Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh, her "I often question whether I should share what I learn during my study abroad semesters" and other comments she's made with a very similar message – I don't know whether she's doing this consciously or not, but what I'm getting from this is "poor me, I can't spout all the bullshit that comes into my head and talk about my travels breaking Covid restrictions because of you HATERS #bekind".
especially as she does constantly share the things she learns

• Haha
Reactions: 14
it really comes across as britain being the good "norm" - ie the smiling eyes not far from line...to me sounds like she is surprised people are almost as friendly as british people (and are we known as a particularly friendly people? I didn;t think so but there we go..) just so awful. Also "borough mark" ....... :rolleyes:
I feel like I've said this like 2938729 times but once again, I can see what she was going for but once again, she missed the mark completely. I think she means that London/England is what's familiar to her (and so inevitably, that is what she is going to compare other cultures too - fair enough, it's natural to compare something new to what you know / to your frame of reference). And when she travelled to Seoul, she expected everything would be different but turns people are just people - smiling, eating, living their lives, etc and they're not all that different. The issue is that she expresses that sentiment not by saying "oh people are just people", she does it by saying they [Koreans] are like the 'good' British (because she likes GB [I'm assuming] and that's her frame of reference) which obviously comes off as.... very very wrong and she just apparently doesn't realise that (because she lacks the critical thinking skills and never seems to think about the implications of what she says, only the intentions?)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I feel like I've said this like 2938729 times but once again, I can see what she was going for but once again, she missed the mark completely. I think she means that London/England is what's familiar to her (and so inevitably, that is what she is going to compare other cultures too - fair enough, it's natural to compare something new to what you know / to your frame of reference). And when she travelled to Seoul, she expected everything would be different but turns people are just people - smiling, eating, living their lives, etc and they're not all that different. The issue is that she expresses that sentiment not by saying "oh people are just people", she does it by saying they [Koreans] are like the 'good' British (because she likes GB [I'm assuming] and that's her frame of reference) which obviously comes off as.... very very wrong and she just apparently doesn't realise that (because she lacks the critical thinking skills and never seems to think about the implications of what she says, only the intentions?)
you have said exactly what I meant in a much better/ more eloquent way!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
imo the poem is not so problematic per se- i think what she's trying to convey is that even in a new environment you will find comfort in familiarities. What makes it problematic is the context that her university is basically a glorified cruise tour and she has only a few months in each country and thus is really just appropriating its "foreignness" for fun new experiences, as part of the minerva gimmick, rather than taking the time to really become accustomed to each place. It's like South Korea exists just to entertain her for a while before she goes to a new country and starts again.

Reactions: 17
I'm glad of this but we all know she'll behave exactly the same in the next country she goes to. Anyone know what it is?
I think she mentioned India somewhere

Edit: I don't know if she will though. India is suffering from COVID and looks like many countries are putting a stop on flights to/from India. Dont know if SK is on that too.

I think she mentioned India somewhere

Edit: I don't know if she will though. India is suffering from COVID and looks like many countries are putting a stop on flights to/from India. Dont know if SK is on that too.
I think she is going back to Berlin next semester !

Reactions: 4
However dumb Jade is, you can’t really deny that Minerva seems like a fun option if you’re not that sure on what you actually want to do at university and the education system is telling you that you should go to uni

I can easily see myself being an 18 year old who wants to travel taking the opportunity, assuming I have money to fund it. And even then, they promise loans that don’t function as a “normal” student loan would that probably pushes them over the edge

Whether we like it or not, the issues students face at Minerva are still very real and it’s likely not just (though very likely mostly) a bunch of rich kids jetting around the world
Maybe for you but none of my friends or anyone from my school would have signed up to an organisation this shifty! It’s a university for the rich and people they trap in, I’m not dismissing their issues but it’s not for your average student in the UK. Without advertising or being “sucked in” from one of their tasters why would you go? It’s a cult and I’ve said this from the start. They have prayed on the rich kids who have disposable income who’s parents can afford them to duck about and not even get a degree from because from what I’ve seen the institution could decide not to award the degree and revoke Minerva’s privileges to be associated to them. Not all 18 year olds are like this, none of the ones I’ve tutored over the last year even considered doing online uni! If anything the pandemic has highlight was a waste of money it is! Online learning? No thanks! Travelling away from home? I don’t think so.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Jade: Seoul is so expensive and we’re uni students
Also Jade: ✨just causally rents an Airbnb to get away from the stress of it all 🧚‍♂️
I’ve never seen someone try to be relatable but also not be relatable lol

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Yall I commented less than 10min ago that I was glad she blocked me from a different account and she blocked me again 💀
Edit: I haven't left a comment on her channel since she blocked for my Switzerland comment. Think I'm done for good now.

Reactions: 11
You could get a real degree from a real university and travel all seven continents for less money than the Minervans spend on their "degree".

Minerva might seem like a fun option but it's restrictive, expensive and pointless. Not to mention stressful.

Reactions: 24
Gosh, her "I often question whether I should share what I learn during my study abroad semesters" and other comments she's made with a very similar message – I don't know whether she's doing this consciously or not, but what I'm getting from this is "poor me, I can't spout all the bullshit that comes into my head and talk about my travels breaking Covid restrictions because of you HATERS #bekind".
That and the fact that 90% of it sounds like absolute rollocks disguised in MLM-speak, that‘s being studied in a surface way that doesn’t seem anywhere near degree level no matter what country you’re in.

Reactions: 6
It's so odd she deleted some comments yet kept the one criticizing Minerva up...for someone who pushes their "brand" (she's a marketing intern for them according to LinkedIn) she sure is doing a sus job. Classic sign of an MLM-er not actually liking the products they preach.

Reactions: 20
So someone asked her brother if he’s going to uni and he said he is, he hasn’t said where but it’ll be interesting to see if Jade regrets Minerva (I think she does already) when she see what he gets for his degree etc as I doubt he’ll be picking Minerva as well

Reactions: 26
imo the poem is not so problematic per se- i think what she's trying to convey is that even in a new environment you will find comfort in familiarities. What makes it problematic is the context that her university is basically a glorified cruise tour and she has only a few months in each country and thus is really just appropriating its "foreignness" for fun new experiences, as part of the minerva gimmick, rather than taking the time to really become accustomed to each place. It's like South Korea exists just to entertain her for a while before she goes to a new country and starts again.
Nearly spat my drink everywhere 😁

Reactions: 9
Sorry if it has already been mentioned (I’m not caught up on the thread) but has Jade not mentioned her brother at all since returning home? I found it a bit odd that he wasn’t included or even mentioned in her returning home reel and I don’t think he’s been mentioned since either! Is there a reason she’s been so quiet about him, when he used to be talked about so much?
Very true!

Reactions: 1
Sorry if it has already been mentioned (I’m not caught up on the thread) but has Jade not mentioned her brother at all since returning home? I found it a bit odd that he wasn’t included or even mentioned in her returning home reel and I don’t think he’s been mentioned since either! Is there a reason she’s been so quiet about him, when he used to be talked about so much?
Someone commented on his Instagram about this and he said he was staying in London for a few days with friends to celebrate the end of their exams

Reactions: 3
Really? Did she mention it? Makes sense though. With COVID and all.
I think she mentionned it in her insta stories, and this is the reason why she is studying german again. Minerva cancelled the semester in Hyderabad.

Reactions: 3
I think she mentionned it in her insta stories, and this is the reason why she is studying german again. Minerva cancelled the semester in Hyderabad.
good - i can only imagine how disrespectful and careless they would’ve been in india

• Heart
Reactions: 17
why does she think she sounds dutch when speaking german 😭😭😭 that‘s the only tragic thing about it. i don‘t mind her beginner mistakes and accent but why does she think her dutch identity revolves around everything

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.