Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely, it feels like all of that went from "it's okay to say no sometimes and take time for myself" to "i am the only important person and the whole world revolves around me"

Sorry to bring up something else but since we've talked about her referencing before:
View attachment 591941
I'm assuming she isn't done yet, so she might still have gotten her references in order later but it bugs me how inconsistent her references are here? It looks like she's going for APA but why does she say "Pages 211-225" and then later "(pp. 30-59)" and then for the Ritter source, she just says "OUP Oxford", why does she not put the location first like with the others?
Because the source itself is not an article but a book or a long long essay, thus she must say from what chapter/page of that book she took the reference

I guess some Korean told her about the weather and she understood "wikipedia has shut down"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sadly, not a joke. She went on about this idea for a solid minute or so.
I listened to this whilst cleaning yesterday, yes she really did go on about it - sounding so unhinged and smug, talking about how powerful CEOs are damaging the poor people or “bottom tier” as i’m sure she referred to them...I was thinking dude, your Dad’s company literally exploits people trying to make ends meet... errrr.

She really think she’s a fountain of knowledge and enlightenment.

Reactions: 25
Holy tit she's back at it AGAIN with her "for profit companies are better than charities" bullshit Does she not have ANY critical thinking skills??? Even after everyone explained to her why she was so stupid the last time she went on about that?????

• Sick
Reactions: 27
Because the source itself is not an article but a book or a long long essay, thus she must say from what chapter/page of that book she took the reference

I guess some Korean told her about the weather and she understood "wikipedia has shut down"
She's referencing the pages inconsistently though - "pp." one time, "pages" another, "chapters 6 and 7" (in an edited volume... so those chapters sjould be referenced sepatately and with authlrs, title, and labe numbers) yet another time...

When I grade essays, that's admittedly the part I care least about, as long as everything is there and it's clear where you got your information from, I don't particularly care about formatting. But I also am low-key bothered by it 😅😅

Reactions: 13
ALSO not being funny but when she's talking about rich people who care more about their money than climate change THAT IS LITERALLY YOU JADE you jet across the world every couple of weeks!!!

Reactions: 51
Omfg so I started watching her vlog to check whether I could stand the cringe. I'm bleeping dead. It was already bad but the BP CEO thing, wow.

She thinks no human is inherently evil. Does she actually think that CEOs of global corporations are the most "evil" people who exist rn cause they destroy the climate? That's all? Wow if only someone educated her human trafficking exists. And that it includes children. Not to mention other horrible stuff happening in the world.

Change is so freaking slowww. Fast fashion - says someone who gets new clothes on daily basis. Thank god she's run out of storage cause I started wishing for something else happen to her so she stops (and it wasn't the storage issue).

She should shut up about the "finals season" already. I swear she's been milking it for at least 1,5 months. It's been just essays ffs. No finals or actual studying whatsoever. Not to mention she still had time to walk around and do tit so I don't think she even knows how stressful actual finals are in an actual uni.

She's so dumb it's scary. People like that are some of the most detrimental ones, they seem unaware how stupid they are and instead they believe they have stuff to say and are the "future leaders".

And the last thing may be harsh but god, she's so unappealing to look at. Not only her face is annoying me by itself but the faces she pulls and constant smug expression makes me wanna punch the screen.

Reactions: 28
She's referencing the pages inconsistently though - "pp." one time, "pages" another, "chapters 6 and 7" (in an edited volume... so those chapters sjould be referenced sepatately and with authlrs, title, and labe numbers) yet another time...
Yeah that's what I meant! I know it's not the end of the world, and also will give her the benefit of the doubt that she might have gone back to edit it before she handed in the essay, but just wanted to mention it because the references we've seen in her essays are questionable at best.

Reactions: 5
they described what my whole year at university in remote felt like ahah
She did a module about social change and slacktivism?????? What the duck is this bullshit degree? Minerva is literally just a uni for influencers.
Also I hate how much she invades peoples personal space, like she fully drapes her entire body over other people smh

Reactions: 32
She should shut up about the "finals season" already. I swear she's been milking it for at least 1,5 months. It's been just essays ffs. No finals or actual studying whatsoever. Not to mention she still had time to walk around and do tit so I don't think she even knows how stressful actual finals are in an actual uni.
Not to mention these essays are only 2000 words: I'm also in a degree with relatively little actual exams and quite a lot of essays and papers but mine are often 5000 words. Those are the ones I stress about.

Reactions: 10
Holy tit she's back at it AGAIN with her "for profit companies are better than charities" bullshit Does she not have ANY critical thinking skills??? Even after everyone explained to her why she was so stupid the last time she went on about that?????
I was watching Vee’s video about her grades the other day and everything she’s studying sounds very similar. As someone with a background in education, it struck me how hideously neo-liberal her course sounded - she was describing one of her modules(?) and it seemed to be all about encouraging commercial enterprise to get involved in providing education in poorer countries, but there didn’t seem to be any kind of consideration of ethics, philosophies, choice or whether education sponsored by a major corporation was the right thing to do. I have to say it left me cold to think about education in such a market-driven way.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
She did a module about social change and slacktivism?????? What the duck is this bullshit degree? Minerva is literally just a uni for influencers.
Also I hate how much she invades peoples personal space, like she fully drapes her entire body over other people smh
The level of narcissism in that video was insane and it is only being made worse with Minerva imo. The CEO thing made me cringe SO much. Again the description of a module just seemed like loads of surface level information crammed into one course

Reactions: 16
A course like that could do so many cool things - how do we situate social media in relation to other parts of our lifes, when are online campaigns an asset and when do they encourage passivity, what expperiences do minorities and marginalized groups have in particilar (for example, Black people engaging in BLM while a lot of white people are reposting their stuff, #MeToo providing an accessible platform while there is also the risk of going very public with very stigamizing experiences etc) and how do they work with or work around these issues? How do corporations commercialize social justice campaigns and does it alter the way movements use slogans and hashtags?

To take a line from Jade: "gaaaah"

But we just know Minerva isn't gonna do the critical appproaches don't we 😭

ok upon havibg caught up with the video: it's not a "module on social change and slacktivism." Based on her description, it's an introductory pol sci course covering many of the traditional topics, including social media and protest movements that also involved discsuiions about online activism and "slacktivism." Which is totally fair and sounds pretty standard, though as others have pointed out, Minerva courses seem to take a super neoliberal approach overall.

Last edited:
a bit late but the “intuitive” thing about learning german because she knows dutch is so funny. she clearly has a very poor level of dutch (in her learning dutch videos she was learning basic verb formation and was pronouncing words wrong, which you know from even the smallest knowledge of the language). How long will she be in Germany for? a semester? even if she was there for a year she would probably struggle to become fluent considering her university is in english and she speaks with all her friends in english. She severely underestimates how long it can take to become fluent. I don’t think we should take this seriously, considering she had “fluent in two weeks” on the thumbnail of her learning french video. German will just join the list of languages (French, Dutch, Korean) that she tried to learn for about two weeks then dropped.

Reactions: 15
I’m watching the moment where she talks about the BP ceo - and I don’t even know what to say!? She’s inferring that if the ceo could be made aware of their impact on the environment then that could create change?
The ceo does not give a single tit about the environment...I’m sure he already knows all about the impacts..it’s not really an issue of awareness yah know?

Also as I watch this, I still have no idea what she is studying/what she’s learning... at least all of us in degrees are building upon our knowledge and becoming specialized in areas so when we graduate we have applicable and niche skills?

Reactions: 20
I’m watching the moment where she talks about the BP ceo - and I don’t even know what to say!? She’s inferring that if the ceo could be made aware of their impact on the environment then that could create change?
The ceo does not give a single tit about the environment...I’m sure he already knows all about the impacts..it’s not really an issue of awareness yah know?

Also as I watch this, I still have no idea what she is studying/what she’s learning... at least all of us in degrees are building upon our knowledge and becoming specialized in areas so when we graduate we have applicable and niche skills?
It is as if she thinks she has just stumbled across some knowledge no one else has and she needs to educate the BP guy, hilarious, is there ANYONE on earth who is not aware of environmental issues? (except climate change deniers I guess)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m on a roll whilst watching this.. but Minerva seems to be the most inaccessible ‘institution’ for disabled folks ever. I have a very rare disorder that’s kind of like narcolepsy and so I’m forever exhausted. I would straight up die going to Minerva.
From the lack of quiet spaces, the completely inaccessible housing, the wack lecture times...I mean kudos to the able bodied people who get to live the lux traveling weird uni experience..

Reactions: 28

But... surely if we just *told* the Shell executives that Nigerian minority protestors were violent oppressed and tortured they... would care and they would stop? 😶

Whether it's Shell or BP or Monty Burns for all I care, they aren't "in their bubble." They are the bubble, they uphold this image that their behavior is ethical rather than deeply exploitative. They have better access to what their corporations are doing than anyone else, and are busy reframing that informatiom (and part of that may be to portray themselves as having been ignorant when a scandal emerges).

Reactions: 15
I’m on a roll whilst watching this.. but Minerva seems to be the most inaccessible ‘institution’ for disabled folks ever. I have a very rare disorder that’s kind of like narcolepsy and so I’m forever exhausted. I would straight up die going to Minerva.
From the lack of quiet spaces, the completely inaccessible housing, the wack lecture times...I mean kudos to the able bodied people who get to live the lux traveling weird uni experience..
i always think this, i’m autistic and i wouldn’t be able to cope at all

Also since she clearly knows so much, why does she still make choices that are not environmentally-friendly? Surely not... *gasp* for content? aka profit??? It's almost like she is doing the exact same thing on a smaller scale?
Guys, I haven't been on a plane in a few years, should I take Jade on a retreat and tell her all about how flying is bad? And then, since she'll be aware, I'm sure she would drop out of Minerva and never fly again!!! gaaahhh 💚

• Haha
Reactions: 26
i always think this, i’m autistic and i wouldn’t be able to cope at all
I am neither autistic or disabled but would never cope with minerva. it really only attracts a very specific type of person imo. all of hades minerva friends seem to have the same personality

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.