Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
did anyone mention the part of the video where she was about to begin her first class and said "if in doubt speak dutch"
I haven’t seen it mentioned but I noticed that too and I was like ???? ma’am this is actually a German course? why you speakin dutch hunny they aren’t the same language 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I haven’t seen it mentioned but I noticed that too and I was like ???? ma’am this is actually a German course? why you speakin dutch hunny they aren’t the same language 💀
and it's not like she can "speak" Dutch.. Jade calm down you can say words and remember sentences but you can't speak it... listen to your own advice don't be cocky!!

Reactions: 27
So tired of the Instagram stories talking about how time at home with family is so needed for reflection. Congrats for living like the rest of the world for once in your life jade. Can she be more out of touch?

Reactions: 38
So tired of the Instagram stories talking about how time at home with family is so needed for reflection. Congrats for living like the rest of the world for once in your life jade. Can she be more out of touch?
this! and also i would love to have a whole summer off to myself to see friends and family and do nothing. influencers are so full of themselves and delusional i don’t see how they have a large crowd following them who do not feel offended by their reckless and expensive lifestyle

Reactions: 25
That's exactly what I thought. When she was like 'blessed for time back with the family' or whatever I was like cool Jade, a lot of us didn't have the choice to be back with our family and have been squished together in too small houses because we lost our jobs or couldn't afford rent.

Reactions: 27
Oh yeah absolutely and formality is generally more important in German than it is in English (e.g. there is a distinction between formal and informal 'you').
However, to me it's still weird in this context for the teacher to tell her it is incorrect, the teacher should have just told her it's less formal rather than saying it is incorrect altogether (which it isn't). The sentence isn't 'informal' in the sense that it is incorrect slang or anything, it's just the shorter more casual way of saying it (but honestly there isn't even much of a difference between the two in terms of formality in my opinion?) Like I said, it's pretty much like "I'm Jade" instead of "My name is Jade" in English.

This isn't a Lingoda thread, so it's whatever and maybe Jade just misunderstood but I just thought it was a strange moment because the way it came across was that the teacher incorrectly 'corrected' her
I’m not anywhere near German but I know the distinction between formal and informal is quite important, could it be because you’re probably not going to be casual with people you’ve just met? Like you’re not going to be saying your name to a friend you’ve had for years

I’m not anywhere near German but I know the distinction between formal and informal is quite important, could it be because you’re probably not going to be casual with people you’ve just met? Like you’re not going to be saying your name to a friend you’ve had for years
Sorry to add to this topic again but this part of the video also confused me.
I‘m German as well and I agree with the comment you referred to (bu xaannaa). If you are in a formal setting like a job interview meeting someone new, you‘d usually only say your name and shake their hand. In a formal email, you might write “ Mein Name ist...” or possibly “Ich heiße...” But in all of my online classes I introduce myself as “I am..” and so do my peers, lecturers might be more formal. I also think Jade’s teacher wanted them to learn a different verb and to conjugate it rather than a frequent use of “to be” and Jade misunderstood.

Reactions: 8
I also think Jade’s teacher wanted them to learn a different verb and to conjugate it rather than a frequent use of “to be” and Jade misunderstood.
Yes to that! Basically every language class I ever took starts with an "Introduce yourself and talk about yourself" unit. So the first three sentences you would learn are "My name is xy. I am 20 years old. I live in yz."
Three easy sentences, but you learn to use three verbs, instead of just two.
But who needs to learn vocab and expand their vocabulary, when you're just ✨ naturally fluent gaah ✨ 😜

Reactions: 14
The fact she joined lesson THIRTEEN straight off the bat and then joined her actual level (I’m assuming a single digit lesson 🙄) is just the height of hubris!!!! I’m actually embarrassed for her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The fact she joined lesson THIRTEEN straight off the bat and then joined her actual level (I’m assuming a single digit lesson 🙄) is just the height of hubris!!!! I’m actually embarrassed for her!
YES!! I couldn’t believe it when she said she joined the thirteenth level of lessons!! How up yourself can you be? It’s like she fully thinks that because she’s Jade and she’s so naturally intelligent that she is above all the lower levels just by intelligence alone, which is not how languages work. It’s not like different maths sets in secondary school. The lesson tiers are there for people to start at the point in their language journey, not for the higher ones to do the same work but more difficult! It’s just so arrogant.

Reactions: 29
YES!! I couldn’t believe it when she said she joined the thirteenth level of lessons!! How up yourself can you be? It’s like she fully thinks that because she’s Jade and she’s so naturally intelligent that she is above all the lower levels just by intelligence alone, which is not how languages work. It’s not like different maths sets in secondary school. The lesson tiers are there for people to start at the point in their language journey, not for the higher ones to do the same work but more difficult! It’s just so arrogant.
I am actually cringing imagining how the teacher and other students would have reacted

Reactions: 12
i actually hate it when influencers post pictures from when they were children/young teenagers and are like "ooh tragic", when it's literally just pictures of children. there is nothing wrong with them

Reactions: 19
Sorry I don’t know much about languages, but her friend who apparently went from never speaking German to c2, is c2 level basically fluent?

I watched eve’s video from Berlin where she only spoke in German the other day, does anyone know what sort of level eve would be at?

Reactions: 5
Hi, I’m a lurker but I just couldn’t not post this and say ‘pfffff’!
Oh god she'd wish.

Honestly to me Jade was always not a very attractive person. The effect might be exaggerated by her annoying smug face expressions though.

Reactions: 6
Sorry I don’t know much about languages, but her friend who apparently went from never speaking German to c2, is c2 level basically fluent?

I watched eve’s video from Berlin where she only spoke in German the other day, does anyone know what sort of level eve would be at?
yeah C2 is the highest level you can get as a non native speaker

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Honestly can’t wait to see the day when she drop this crap and has a personality transplant, she’s so horrible it’s insane, can’t wait for folkert to go to a normal uni and her realise what a scam her’s is
Be even better if he actually got into oxford. She’s been very quite on what he wants to do in the future but I assume it’s go to uni because that seems like the only option their dad gives them

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.