Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
London Squirrels are scary (and I am from Australia, so used to threatening small creatures ;)). They've got too much self-confidence 😂
a bit off topic, but when I lived next to Hyde Park, what was more traumatising than the squirrels was a pigeon I saw once the size of I kid you not a chicken (!) and it just stood in the middle of the path and wouldn't move and I was scarred it would attack me so I had to change my path :')

I don't think Jade has the worst study skills - sure she didn't get into Oxford but I'd say it's because since they only have so many places they take good grades and natural intuition/intelligence. Jade got three A stars (unlike Ruby who pretends to be more hard-working!) and still got into RG unis. She probably can achieve the grades without being crazy intelligent.
Now I think the book isn't relevant since they have changed a lot of curricula and as said, what she does NOW at uni is ridiculous.

Reactions: 11
Now I think the book isn't relevant since they have changed a lot of curricula and as said, what she does NOW at uni is ridiculous
Her book seems to be on study tips more than how you should answer the question or format the answer, so the whole curriculum being changed thing doesn’t actually matter that much as most people will hopefully be smart enough to adapt the techniques she gives them to their own subject

The main problem I’m personally seeing is that the format seems to be more of a memoir which has sprinkles of study tips or techniques inside. Granted, I’m judging that from seeing one page where she reflects on the 40 minute break she would get on the bus. Basically, I imagine her book to be like those online recipes where the author tells you their entire life story before getting to the recipe

I think Jade and the study tubers probably have some decent tips for using stuff like flash cards (I know Jack has a video where he discusses how he used his flash cards daily or weekly by colour coding them, something I never thought of before personally, or something my teachers advised beyond the “use them” stuff) or using pictures/diagrams to remember formulas (I remember Jade has a very poorly filmed video on this) which could actually be helpful. I just don’t think your average student looking for study tips really wants to learn about Jade’s life along the way

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think Jade and the study tubers probably have some decent tips for using stuff like flash cards (I know Jack has a video where he discusses how he used his flash cards daily or weekly by colour coding them, something I never thought of before personally, or something my teachers advised beyond the “use them” stuff) or using pictures/diagrams to remember formulas (I remember Jade has a very poorly filmed video on this) which could actually be helpful. I just don’t think your average student looking for study tips really wants to learn about Jade’s life along the way
I also still don't think anyone would buy a book for that when all the info is available for free on the internet? The only reason people are going to be Jade's fans. Reminds me of that zoella book that was basically just pinterest in book format

I also still don't think anyone would buy a book for that when all the info is available for free on the internet? The only reason people are going to be Jade's fans. Reminds me of that zoella book that was basically just pinterest in book format
yeh it will sell relatively well at first as her fans will buy it but no one just randomly (or casually 🤣) wandering around a bookshop will be picking it up

yeh it will sell relatively well at first as her fans will buy it but no one just randomly (or casually 🤣) wandering around a bookshop will be picking it up

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
That’s the problem with these kinds of study self help books, they’re only catering to her niche audience and nobody walking past is going to spend ££ on purchasing a book of tips they can look up online. For the kind of audience who are invested enough in buying this book, they’ve either already heard most of the tips from Jade herself/other studytubers or they already have official study guides & revision textbooks recommended by their schools.

Reactions: 15
The only reason people are going to be Jade's fans.
lmao I am just noticing that sentence doesn't make any sense I changed it halfway through, my bad

That’s the problem with these kinds of study self help books, they’re only catering to her niche audience and nobody walking past is going to spend ££ on purchasing a book of tips they can look up online. For the kind of audience who are invested enough in buying this book, they’ve either already heard most of the tips from Jade herself/other studytubers or they already have official study guides & revision textbooks recommended by their schools.
Exactly (like almost all youtuber books but they make money, so publishing companies will keep offering youtubers book deals). I mean if you really like her, this is an easy and relatively affordable way to get "merch" (does she even have merch?) but still, it's so unnecessary

Reactions: 6
Jade openly admitting she’s been to London several times without getting her shots first?
Who’s surprised though.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Jade openly admitting she’s been to London several times without getting her shots first?
Who’s surprised though.
I mean it’s allowed? It’s been allowed for ages? And 18-24 years olds only got nationally invited for the vaccine last week? Plus how do we know she didn’t go ASAP after her text? She hasn’t shown it but maybe she won’t?

Reactions: 24
Who’s surprised though.
She has had her first vaccine

I mean it’s allowed? It’s been allowed for ages? And 18-24 years olds only got nationally invited for the vaccine last week? Plus how do we know she didn’t go ASAP after her text? She hasn’t shown it but maybe she won’t?
She had her first one a few weeks ago, before the vaccine was open to her age group. She contacted her local GP and they had some spares which would otherwise have discarded. She just so happened to be in the right place at the right time. Completely down to luck!

Reactions: 3
Ngl I’m surprised if she hasn’t shown the vaccination card you get after your first shot as that would seem like something she would do - casual magic and all

but also I don’t really follow her on IG these days unless you guys point something out

Reactions: 5
You guys, hate is only screwing us over. don't even buy Jade's book to hate read it. The more people hate read her book, the more money she has in her bank account.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am quite surprised that she wrote a study book tbh. She hasn’t really been making study content since 2019, and I thought she accepted that and tried to rebrand her channel. It’s been 3 years since she did her A Levels, and since then not only has the education system radically changed and also been impacted by corona, but also she hasn’t sat a single exam. She’s really one of the least qualified people to be writing a book like this, I appreciate that she probably didnt get to choose the book but also she always had the option to decline. Damon and Jo declined their book deal because they felt they weren’t the best people to write it and didn’t have the relevant experience. I guess the book is essentially a money grab though

Reactions: 22
Totally a money grab. She has no idea what it has been like to go through school/exams in covid times.

Reactions: 16
just listened to that podcast jade made with eve, ruby and jack in her gap year and i must admit i actually enjoyed listening to jade there. she actually made some fairly good points there. came across as a bit self entitled sometimes, but no gahhhs or mentions of casual magic! i just feeel like her ability to think on her own and come up with good arguments went 📉 since she started minerva. man, i miss the old jade...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Honestly I think it can be really easy to lose yourself in the uni bubble, you're going through so much that it can be hard to take a step back and realise that you've been behaving in ways that are out of character or whatever. I do sympathise with Jade a little bit for that, however she's had people calling her out when she's made reckless mistakes that are harmful and none of it seems to get to her in any way at all.

Reactions: 9
I know nothing about life and that's on me... but could someone explain to me how can someone CASUALLY hit a wall?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Honestly I think it can be really easy to lose yourself in the uni bubble, you're going through so much that it can be hard to take a step back and realise that you've been behaving in ways that are out of character or whatever. I do sympathise with Jade a little bit for that, however she's had people calling her out when she's made reckless mistakes that are harmful and none of it seems to get to her in any way at all.
yeah I think there is only so much of a bubble you can be in when not only are people directly calling you out but every media outlet is reporting on the rules she is not following, she just doesn;t care about anyone but herself. Unsurprising with a dad who runs an MLM, this is exactly the attiutde you need to have to do so

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.