Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Her whole body positivity thing also just feels a bit exaggerated/staged to me

The majority of her IG pictures look fine and honestly hardly show off her body, or if they do she has styled herself very well. The few pictures which would be more likely to attract body shaming are because she's wearing comfier/sporting clothes, or she has posted the pictures just to show off how 'bad' her body is, or has otherwise drawn attention to her body through caption/text

I think there's a lot of room for realistic portrayal of bodies on social media, but the way influencers and Jade are going about it is just not it

• Heart
Reactions: 28

octoppus182

I could be wrong, but surely if you have the motivation/attention span/time to read a book on HOW to study, you’re probably pretty much equipped to actually study without reading the book?

especially when it’s so easy to find help online, you could literally just google “most effective ways to study” and you’d get almost exactly the same info as Jade has in her book.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28

swishswishbish1

didn't someone say earlier that germany are not letting in people from the uk?
just looked it up and yes, travel from the UK to Germany is indeed frobidden. wonder if our nature gal knows that or if she’s just counting on ✨casual magic✨ to get her through

• Haha
Reactions: 27

missmina

VIP Member
Cool but we've been talking about her bullshit claims on easily understanding German because of Dutch (not learning Dutch being easy for her cause she might have been exposed to Dutch as a small kid for a second), both of which she doesn't even know. The fact that her mom "maybe" used a bit of Dutch when she was small would not make much difference here. German and Dutch aren't that similar to begin with. The first time she showed interest in that was when she started being obsessed with languages and attended that sponsored super fast French course. Since then at every fucking occasion she needs to mention Dutch or German being easy for her because of Dutch or Korean being easy for her because "she already knows X languages". She's desperately trying to show off (her non existent skills) and it's too visible. So yeah, it's just Jade being sketchy and trying to be special as usual.

• Heart

octoppus182

If they need a good photo of Jade for the cover, all they need is to ask us on tattle. I’m sure we could put forward some excellent ones.

• Haha

peterbread

I think I may have asked this previously, but I'm genuinely baffled as to how studytubers got to go on oxbridge summer schools which you need to be disadvantaged to attend. Now knowing about her MLM dad, it seems odd that Jade would be eligible to go on the Sutton Trust? The only possible reason I may think of is that maybe her school had a poor performance rate but that seems unlikely?

treasuredintention

I haven’t seen it mentioned but I noticed that too and I was like ???? ma’am this is actually a German course? why you speakin dutch hunny they aren’t the same language 💀
and it's not like she can "speak" Dutch.. Jade calm down you can say words and remember sentences but you can't speak it... listen to your own advice don't be cocky!!

So in a previous video she mentioned she was so happy she did Talk to Me in Korean Level 1. For those who don't know .. that is like 7.5 hours of study time. Each podcast is around 15 minutes long (some 10 and some 20), and there are 30 lessons. You literally learn the absolute basics!!! Like the whole first lesson is spent learning to say Hello. Another whole lesson is just on goodbye. Yet Jade was having conversations with locals? This is literally one full day of studying. How arrogant would someone have to be to make out they know enough Korean to 'get by' after studying for less than a day ?!?!

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
yep, in her notion notes a while back she had something about writing a guide for GCSE and A level students... who does she think she is and why is she qualified to write a book on that if that is indeed what is happening? I mean sure, if you did well you can share some advice, maybe make a video, maybe tutor some students, but a book?
I find it so uncomfortable when these influencer freaks have their target audience as literal children. Easy to win over, manipulate and squeeze money out of, like how tf is she qualified to write a book on gcses when she did them ages ago and the system has changed since then?

ECH

VIP Member
So tired of the Instagram stories talking about how time at home with family is so needed for reflection. Congrats for living like the rest of the world for once in your life jade. Can she be more out of touch?
That's exactly what I thought. When she was like 'blessed for time back with the family' or whatever I was like cool Jade, a lot of us didn't have the choice to be back with our family and have been squished together in too small houses because we lost our jobs or couldn't afford rent.

emm

VIP Member
just saw her stories about all of her bags on the way to the airport... so minimalist that she has doubled how much she has over 3(?) months

• Haha
I feel like her parents have instilled this fear in her. She said herself they were very worried about her going places alone (when she was like 18?!?!). Honestly I think it is doing your children a massive disservice. The streets are safer now than they have ever been!! Yet people are being raised now too afraid to go out. I am so grateful for the fact my mum wasn't a helicopter parent and raised me with confidence. Teach your children to have the confidence to navigate situations rather than instilling fear in them. I have lived and worked across 4 continents, always solo travelling. And the one time I got into trouble was because I got onto an empty bus in Tanzania. I knew I should have got onto a bus that had people (witnesses) on it! Having confidence normally keeps you out of a lot of trouble in countries. Looking like a lost tourist is the worst thing to do .... you become a target people will try and take advantage of ..

I am very happy i live in a country now where it is normal for primary aged children to walk to school on their own. And they are allowed to roam the neighbourhood and play in the park by themselves. I know many western countries where the police are now being called on 7 year olds who are in the park by themselves. There isn't even a choice to give your children freedom..
Sarah Everard did everything she was “supposed” to do (busy street, phoning someone, bright clothing) and was still murdered simply walking home. And recently a close friend of mine was the victim of a racially motivated attack on the tube. There’s no level of confidence that could have prevented a hate crime. Although I agree that instilling fear into your children is bad, I do understand Jade’s mum’s worries - Safer doesn’t mean they are safe.

Last edited:
  • Heart

meweme

Why does she act like she just discovered a cure for cancer everytime she washes her hair?! I get it - it might be a little more time intensive with her type of hair and it might feel nice and fresh - but every damn time?! Like wtf? I'm not applauding you for any little shit. Get your act together!

• Haha
Haven't watched her videos in a while cause she's so annoying but just watched her recent one cause of how much she's being roasted and lmao she's so ignorant and annoying. She definitely thinks she 'found herself' in korea and the travel was necessary. My parents are east asian (or as Jade would say I'm not British British) and you can just tell by people's mannerisms and reactions that they are just treating her as an irritating foreigner to be indulged and she isn't picking up on it at all.

nissigossips

Holy shit she's back at it AGAIN with her "for profit companies are better than charities" bullshit Does she not have ANY critical thinking skills??? Even after everyone explained to her why she was so stupid the last time she went on about that?????

• Sick