of becoming anyone at Pixar just because she had a meeting with an animator once, and I think Minerva is really encouraging them to think they can get anywhere when these institutions have incredibly high hiring standards even just for ‘entry level’ jobs, like if you watch Inside Pixar one of the people they interview is just a PA, but she has a whole degree and then like ten years of experience in a corporate setting. I don’t know exactly which companies Minerva is associated with, but I think the students are going to be very surprised when they graduate and realise that many of them won’t care about their ‘degree’ at all, I know Minerva has a high level of employment after graduation, but I’d be interested to know A) what they class as employment (is it just an internship they managed to get them on?) and B) how many of these students actually manage to stay on at these companies in the long-run when they’re so severely lacking in skills compared to other employees.
I can't remember numbers or anything but I feel like someone looked it up before and quite a few of Minerva's graduates go on to work for Minerva itself. I feel like it's the only place where there degrees are going to be an instant in, everywhere else they're up against the rest of us and most people hiring won't have heard of Minerva. Anecdotal of course but I'm trying to find a job with a Masters degree and you'd be amazed how hard it is even with high marks from a Russell group, world top 100 uni and having done extra stuff on the side too.

Reactions: 5
I can't remember numbers or anything but I feel like someone looked it up before and quite a few of Minerva's graduates go on to work for Minerva itself. I feel like it's the only place where there degrees are going to be an instant in, everywhere else they're up against the rest of us and most people hiring won't have heard of Minerva. Anecdotal of course but I'm trying to find a job with a Masters degree and you'd be amazed how hard it is even with high marks from a Russell group, world top 100 uni and having done extra stuff on the side too.
yeah I would imagine either they go to minerva or they have families with companies (or MLMs :LOL: ) that they go on to work in

Reactions: 4
Her segment on climate change just proves that she is really not that smart and really is only capable of surface level thinking. She steals commentary from actual activists, parroting things about protecting indigenous communities/fast fashion/labour/climate refugees - stuff she has seen smarter people talk about - but she doesn't fully understand these topics herself. The few times she does try to give her own revolutionary opinion on things, it's always something that is painfully ignorant and it's obvious she hasn't bothered to read anything about the topic (e.g. capitalism is the solution to damage caused by capitalism, BP CEO just needs to meditate with me). Also, if you say things like "people in the lowest tier of the world", I think you're a bona fide idiot because I don't understand how she could've listened to herself saying that without realising how offensive that is.

I mean, come on, this caption she put on the video about the BP CEO: He's actually trying to make BP wayyy greener which is a good start!
Does she have cotton wool for brains? Every CEO of a fossil fuel company claims they are "trying" to make their company greener. Every CEO of a fossil company claims they care about climate change. If they didn't, it'd be terrible PR. If she bothered to read one bleeping book on this topic she'd know that this is exactly the tactic that fossil fuel companies are employing - aggressively marketing themselves as sustainable to dupe naive people like Jade, but in reality they're carrying on business as usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Her segment on climate change just proves that she is really not that smart and really is only capable of surface level thinking. She steals commentary from actual activists, parroting things about protecting indigenous communities/fast fashion/labour/climate refugees - stuff she has seen smarter people talk about - but she doesn't fully understand these topics herself. The few times she does try to give her own revolutionary opinion on things, it's always something that is painfully ignorant and it's obvious she hasn't bothered to read anything about the topic (e.g. capitalism is the solution to damage caused by capitalism, BP CEO just needs to meditate with me). Also, if you say things like "people in the lowest tier of the world", I think you're a bona fide idiot because I don't understand how she could've listened to herself saying that without realising how offensive that is.

I mean, come on, this caption she put on the video about the BP CEO: He's actually trying to make BP wayyy greener which is a good start!
Does she have cotton wool for brains? Every CEO of a fossil fuel company claims they are "trying" to make their company greener. Every CEO of a fossil company claims they care about climate change. If they didn't, it'd be terrible PR. If she bothered to read one bleeping book on this topic she'd know that this is exactly the tactic that fossil fuel companies are employing - aggressively marketing themselves as sustainable to dupe naive people like Jade, but in reality they're carrying on business as usual.
exactly, fossil fuels are inherently damaging for the environment and cannot be made green, she is just so ignorant it is unreal

Reactions: 11
Is she really that unaware of herself that she can't see her Dad is part of the problem? He's runs a bleeping MLM for God's sake which are the most exploitative schemes anywhere

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Greenwashing as a concept obviously isn't taught at Minerva. I mean, fossil fuel companies like Shell and BP have been sponsors of huge climate summits like the UN's Climate Change Conferences. They know that fossil fuels are bad and they'll say that, but there's too much money in it for them to stop.

Reactions: 14
I was watching Vee’s video about her grades the other day and everything she’s studying sounds very similar. As someone with a background in education, it struck me how hideously neo-liberal her course sounded - she was describing one of her modules(?) and it seemed to be all about encouraging commercial enterprise to get involved in providing education in poorer countries, but there didn’t seem to be any kind of consideration of ethics, philosophies, choice or whether education sponsored by a major corporation was the right thing to do. I have to say it left me cold to think about education in such a market-driven way.
This is what struck me as someone who studies social policy, is that Jade's emphasis on non-profits or the influence of foreign intervention into the development of other countries and their communities, is incredibly narrow. When she said something on the lines of I do not know whether to position myself on the side of private, public and non-profit it sounded like minerva teaches them that each of these categories follow a strict linear political ideology , rather than acknowledging the complexity of each of these institutions within the process of international development. I have mentioned somewhere here before , but she often fails to acknowledge the potential voice and concerns of the people themselves in whatever cause or social change a non-profit is advocating. Furthermore financing is not the only way was to enact change, actually finance or social media can have no affect if they fail to acknowledge the needs of people they are supposed to help. Rather, as something Jade is acquainted with, these organisations impose some higher moral superiority, look I'm helping these poor people.

also after writing this I realised I am really confused by her political science elective, what is it supposed to be teaching? Governance, international development, social change, political theory? all of these lenses would lead to a different answer to her social change essay.

Reactions: 15
Is she really that unaware of herself that she can't see her Dad is part of the problem? He's runs a bleeping MLM for God's sake which are the most exploitative schemes anywhere
In a way I can see why she would stay ignorant or not talk about it tbh
Disapproving of it would look bad for her father, and obviously that's not ideal
And then discussing the tit MLMs do would be recognising that your life is built on that - a bit of a lose lose situation if she discusses it properly

Reactions: 5
In a way I can see why she would stay ignorant or not talk about it tbh
Disapproving of it would look bad for her father, and obviously that's not ideal
And then discussing the tit MLMs do would be recognising that your life is built on that - a bit of a lose lose situation if she discusses it properly
I agree it'd be a lose lose for her but surely she KNOWS that what she's saying is bleeping bollocks

also after writing this I realised I am really confused by her political science elective, what is it supposed to be teaching? Governance, international development, social change, political theory? all of these lenses would lead to a different answer to her social change essay.
I think you’ll find they’re teaching ‘Minerva’ and who knows what that actually means.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Greenwashing as a concept obviously isn't taught at Minerva. I mean, fossil fuel companies like Shell and BP have been sponsors of huge climate summits like the UN's Climate Change Conferences. They know that fossil fuels are bad and they'll say that, but there's too much money in it for them to stop.
I work in an investment company and only the other day we were discussing possibly moving funds out of Shell and BP and moving them in to a company that spend lots on renewables for ESG purposes. Only to find out they are two of the biggest spenders on renewables. Capitalism, got to appear good whilst making money from bad things!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
She must have so much cognitive dissonance from the fact that her Dad is at the top of an MLM pyramid when she's preaching "woke" topics to us uneducated peasants.

Reactions: 28
her dad seems unhinged like that type of relentless positivity which is obviously mlm brainwashing, but jade being constantly exposed to that as an impressionable kid only to later realize his career is built on lies and exploitation must've been.... something.
i can imagine it being a kind of unspoken thing in the family. tbh her dad gives off such un-self aware vibes to the point where its like maybe he genuinely believes the bullshit he spouts? being high up in the company he must know what actually goes on, but he almost seems self-deluded.
a few videos ago jade did show that she uses JP products, not that its a definite indicator of anything since she couldve just took them to appease her dad or smth, but it kind of at least suggests she believes they work?

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.