Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peterbread

Guys, I feel like we had our expectations for this girl too high. Should we really be surprised that she thinks she will become fluent in German in a few weeks when she literally has videos called "I learnt dutch in a week" "fluent in french in 2 weeks"

she always is like "dual nationality kids, I dare you to reclaim your heritage!" as if she didnt just get dutch nationality a few years ago because of brexit. I am eligible for dual citizenship and I am looking into the process but for me it's very important that I at least have some competency in the language before I get it (I have been learning on and off for a few years), because otherwise I would feel like I'm just using that country for my own benefit without caring about the culture. The fact she literally became a dutch citizen and her only effort to learn dutch was one week for a youtube video before she dropped it for korean/french/german baffles me. If I was in that position, Dutch would be my absolute priority

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Lola123

VIP Member
Her dad looks like a robot
Maybe that’s what juice plus actually does to you, if you got sucked in early enough

I hope folkert goes to a regular uni and does some proper critical thinking and realised how bad they all are

• Haha
Reactions: 28

coll0601

Guys who knew that people ✨proofread✨ books before they’re published?? What a magical process 🥰 also why would she even need to have her brothers name corrected lmao is she an idiot

• Haha

Fastgirl154

I’m on a roll whilst watching this.. but Minerva seems to be the most inaccessible ‘institution’ for disabled folks ever. I have a very rare disorder that’s kind of like narcolepsy and so I’m forever exhausted. I would straight up die going to Minerva.
From the lack of quiet spaces, the completely inaccessible housing, the wack lecture times...I mean kudos to the able bodied people who get to live the lux traveling weird uni experience..

missmina

VIP Member
Omfg so I started watching her vlog to check whether I could stand the cringe. I'm fucking dead. It was already bad but the BP CEO thing, wow.

She thinks no human is inherently evil. Does she actually think that CEOs of global corporations are the most "evil" people who exist rn cause they destroy the climate? That's all? Wow if only someone educated her human trafficking exists. And that it includes children. Not to mention other horrible stuff happening in the world.

Change is so freaking slowww. Fast fashion - says someone who gets new clothes on daily basis. Thank god she's run out of storage cause I started wishing for something else happen to her so she stops (and it wasn't the storage issue).

She should shut up about the "finals season" already. I swear she's been milking it for at least 1,5 months. It's been just essays ffs. No finals or actual studying whatsoever. Not to mention she still had time to walk around and do shit so I don't think she even knows how stressful actual finals are in an actual uni.

She's so dumb it's scary. People like that are some of the most detrimental ones, they seem unaware how stupid they are and instead they believe they have stuff to say and are the "future leaders".

And the last thing may be harsh but god, she's so unappealing to look at. Not only her face is annoying me by itself but the faces she pulls and constant smug expression makes me wanna punch the screen.

yjmsidc

Lmao she says she used to be too scared to take the tube alone “not too long ago”... like WHAT you’re 21😂 now I’m starting to understand why she’s so hyped up about eating a croissant in the park on her own

• Haha

peterbread

the irony of jade preaching sustainability and environmentalism to her followers when she's selling her book on amazon. do as I say not as I do

I enjoy doing stuff by myself... its fun. But I don't pretend that its something revolutionary. Why does she have to frame everything as something that makes her unique and ✨not like other girls ✨

• Heart

apple727

that video, for the past me, would’ve been so inspiring, just like the staying in France video, I watched the French one so many times, and I was fooled by the fact jade gives the impression that she could have very long conversations. But now , it just annoys me. I have studied Spanish for 6/7 years through GCSE and A-Level, and I am going to do it at university, and I still consider myself beginner in Spanish. I study a lot, but I am making very slow progress. But Jade? Making out that she’s gone from beginner to full conversation in a month? It just makes me feel like I am really slow at languages. It’s just not realistically possible to be advanced in that amount of time. Not to mention that she’s not even acknowledging that those Lingoda Courses costs around £600 (for the one Jade is doing) or nearly £1000 for the intensive day one, if you miss a lesson, and not everyone can afford that. I know I certainly can’t

Fastgirl154

The video was meh and I mean she wasn’t fluent by the end and made mistakes so it felt pretty accurate BUT BUT...

I call absolute bullshit on the friend who went from A1 to C2 in 3 months. I have studied french for 8-9 years, study it as a degree at the highest level university offers and would never consider myself C2. Probably nearing a comfortable C1 but C2 is literally native fluency.

Kcn

Chatty Member
Do we think she’ll have a chapter on how to cross international borders to have a weekend away with the person you love? Followed by a chapter on how to get over just being called their ‘British friend’?

I’m still not over the whole Swiss alps thing 😂

• Haha

HollyLeaf

Whatever Jade has to say, it's pretty irrelevant to the pandemic generation. She has no idea.

• Heart

slamvs27

VIP Member
She must have so much cognitive dissonance from the fact that her Dad is at the top of an MLM pyramid when she's preaching "woke" topics to us uneducated peasants.

NotAnArtist

somehow positive affirmations never seem to include humility, or reminders that you are just one person and don't need to make yourself the main character of everything. We are all one character, expecting to be the main character in lives other than our own is obnoxious and selfish.

I do like working in cafés though 😅 and I really like those shirts she wears with naked bodies on them, I just wish I could afford them (and could figure out whether they would be welcomed at my workplace haha - but even if so, the 100+$ are prohibitive)

Oops, second post, but this also reminds me of an Insta story or older vlog where she talked about going over the UN development goals with a friend and coming up with start ups that could "solve" each of them (or the lack not meeting the goals indicates). And sure, she said it was just something to get them thinking, I.e. nothing they were going to pursue... but "rich white kids who did voluntourism pitching a start up" is just such a wild, yet also somehow such a common, approach. Noooo of course these "solutions" wouldn't include asking people in need exactly what they need, and these ideas probably did include to finally stop meddling, step back, and let people take the wheel who have worked on an issue for years or decades but haven't stood a chance against wha the Global North *thinks* is right...

Last edited: