Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jade is so stupid. She just jumps on the BTS bangwagon to get Youtube traffic coming her way. If she was actually someone who truly delved deeper into things .. why didn't she mention BTS's dark past? Probably because it would not be a popular thing to do. They did not always sing about self love, they sang (and tweeted) about sexist bullshit. And this isn't an Anti BTS thing, I do believe people can change. But makes me laugh when Jade says she loves them because they are all about self-love. K POP is so much more than BTS.

Jade is still trying to twist what happened in Switzerland. Nothing about cancel culture. No one is demanding you get cancelled. People have always just wanted an apology. Her accepting what she did broke covid restrictions. How she should not have gone to South Korea in the middle of the pandemic. And then hid how much she was travelling around South Korea. Going on an exploration day when the government were begging people to stay home. South Korea messed up with their vaccine ordering, they are not like the UK ... they are still vaccinating over 65s!!

Reactions: 25
Jade is so stupid. She just jumps on the BTS bangwagon to get Youtube traffic coming her way. If she was actually someone who truly delved deeper into things .. why didn't she mention BTS's dark past? Probably because it would not be a popular thing to do. They did not always sing about self love, they sang (and tweeted) about sexist bullshit. And this isn't an Anti BTS thing, I do believe people can change. But makes me laugh when Jade says she loves them because they are all about self-love. K POP is so much more than BTS.

Jade is still trying to twist what happened in Switzerland. Nothing about cancel culture. No one is demanding you get cancelled. People have always just wanted an apology. Her accepting what she did broke covid restrictions. How she should not have gone to South Korea in the middle of the pandemic. And then hid how much she was travelling around South Korea. Going on an exploration day when the government were begging people to stay home. South Korea messed up with their vaccine ordering, they are not like the UK ... they are still vaccinating over 65s!!
Totally agree, I know literally 0 about K pop and could probably recognise a couple of the members/their songs just for how all over the place they are, and I am not in SK. Surely if you really liked kpop you would find out easily about other groups from being there?
slightly OT and maybe an unpopular opinion but I just do not get the whole obsessiveness around kpop bands, it reminds me of when I was about 10 and obsessed with spice girls, posters all over my room, buying loads of crappy merch, I would have visited a spice girls themed cafe had they existed.. but I find it so weird for adults to do this kind of thing?

'one day' aka when she's no longer on minerva's payroll
and realises that she has been scammed into doing a worthless degree and is unable to write a good cover letter or CV :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
How she should not have gone to South Korea in the middle of the pandemic. And then hid how much she was travelling around South Korea. Going on an exploration day when the government were begging people to stay home. South Korea messed up with their vaccine ordering, they are not like the UK ... they are still vaccinating over 65s!!
SK is also dumb for letting the Minervans in when they're in such a situation. Like don't get me wrong, Jade is as dumb as ever and it doesn't minimise her irresponsibility and selfishness at all, but when a country is "begging" people to stay home while letting in a group of students of an online school (nope Jade, Minerva is not a university) who come from all around the world (given some of them travelled during the Christmas break - like Jade to Switzerland) then they shouldn't be shocked that their statements about staying at home are not treated seriously. They close businesses, people lose their life savings but bleeping Minervans are somehow an exception. It's such a bullshit.

Reactions: 16
SK is also dumb for letting the Minervans in when they're in such a situation. Like don't get me wrong, Jade is as dumb as ever and it doesn't minimise her irresponsibility and selfishness at all, but when a country is "begging" people to stay home while letting in a group of students of an online school (nope Jade, Minerva is not a university) who come from all around the world (given some of them travelled during the Christmas break - like Jade to Switzerland) then they shouldn't be shocked that their statements about staying at home are not treated seriously. They close businesses, people lose their life savings but bleeping Minervans are somehow an exception. It's such a bullshit.
I thought this as SK seem to have been much more sensible in dealing with it than the UK.....but I assume whatever authorities didn't really look into Minerva enough to think that it wasn't necessary for them to come in?

Reactions: 5
Not even bts specifically but I would have liked her to comment on the industry in general. For someone who is (trying to come off as) interested in sustainability, human rights, etc., she really hasn't engaged with it critically at all. Like slave contracts, plastic surgery requirements, not really having any control over their own lives and just how overworked they are and stuff like that. And also the colourism and homophobia in the industry (although I do think Jade is not the right person to speak on these issues).

And then also, can you support an industry that so heavily endorses consumerism and capitalism (when she allegedly is trying to be sustainable). BTS in particular but all kpop groups tbh have partnered with pretty much any brand on the planet and people are out there buying the bts samsung phone or going to mcdonalds just because of them... Also, (sorry this is turning into such a long rant lmao), the fact that not only do they partner with brands but the albums and all of their official merch and other access is so incredibly expensive and again encourages everyone to buy a LOT of stuff. Like with albums, there are usually multiple versions (i.e. different packaging and photocards, the music is the same obviously) and people buy a ton of versions because they want to have every version or want a specific photo card only to then never even listen to the CD because the album is on spotify anyway. Or similarly, how expensive lightsticks are and that so much of their content (e.g. bts summer package and whatnot) and the membership and everything all costs money and as such is super inaccessible.

Idk, I don't think you should boycott kpop because of this or anything, but imo if you're older than 13 and engage with kpop content, you should be aware of the "dark sides" of the industry (I don't like saying "dark side" cause it sounds very sensational/shane dawson video-y but yeah) and engage critically.

slightly OT and maybe an unpopular opinion but I just do not get the whole obsessiveness around kpop bands, it reminds me of when I was about 10 and obsessed with spice girls, posters all over my room, buying loads of crappy merch, I would have visited a spice girls themed cafe had they existed.. but I find it so weird for adults to do this kind of thing?
I think it's cute when people can obsess over something and get really happy thanks to something other humans make (e.g. music, books, tv shows, art). I love when people unironically love something, no matter what age. BTS in particular partly got me out of a really bad depressive episode in like 2017, so they mean a lot to me because their music and videos genuinely got me excited when nothing else really did.

However, the issue I have with this re: kpop is (like I said above) how much of it is blatant consumerism and also how much of it is fetishisation of Koreans and koreaboo behaviour. I realize that's a bit contradictory to say but I think it's a double edge sword and it's extremely difficult to find the right balance.

Sorry for going a bit OT but yeah, these are some of the things that Jade should have addressed imo because if you're going to be talking about kpop, you can't really not talk about the controversies nowadays (especially with tidbits of information, like Jonghyun's death, being known even outside of the community).

Pretty sure we discussed this on here, they technically enrolled in the SK partner university to get around that, so to the SK government they weren't Minerva students, they were 'whatever the Korean university is' students (just as they let in other university students).

Reactions: 22
Not even bts specifically but I would have liked her to comment on the industry in general. For someone who is (trying to come off as) interested in sustainability, human rights, etc., she really hasn't engaged with it critically at all. Like slave contracts, plastic surgery requirements, not really having any control over their own lives and just how overworked they are and stuff like that. And also the colourism and homophobia in the industry (although I do think Jade is not the right person to speak on these issues).

And then also, can you support an industry that so heavily endorses consumerism and capitalism (when she allegedly is trying to be sustainable). BTS in particular but all kpop groups tbh have partnered with pretty much any brand on the planet and people are out there buying the bts samsung phone or going to mcdonalds just because of them... Also, (sorry this is turning into such a long rant lmao), the fact that not only do they partner with brands but the albums and all of their official merch and other access is so incredibly expensive and again encourages everyone to buy a LOT of stuff. Like with albums, there are usually multiple versions (i.e. different packaging and photocards, the music is the same obviously) and people buy a ton of versions because they want to have every version or want a specific photo card only to then never even listen to the CD because the album is on spotify anyway. Or similarly, how expensive lightsticks are and that so much of their content (e.g. bts summer package and whatnot) and the membership and everything all costs money and as such is super inaccessible.

Idk, I don't think you should boycott kpop because of this or anything, but imo if you're older than 13 and engage with kpop content, you should be aware of the "dark sides" of the industry (I don't like saying "dark side" cause it sounds very sensational/shane dawson video-y but yeah) and engage critically.

I think it's cute when people can obsess over something and get really happy thanks to something other humans make (e.g. music, books, tv shows, art). I love when people unironically love something, no matter what age. BTS in particular partly got me out of a really bad depressive episode in like 2017, so they mean a lot to me because their music and videos genuinely got me excited when nothing else really did.

However, the issue I have with this re: kpop is (like I said above) how much of it is blatant consumerism and also how much of it is fetishisation of Koreans and koreaboo behaviour. I realize that's a bit contradictory to say but I think it's a double edge sword and it's extremely difficult to find the right balance.

Sorry for going a bit OT but yeah, these are some of the things that Jade should have addressed imo because if you're going to be talking about kpop, you can't really not talk about the controversies nowadays (especially with tidbits of information, like Jonghyun's death, being known even outside of the community).

Pretty sure we discussed this on here, they technically enrolled in the SK partner university to get around that, so to the SK government they weren't Minerva students, they were 'whatever the Korean university is' students (just as they let in other university students).
I get what you mean, my favourite band are my favourite because they helped me at a very low time but it is solely about their music, I cannot imagine going and buying loads of stickers with their faces on or whatever, but each to their own. I agree I think for me what is annoying is the rapid consumerism of it, for Jade it will probably be a short lived "obsession", by the time she gets back to wherever she is going it will be forgotten anyway

Reactions: 9
But that's the thing - they can only use that uni's labs etc but not on the same rules as normal students, not even as students who go there on the actual exchange. Jade was claiming they are on the same rules but it's an obvious lie (not the first time for Jade) - if they were they could use the accommodation, extra classes, be in contact with other students and professors. So it's in no way an actual cooperation with the uni and authorities should be aware of that. It's their responsibility to check it and not allow a pointless travels of dumb kids from around the world.

Reactions: 15
RE deterioration

chances are she and her friends are experiencing mental health issues because:

A. Being so far away from home. The average uni student can probably afford or find a way to get home at least once during term time. Plus, it’s not like time differences exists so they can chat with their family whenever. Not as easy at Minerva

B. The roommate situation. I’m sharing a room this year and honesty there are just days where I want alone time but cannot shut everyone out because it’s not only my room. Luckily, my roommate is very understanding but these people are sharing rooms with up to 4 people who all study online and are probably in their room almost constantly. Even if they aren’t, there’s a good chance that at least one other person is there and the room isn’t exactly large.

C. The online learning part of it all. It’s something I’ve struggled with this year and I’m sure they probably struggle with it too. Sometimes you just don’t understand something and the lectures don’t make it any clearer, the reading also just doesn’t and that’s that. I imagine if they genuinely are expected to write essays or participate in discussion that goes towards their grade - however brief that discussion is - there is an element of stress there

Reactions: 23
Some students at Minerva used labs at the university they partnered with to do some sort of research with frogs (I have screenshots, and some were posted several threads back if anybody is interested) however their lab conditions looked disgusting and the students clearly didn’t know correct lab etiquette etc

• Wow
Sorry if it has already been mentioned (I’m not caught up on the thread) but has Jade not mentioned her brother at all since returning home? I found it a bit odd that he wasn’t included or even mentioned in her returning home reel and I don’t think he’s been mentioned since either! Is there a reason she’s been so quiet about him, when he used to be talked about so much?

Reactions: 12
RE deterioration

A. Being so far away from home. The average uni student can probably afford or find a way to get home at least once during term time. Plus, it’s not like time differences exists so they can chat with their family whenever. Not as easy at Minerva

B. The roommate situation. I’m sharing a room this year and honesty there are just days where I want alone time but cannot shut everyone out because it’s not only my room. Luckily, my roommate is very understanding but these people are sharing rooms with up to 4 people who all study online and are probably in their room almost constantly. Even if they aren’t, there’s a good chance that at least one other person is there and the room isn’t exactly large.

C. The online learning part of it all. It’s something I’ve struggled with this year and I’m sure they probably struggle with it too. Sometimes you just don’t understand something and the lectures don’t make it any clearer, the reading also just doesn’t and that’s that. I imagine if they genuinely are expected to write essays or participate in discussion that goes towards their grade - however brief that discussion is - there is an element of stress there
And for what? It's not like these elements of Minerva are necessary to get a good education, and chances are their job prospects afer Minerva are not going to be outstanding to say the least.

And for what? It's not like these elements of Minerva are necessary to get a good education, and chances are their job prospects afer Minerva are not going to be outstanding to say the least.
However dumb Jade is, you can’t really deny that Minerva seems like a fun option if you’re not that sure on what you actually want to do at university and the education system is telling you that you should go to uni

I can easily see myself being an 18 year old who wants to travel taking the opportunity, assuming I have money to fund it. And even then, they promise loans that don’t function as a “normal” student loan would that probably pushes them over the edge

Whether we like it or not, the issues students face at Minerva are still very real and it’s likely not just (though very likely mostly) a bunch of rich kids jetting around the world

Reactions: 11
RE deterioration

totally agree, and then all compounded by the lack of mental health resources or the ability to take time off without ruining your grades

Reactions: 9
However dumb Jade is, you can’t really deny that Minerva seems like a fun option if you’re not that sure on what you actually want to do at university and the education system is telling you that you should go to uni

I can easily see myself being an 18 year old who wants to travel taking the opportunity, assuming I have money to fund it. And even then, they promise loans that don’t function as a “normal” student loan would that probably pushes them over the edge

Whether we like it or not, the issues students face at Minerva are still very real and it’s likely not just (though very likely mostly) a bunch of rich kids jetting around the world
I'd say there are many much better options than Minerva if you don't know what to do with your life and want to travel. Minerva is a waste of both money and time compared to them.

Reactions: 13

Totally agree! I love kpop, I listen to a lot of it (ATEEZ are my current fave) but I'm also aware it's a problematic industry and do my best to be critical of those aspects. I understand it might be somewhat hypocritical to still listen to the music whilst condemning the industry, but yeah. Jade would never commit to that critical thought on BTS because it wouldn't get her the views.

Reactions: 2
I'd say there are many much better options than Minerva if you don't know what to do with your life and want to travel. Minerva is a waste of both money and time compared to them.
yeah I would say if you don;t know what to do a better idea would be to postpone uni and get a job, even just something like waitressing or whatever and give yourself time to think

Reactions: 6
Yep, take a gap yah or two before going to/applying to uni then. Study abroad in Europe or Australia or something. Go to a uni with an exchange programme in place. So many other options.

Reactions: 15
Shes reply to more stuff right now, interesting the bits she ignores and the bits she replies to 🤔 but anyway

Screenshot_20210607-153453.png

Screenshot_20210607-153514.png

Screenshot_20210607-153528.png

Screenshot_20210607-153541.png

Screenshot_20210607-153551.png

here is the poem the comment talks about

Screenshot_20210607-153858.png

Reactions: 13
Shes reply to more stuff right now, interesting the bits she ignores and the bits she replies to 🤔 but anyway

View attachment 607163
View attachment 607165
View attachment 607164
View attachment 607169
View attachment 607170

here is the poem the comment talks about

View attachment 607161
it really comes across as britain being the good "norm" - ie the smiling eyes not far from line...to me sounds like she is surprised people are almost as friendly as british people (and are we known as a particularly friendly people? I didn;t think so but there we go..) just so awful. Also "borough mark" ....... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
Gosh, her "I often question whether I should share what I learn during my study abroad semesters" and other comments she's made with a very similar message – I don't know whether she's doing this consciously or not, but what I'm getting from this is "poor me, I can't spout all the bullshit that comes into my head and talk about my travels breaking Covid restrictions because of you HATERS #bekind".

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.